We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Simcity Rant

Ozzmcom

I haven't really bought it but I did watch a lot of pre-release vids and read some reviews.

First of all I'm a huge simcity fan, not the fake ones(social,societies etc). I mean the real ones, I must've had over 300 hours (sad) on SC4.

As we know the new simcity is out ;

Origin

The problems are to start with, the regions are way to small.

They are a tad smaller than the medium sized maps on SC4.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Which means no more massive metropolitan cities or varying rural and city regions within the map unlike any past simcities.

Now CD Ocean Quigley did mention :

“We need to keep in mind that Sim City is a mainstream game, it’s not a game that is only going to run on high-end gaming PCs, it has to run in your Dad’s PC as well. That is just a performance decision. Given that was the performance constraint we decided to work under, we built a larger region environment and a bunch of the multiplay to work with 2km cities.”

“We’ll eventually get around to expanding the city size, but I can’t make any promises as to when.”

I never trust anything comes out of EA however there is SOME hope.

Some of the features SC4 had (Subway, Modding etc.) is not on the game, there are some DLC's lined up but for a $60 game you'd expect it would have those features already. Oh well we'll see how it goes for now I'm not buying it.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

That guy creeps me the duck out, he struggles to breath while eating :lol: :mhmm: , that is what most people think of gamers, according to the fellow internet, onto the game, from what i've seen on channels like Nerdcubed he hated it so much he didn't play it :mhmm;

I forgot to add the reliability issues everyone's having with the DRM system, which is the base of this online-only simcity. People are waiting in cues to get in the servers and such.

Probably best to wait for a while, let things cool down and be fixed.

I forgot to add the reliability issues everyone's having with the DRM system, which is the base of this online-only simcity. People are waiting in cues to get in the servers and such.

Probably best to wait for a while, let things cool down and be fixed.

No monies until Tuesday.. I shall have to wait. Tesco better have it! :panic:

yeah it's funny because maxis is always trying to be different and stuck at the word ''innovative'' but they always mess up.

yet here we are another follow-up title that completely ignores its perfectly good and successful ancestor and end up being in trash.

Did anyone ever try Cities XL or Anno 2070? Are they any good?

I wonder if the PS4 game streaming tech will be just as bad

I've played most cities xl's, they're good.

They don't exactly have that SC4 Magic but they'd be a much better choice against the new simcity.

Just bought Cities XL Platinum (which is basically Cities XL 2012 with some extra content).

But rather than pay $30 for it, I purchased Cities XL 2011 first, which gave me an 85% discount on Platinum ($5). Total price: $25. I'm hoping the developers are smarter than their marketing team. :fp:

Watching a few videos on Anno 2070, it looks something interesting - a trifecta of city building, time-sentive quests, and something else mentioned in the review I watched but have since forgotten :lol: (the downside being this also requires server connection to login and play)