We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Thread - Messi am disapoint; Germany are the World Cup Champions!

Eudemon

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Arg v Iran game was extremely enjoyable and Iran fought hard right up until that little bit of brilliance from Messi near the end finally finished them off. Was very surprised by how they played and like many expected Argentina to comfortably win that one.

This World Cup is one for surprises and great matches!

Yeah, Iran played one hell of a match. But I have to admit that I was pretty nervous all the way through it, and our team didn't played as expected. I could see that Iran had almost all of their 11 players on their side of the field, but in the second half they had 3 or 4 on our side. Romero, our goalie saved us of many clear opportunities for them! Luckily we have Messi, that after playing a not very good match, he showed why he's the best player in the world sending the ball to the bottom of the net in an spectacular way!

And great for Ghana, getting a draw with germany was great bussiness. I didn't see the match though :hmmm:

This WC is awesome... Unfortunately some games are ruined by refs and some teams (my Bosnia) are dumped in group stage because of refs.

Everything else is amazing and we can see that some smaller countries plays great football!

Say what you will but there's no denying that our guys showed more heart than just about every other team out there.
Your keeper showed heart the whole way through, the others were quite terrible and only really peaked up in Extra Time. You need players who want to play with that ET passion in the original 90mins.

What's good though is that this campaign should ignite some fire in the USA about football and we should see you guys better those needed positions with youngsters for the future. If it's only about the "winning" then it will probably remain stagnant.

Your keeper showed heart the whole way through, the others were quite terrible and only really peaked up in Extra Time. You need players who want to play with that ET passion in the original 90mins.

What's good though is that this campaign should ignite some fire in the USA about football and we should see you guys better those needed positions with youngsters for the future. If it's only about the "winning" then it will probably remain stagnant.

Our defense was pretty bad the whole World Cup. That's something we need to find a way to fix if we are to be competitive in the future. We also need guys that can hold possession better. But I think this has laid the groundwork down for our future as a football nation

Diablo, I agree with you. US had decent defense and a great goalie. If we had some other Tom-lalalala-Harry as our keeper, the score of that match would have been 10-0 Belgium. Every US match, he was the team's savior.

The problem with the US is the offense. I remember one of the commentators saying in the first half, Belgium had 10 shots at goal, US only had 3. For some reason it seems that they think they can defend for 120 minutes. No! Can't have the back half of the field doing all the work. US offense was slow and their formation sucked too, whenever Beasley or Yidlin was going to feed a ball into the goal area, where were the other offenders? Too far back.

Yes I was gutted we didn't win, but I was expecting it. Heck, if we won this match we would have anyways lost the next one. Frankly I'm impressed they made it this far.

Yes I was gutted we didn't win, but I was expecting it. Heck, if we won this match we would have anyways lost the next one. Frankly I'm impressed they made it this far.
As a Scotland fan I know this all too well, expect to lose, shocked when win. Welcome to the beautiful game!