We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew {DT} - Ivory Tower & Ubisoft Reflections do a Racer where you go Cruisin' USA!

Eudemon

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The starting loading time of the game has been reduced by a lot.
Liking the sound of this already, hopefully the closing time has been reduced as well, I swear the game makes my PC lag for minutes after I've closed it.

Eager to try out the new patch now, though will be a few weeks before I will be able to.

I'm not a fan of the physics changes, I think. I'm not entirely sure whether it was the patch or upgrades that changed how my 370Z drove but either way I don't like it anymore :lol: I did just buy the M5 and I love it. Awesome for cruising, and it hits 190+mph... which probably isn't accurate. :hmmm:

The weakest part of the game for me isn't the physics, because at the end of the day it's an arcade game and we should accept that, however certain cars need work I think. For me the weakest part is the sounds. They're just wrong, and I think that's why they're conveniently so low in the game, no matter what you change in the settings.

When I bought my GTX 970 about a month or so ago, I got the option of one of three free games. I haven't picked one yet.

The choices were The Crew, Far Cry 4 and some Assassin's Creed game. From what I've seen, they're all complete dross. Is The Crew worth it for free? I'm really not feeling it from the feedback in this thread, especially about the physics. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a driving game with bad physics.

When I bought my GTX 970 about a month or so ago, I got the option of one of three free games. I haven't picked one yet.

The choices were The Crew, Far Cry 4 and some Assassin's Creed game. From what I've seen, they're all complete dross. Is The Crew worth it for free? I'm really not feeling it from the feedback in this thread, especially about the physics. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a driving game with bad physics.

even if you like arcade physics you'll hate the crew. It's like nothing I've ever seen. Pure identity crisis. Oh and you'll probably have to spend more money in order to get a descent car list.

even if you like arcade physics you'll hate the crew. It's like nothing I've ever seen. Pure identity crisis. Oh and you'll probably have to spend more money in order to get a descent car list.

It's true, there is a serious identity crisis :lol: It's like they borrowed the writers from Watch Dogs and he forgot it was supposed to be a car game. The car list is a bit crap, 40-something cars without DLCs is taking the letter P a wee bit. However physics wise it depends on the car, some cars I love driving in, it's a bit floaty like TDU's HC mode but more grippy... it's "cruise-able" IMO, it's just that there are a few which have some stupid issues.

The map is immense, and it's really worth buying the game just to experience it, the one thing it's lacking is the typical hang-out spots like TDU had. There's no lighthouses with car parks, or "drag strip" in the capitol, and that's one of the reasons why TDU still has that community feel that TC lacks.

The handling just feels numb. I hopped into the game after some months last night, tried out the new Aston Zagato V12, and was approaching hairpin turns contemplating keeping the accelerator all the way down. I eventually hit the options menu to check if it had reverted into a driver aids mode, but alas it said I was in Hardcore mode.

That said, we'll get it out of the way for next Saturday's td SMP session.

The handling just feels numb. I hopped into the game after some months last night, tried out the new Aston Zagato V12, and was approaching hairpin turns contemplating keeping the accelerator all the way down. I eventually hit the options menu to check if it had reverted into a driver aids mode, but alas it said I was in Hardcore mode.

That said, we'll get it out of the way for next Saturday's td SMP session.

Well not only the physics engine and the force feedback have a lot of problems, there is actually considerable amount of input lag

I'm guessing that I'm in the minority then as I personally love The Crew. To be clear, I'm not saying it's perfect. The handling is indeed... questionable and the car list is small (Just earlier I bought last car I needed. I now own all the cars and am missing only a few specs of those cars (Yes, I do play the game way more that is logical, before you ask (Yes, I just put a second now third bracket in brackets))) but I personally can't help but love The Crew. The map is well, bafflingly huge, and it has a customisation that I have been longing for since about 2005 (Specifically NFS UG2 and Most Wanted 05). Sure, not all the cars have super in-depth customisation and it's not quite as in-depth as the old NFS', but it is still amazing. And I don't even have any friends to play with (Excluding those odd once-in-a-blue-moon players. Hint hint to any XBone players :wait:) Just thinking of the possibilities when being sociable on a game that is best when played sociably...:omg: So many doors could open...

Some advice I would give to new players would simply be:

1) Go into the game with low standards. Remember people, Hype kills.

2) Persevere with the handling. It's not great you can adjust to it so just stick with it guys, you can do it!

I think that's everything I wanted to cover... uhh, yeah.

About 4/5 years since my last post (I think at least...), How's everyone?

• 2 months later...