We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the point of having dynamically changing routes when you take each corner using the exact same input method each time with carbon copy slides for all the 90 degree turns. Interesting to hear the 1000MHz sampling rate for physics and no need for aids but I don't see it in the footage yet. The only other interesting thing is that this game should release just as pCARS is wrapping up and getting ready to advertise bigger. Can't wait to try out the co-op racing modes they have planned.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice videos, the only thing I hope is the team in charge of developing the game are far apart from the clowns of the Formula One Series video games, I heard as well the got rid of the formula 1000, dudes that was sooo much fun .

ps. first I gonna get a cracked copy just in case I don't wanna waste my money anymore in crappy games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I know, but they're the only ones who give honest feedback on the handling. They're up front with which titles are arcade or simcade, and then proceed to say how good it is, does it still work with a wheel, etc. Whereas any other generic reviewer who plays FPS games all week will just try it with a gamepad for 30 minutes and say it's great. TeamVVV is another good source of info.

Soo... GRID 2. I really like and enjoy it, too a point.

I love the feel of speed the game has, especially on street track. With the walls soo close, you need to time corners just right.

I know some people will probally disagree with me on this, but I don't mourn the loss of interior cockpit view. Usually, it's only used in proper simulators where you are actually simulating something. Grid is undeniably an Arcade game, as doesn't suffer from no cockpit view. Hood view is ideal for this game.

Something I really like in this game is the way it looks and sounds. What I look for in racing games recently is Atmosphere (i'm in the process of writing an article about it). Atmosphere for me is what makes this game. Anything from squirrels running across the track to the huge crowds, it looks and sounds like you are at a popular race series.

If there's anything I can fault with the game. I personally don't like the Drifting/Touge/Face-Off events, they get a bit dry after one or two goes. I'm in the track racing camp regards to that. Something else i've noticed about the game, mainly on Face-Off events is Rubber Band AI, which is something I think we can all agree on.

But anyway, I recommend this game too anyone who wants to have a fun, fast racing game. Give it a go.

I have to disagree about the lack of cockpit view being moot due to the whole it's mainly used in sims argument as to me the cockpit view is a fundamental aspect of what makes games like these enjoyable. Whether it's a sim or not doesn't matter but that view does, why? Simply because it's more immersive due to being more restrictive. What I mean by this is that you need to know the width and length of the car when using these views, you need to feel what's around you and next to you, it believe it or not seems to heighten your senses compared to the typical behind the car view where you can see how close, how far, how steep, how close that car is next to you etc and it's all the better for it, and it's what makes replays worth watching! This is probably lost on some but when you race in these views you want to watch the replay to see just how close you were to clipping the wall, or how well you did in that final turn overtake because you don't know exactly how it happened because you are in a closed-in view that makes it hard to know just what went on around you.

This may sound meh to some of you but this is why a cockpit view in racing games are needed, wanted and is passionately shouted about when it is excluded from a game.

When I played the first GRID demo I actually quite enjoyed the Mustang street race and in the cockpit view it was pure excitement due to the chicanes being narrow and the need to clip those apexes close to the barriers. The drifting I was a fan of much as I don't like it in general but having to guess where the rear of my car was something I could feel and viewing the replay proved it. :D

Im still tempted to buy this but the lack of cockpit view does bug me since its the main view I use, but then again I don't have that much good racing games, forza 4 has become a bit boring with the lack of tracks, from what I've seen grid 2 looks like a great game and looks fun.

When it goes to about £15-£20 I will buy it.