We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed: Rivals {DT} - Drive Fast. Crash Hard. Beat the Police. Repeat.

Soundwave

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wired: I’ve heard that if your Xbox One does not connect with Xbox Live at least once a day, the machine becomes inoperable and you’re not able to play any of the games that you’ve paid for. Is that true?

Harrison: I don’t think that’s what was said. Let me try and clarify what is happening. So, there is a lot of anxiety about “what if my Internet connection goes down” and you don’t have connectivity for a period of time. There are a host of features which will be usable without an Internet connection — watching movies, playing certain single player games… all of which will operate offline. We expect most of the more advanced experiences, like online multiplayer games, or games which have a lot of connected features… those games won’t operate if you don’t have an Internet connection. We designed the system to take advantage of a connection to the cloud, and all that that means. But no, it’s not required that you are connected all the time, every second of every day.

^ This is what I'm referring to. Sounds like there will be certain basic single player games just like today's stuff (just like TDU), but the new gen stuff may blur the lines between SP and MP even more, and some games may not have a separate SP (offline) mode

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The human eye barely tells the difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS, and before you start bashing me, I know what you're talking about, 30 FPS does seem to be significantly less smooth than 60 FPS, but it's because of the constant fluctuation, if the game would be running with 30 FPS with NO dips in performance it wouldn't be annoying for the gamer.

@Ryzza5: The physics still look Criterion-ish, but they didn't include so much 300km/h drifting, the cars now seem to be...well, cars, not boats.

The game looks very promising, hopefully it'll have nice cars, I'm hoping for some low-end cars as well:D.

I believe that PC frame lock is true, I've seen PC Masters going ape over it. :lol: As for the whole 30/60/120fps debate I personally can play any game at whatever frame rate it moves at but I will notice extreme slowdown BUT it does not completely annoy me or make me think I am watching a slideshow or anything.

I believe that PC frame lock is true, I've seen PC Masters going ape over it. :lol: As for the whole 30/60/120fps debate I personally can play any game at whatever frame rate it moves at but I will notice extreme slowdown BUT it does not completely annoy me or make me think I am watching a slideshow or anything.

Exactly! It's the stutters that annoy me. As an FSX user I'm (sadly) used to them in certain situations...