We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Eudemon

[headline]Project CARS delayed until March 2015[/headline]

On the official WMD forums yesterday a post was made to inform the backers and its community that the game will be delayed until March 2015 with a press release going out the following day. Unfortunately as is the nature of the internet and the need to be first someone leaked this, not long after the main gaming media got a sniff and ran with the story based on a screengrab of the post by 'Development Director' Andy Garton detailing this news. Now though it's official and the proper release has gone out of which you can see below.

Going up against the behemoth of GTA V was bad enough but then you throw in the many other big name releases coming out in November and you can see why this decision has been made. Not forgetting that more time and polish spent on the game can only be a good thing and result in the delivery of an even more immense final product! :cool:

[subhead]Project CARS delayed PR Release[/subhead]

PROJECT CARS RE-SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 2015

Slightly Mad Studios and BANDAI NAMCO Games Europe S.A.S today announced they will be moving the release of Project CARS for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC to March 17th 2015 in the US and March 20th 2015 in Europe. The move positions the title away from the competitive holiday scene dominated by household names whilst also affords the team at Slightly Mad Studios additional time to extend and polish their ground-breaking and accomplished next-gen racing experience that’s been created alongside a community of over 85,000 racing fans and real-life professional drivers.

“Our goal has always been to deliver a landmark title that encompasses the wishes and desires of racing fans from all around the world; something with features and content powered by the community that provide a truly unforgettable and pioneering experience” said Ian Bell, Head of Studio at SMS. “Whilst a tough decision to make, the change in release date allows the game the greatest chance of success and visibility, and the opportunity to polish the game even further to the high standards that both ourselves and our community demand and expect. We’re eager for you all to see what we’ve been working on in just a few months.”

Project CARS aims to deliver the most authentic, beautiful, intense, and technically-advanced racing game on the planet. Crowd-funded by a passionate community that has been involved in the development process from day-one to create their ultimate racing experience, Project CARS includes the largest track roster of any recent racing game, a huge variety of motorsports to play, a freeform and authentic career mode, world-class graphics and handling, dynamic time of day & weather, and a suite of community features and connectivity that leave the competition behind in the dust.

So why did they bother with telling people they were going to release it in November if it is well known that Autumn is usually the season for gaming industry?
Didn't you just answer your own question? Also wasn't GTA V's release date unknown at the point SMS announced PC for November?

Why does it matter? There's no other track racing games (other than AC I guess kinda) coming out in November afaik... I could understand if it was up against FM6 or something but it makes no sense to me...

I guess they just couldn't get it finished in time in reality

If you look around youtube you can see many different configs playing this game and well at that too. Extra optimisation is certainly a good thing as is polish but to me I just think they are doing the wise thing in moving it away from the monster that is GTA V. Then there are also more popular console exclusive titles that would probably overshadow the games' launch. I am surprised and a bit sad to see that The Crew and this game won't be hot-swapping between the players platform of choice this winter though.

Diablo

Youtube have no sense here. I talk with my friend and he said that optimisation is a big problem for this game.

CPU:i7-3820 3.6 GHz

MoBo:Asus P9X79 Pro

GPU:GTX770 (SC, 4GB)

RAM:2X 4 GB-1866MHz

HDD:2 TB 7200pm 64mb

PSU:700W, Gold (FSP)

This is not bad config at all.

I just think they are doing the wise thing in moving it away from the monster that is GTA V

I don't think they fighting with GTA V. I agree with T1M opinion.

I guess they just couldn't get it finished in time in reality

Also maybe SMS think to start working on this ? Inside Project CARS Seta Tire Model

Yes the delay stung a little bit when I found out about it due to telling friends and colleagues to look out for it in November, but it's easy to tell that it's the right choice to make given the numerous gaming choices even in just the driving/racing field. I won't be going into details here, but the delay is potentially VERY good news for turboduck. You might find out more about this in a week or two.

Regarding performance and optimisation, please keep in mind that while the Griff is working on improving performance (already doing a great job), other devs such as the weather/effects team are still adding features and experimenting which can play against that in some builds.

Also keep in mind that the 'Ultra' mode in pCARS is purposefully beyond what a lot of gaming PCs can handle, so don't panic if you have to turn things like Detailed Grass off to gain FPS, it'll still look as good as other modern racing games. If you play a 5 year old game now, it looks 5 years old... but if you play pCARS in a few years time it'll keep looking better and better, which I think is a great way to make PC games.

Ryzza5

If you play a 5 year old game now, it looks 5 years old... but if you play pCARS in a few years time it'll keep looking better and better, which I think is a great way to make PC games.

No. GTA IV is 2008 year game, but still looks better than this.

4a533b3cb9a2.jpg

0376ceb33716.jpg

Well gta and project cars are completely different games those models aren't even necessary in a car game where they are needed in gta for obvious reasons, same applies for the little things you pointed out like the stump of the tree which won't be seen when racing or even on the track in that case

hassan1995

Probably you are right, but anyway it's not cool and looks weird. Also 2015 is close and this trees is outdated. low poly 3d people will look very good than this textures... This Is just my opinion.

I don't quite understand what you are getting at.

You complained that the game isn't well optimised/doesn't perform very well yet you also complain about the use of low quality spectators and 2D trees. :hmmm:

I'm not sure about other people but I don't play racing games to stop and look at trees or people. :mhmm:

I don't quite understand what you are getting at.

You complained that the game isn't well optimised/doesn't perform very well yet you also complain about the use of low quality spectators and 2D trees. :hmmm:

I'm not sure about other people but I don't play racing games to stop and look at trees or people. :mhmm:

This summarizes my thoughts pretty well. I don't know what your 'friend' is telling you about the game but you're already hating a game that A) you don't seem to own and B) is 5-ish months away from release. Compare a 2008 racing simulator to a 2015 racing simulator and the comparison could be reasonable, comparing the environments of an open world game against a racing sim's environments is just ridicculous. I don't play racing sims to look at trees or people either.

The only person I know who could be playing racing sims to look at the trees is Diabs :hmmm: