We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Just Cause 3 Announced

Camel

[headline]Square Enix Announces Just Cause 3![/headline]

dxar5kfrmswtvmet3msb.jpg

It’s been more than four long years since Swedish developer Avalanche Studios released the outrageous open-world game Just Cause 2. Players gravitated to gunfights atop moving vehicles, the versatile parachute, and the innovative tether that could link nearly any two objects, humans, or a combination of the two. The 400-square-mile world provided the ideal backdrop for players to go nuts, with many players hitting the 100-hour mark to earn 100-percent completion or to simply goof around with the wild physics. The mod and YouTube community kept interest in the game alive for years after launch and eventually pushed sales to more than six million units.

In 2015, the beloved series returns with Just Cause 3 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. We got the chance to be the first people outside of the studio to play not just 10 or 20 minutes, but several hours of the game, set in a fictional Mediterranean archipelago. The time flew by as we tried out the vastly improved parachute and grapple mechanics, terrorized the latest dictator’s well-defended bases, and soared through the sky with the all-new wingsuit. Just Cause has never played this smoothly, and as you’ll see in the cover story launching digitally today, it’s never looked this good.

Saucy

Head = Blown.

I was just thinking about the possibility of a new Just Cause game a couple of weeks ago and now it's happening. The sheer lunacy of these games is what makes them so entertaining. I hope that you can still tether 2 jumbo jets together with an unbreakable tether. :lol:

I have only ever played the demos of this series and even though I liked the scale and the madness of what you could do it just never grabbed and pulled me in. Am I missing out?

You are indeed missing out.

The missions got quite repetitive and boring after a short while and there was no online. But just running around blowing everything up was fun and kept me going back.

Avalanche Studios announced Just Cause 3 today, marking the third entry in the open-world series based around extravagant stunts and 80s action movie moments. An array of new details regarding the game's open world, story and more have been revealed.

Just Cause 3 is set in the Mediterranean, but its locale is just one deviation from its numbered predecessor. Although the new map is about the same size as Just Cause 2's in terms of area, Avalanche's "volumetric terrain" adds more verticality to the new world –– players can not only descend into subterranean caverns, but climb towering structures that change up the relatively flat experience of Just Cause 2, according to the most recent issue of Game Informer Magazine.

"Just Cause shines when you get the player to be comfortable being in the air," director Roland Lesterlin told Game Informer. "We spent a lot of time talking about what it is that encourages a player to be vertical, to be creative."

Despite a Just Cause 2 mod that added multiplayer to the entry, Avalanche is opting for another single-player only experience with the new installment. The developer didn't rule out a multiplayer mode completely, but said its focus is in the single-player sandbox right now.

Avalanche also stressed that Just Cause 3 is "not free to play –– it's a full price title," according to Game Informer. Although no specific release date is known, the game will release in 2015 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Saucy