We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Geneva 2014.

calster17

So it's that time of year again guys & girls!

Sure alot of it has been leaked or shown before today, but it's today that alot of the technical & mechanical stuff gets let out to go along with the pictures!

So being simple, whats your highlights? What's surprised you...and if there is any, your biggest letdown?

Highlights:

New Twingo for me.

[ATTACH]19968[/ATTACH]

Why? Rear engined RWD in a small car. top engine is the 900cc TCe from the Clio, sporting 89hp & 100lb ft torques, coupled to a 5 speed manual transmission. Should be a fair car to hoon around! Need to see what the sport/Gordini model offers up (Personally, expecting upwords of 100Hp minimum, but sadly the RS wont be coming back), but this car is firmly on my radar for next year!

Info: Autocar & Evo.

Also a shoutout to the Jeep Renegade, which looks like it can do what the Suzuki jimny has done for years!(A Small car with real off-road capabilitys) and Honda for getting more of the new Civic Type-R out there!

letdown?

Well not really a let down, more a case of "Gee another one? I though they stopped making them already " for the Bugatti Veyron Legend.

So whats your up's & downs? :cool:

At first i was like What? Twingo a highlight? Then i read the rest and im like Dayyyyum! Renault 5 Turbo anyone?

On the Fukatti Geyron yes they should stop making these or at least change something other than Colors, wheels and name

Theres a new Agera One with 1,360 hp :shocked: but i think its kinda ugly heres an exterior walk around

The front splitter and those canards look bad and that wing what were they thinking??

The 'new' Audi TT is literally the most bland and uninteresting car ever produced, serious dislike for that car, Audi designers need to be sacked.

http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/GLOB/crop/949x638+304+100/resize/628x417!/format/jpg/quality/85/http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/adam/c844c41c41828d73a9fc5e5fa9de8f74/2015-audi-tt-00-1.jpg

I hope the picture above didn't cause you to yawn too much.

Thanks Mike, you just made me lose an hour of my day.

It's not just Audi making less than exciting looking cars.

Lambo have also toned it down. :( The Huracanan has an awesome rear but the front just isn't Bananas enough

The Huracan is simply wonderful. As is the 4C Spider :drool:

Alfa-Romeo-4C-Spider-2-600x377.jpg

I do agree with you over the TT, it's underwhelming to say the least, although the interior is quite nice. The McLaren 650S spider is pretty nice, and the Koenigsegg One:1 is a bit ott for my liking, although the rear wing is cool.

Think again camel... Audi owns Lambo... Btw, I think Huracán it's like a downsized Aventador I like it!

Have you seen the Abarth 500 695 Biposto... Damn it's good!

I know they're owned by VAG but surely they don't have the same designers do they.

Haven't read almost anything about the Geneva Show, but these are the cars that got me interested so far:

S-class Coupe <3

S 600 Sedan - because V12 Biturbo

Leon Cupra - 7:58!!! :eek:, favourite hot hatch now

Volvo Concept Estate - super lovely wagon

TT quattro sport concept - say what you want, but I really like the new TT

Jaguar XE - looks very promising

Jaguar XF-RS Estate - :rockon:

K'segg One:1 - interesting machine, definitely want to read more about it

Alfa 4C Spider - :drool: and it's got finally better headlights

...and those Mercedes "me" and Apple CarPlay things as well.

Did I really read a handful of comments on here bashing German car design? And it was't me saying this? :eek2: :lol:

Anyway joking aside and back ontopic.

Anyone seeing the Maserati Alfieri and thinking "that'll be the GranTurismo's replacement" or is that just me?

And as Merc said, the S-Class coupe looks a good-un! Looks better than the S-Class Saloon! :drool: