We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My thinking about DLCs

A.C.I.D

I think the game is good, I enjoy driving around with cockpit camera, but minutes ago I saw here the car list, and I am in shock cause how the game companies left aside passion for wanting to make more money with a same product, the reality is that the whole game cost to you 100 or more dollars at the end, yes cause they make the proyect and reserved for example cars that later make in exclusive DLC. many people hate dlcs some others say that is good if you like too much a game, I say NO, people who work or people who value the money or have responsabilities, know that you should not spend almost 100 or more dollars in a software that is for pleasure and it will be usefull and enjoyable for a short time in your life, and the worst part, If they sell DLC they must to sell stuff that not affect the game base, for example; the game contains the SRT Viper but a DLC brings to you the same SRT Viper but with chrome parts, special stickers, improved tuning, etc. So you can get the car with the original game and if you want, a little different your Viper, well you spend the cost of dlc, NO!, they make you suffering making you wishing much the car to sell you the pack, totally unfair and tricky, corporate misbehavior. This is only my thinking, I respect contrary opinions but I think I have solid arguments.

I agree, I hate the fact that it has become acceptable to pay full price for half a game and then pay more for the rest. But it's pretty much a cartel out there between greedy publishers. You have limited alternatives. Ubisoft by far has overtaken all the crap publishers EA, Activision etc. At least they don't brag about their broken releases.

Yes you`re right, I am looking the promo video of DLC with the ferrari and the Mclaren, I want those cars, but I must pay 25 dollars to get them, why I can`t get them in normal game, and I should win points to buy them in game, this a very wrong. And you wrote the true, half game for FULL PRICE! and then the other half cost you more, now the flag for these companies is PUBLISH A GOOD GAME to get more MONEY that the real price it is supposed to be, Imagine that me, that I am an old guy over 30 I am tempted to give my hard earned money, just cause I want to drive that Ferrari in game, Imagine now thousands of kids with parents money desperately asking to buy it, Believe me, before the world was less ambitious for money, game developers and publishers of games they did by passion, now no more.

The fact that we knew so many cars were coming to the game before its release - not to mention that the cars look to be ready - whereas specs that we should have had are not, is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth. The lack of cars is something that gets mentioned as a big negative to this game and whoever decided that McLaren should be gotten through DLC only needs a punch to the back of the head.

oxCAEud.gif

The fact that we knew so many cars were coming to the game before its release - not to mention that the cars look to be ready - whereas specs that we should have had are not, is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth. The lack of cars is something that gets mentioned as a big negative to this game and whoever decided that McLaren should be gotten through DLC only needs a punch to the back of the head.

Yes, I saw in the post about car list people mentioning that they want this or that car, so many people want their beloved car in game, for example I enjoyed the mitsubishi lancer and evo, toyota supra, eclipse, and many more in games I played before like NFS and many cars are missing in this game, but you know that all this it is because they do not publish the entire project at once, cut it into pieces to sell, but anyway I love spend time just with one car, and make it familiar to me, I keep using the camaro that you pick up in the start of the game, and I am happy with it, I am enjoying the game in each little part, greetings.

Sorry but I got tired of this moaning about DLC's.

Back in my Day you had games... and if the games where successful there where things called Expension Packs (addon cds, you could buy to expand your game). Now in the era of digital content, you no longer buy a CD but buy the content for a download.

I guess yes by now a triple A title plans its expension sets ahead of time. And that here also the case. But what up with all this moaning. You not need to buy a hunder $ to get the complet game. No sorry that wrong way of seeing it. You have the complet game rigth now... and those coming dlc car packs are optional expensions, that you can buy if you want to, if you dont you dont have too.

Plus consider, the longer the devs get money the more possible it is that they develop a bit after release.

Its all about money in the end and if something makes no cash it ends or is closed down...

And I'm sure all of you like to get those free DLC things that are planed... You should be happy that there pay content and people paying for it, because they finace the thing you currently enjoying...

Now i guess i gain alot of hate as on this forum are alot of kids that want to have ALL the DLCS for free. but in my eyes that not how it should work. >.>

C'mon reils, the only "old" game I remember about having exp. packs is "The Sims". In that kind of game I think it's okay, after all, you play against yourself (kinda) and after all you just get a bunch of TVs, fridges and clothes for your "Virtual yourself". But, as far as I can see in this game if, for example, I have the Viper and the base game I'll have a slower car than the person who paid for the better performance pack. For example, in BF4 you can choose to pay for unlocks that anyway, you would get doing the different objectives that the game has. Those who pay just get it before that those who don't... I'm not against DLCs but the abuse of them annoys me and I think it's the path that some developers are taking...

No sorry that wrong way of seeing it. You have the complet game rigth now... and those coming dlc car packs are optional expensions, that you can buy if you want to
You really believe that? There's been so many instances where people have caught footage shown early of stuff that's obviously been removed and also random walls in games that seems to just not fit but then a DLC release fills it in, as if you know it was there but was then removed and just closed off to be sold off later. (Destiny is suffering this RIGHT NOW)

And I'm sure all of you like to get those free DLC things that are planed... You should be happy that there pay content and people paying for it, because they finace the thing you currently enjoying...
So you are happy with the car list of this game and that most of the DLC we've seen that is to come would not have made more sense being in the game itself? It's like I keep not understanding - surely selling another 1 million+ copies on release day is better than 100,000 (if you're lucky) DLC slice sales for a few months?

Now i guess i gain alot of hate as on this forum are alot of kids that want to have ALL the DLCS for free. but in my eyes that not how it should work. >.>
The irony of this is too good, kids these days have grown up with DLC being the norm, the main complainants are people like your age who do not like this cut out good content just to sell it later that has encroached on games these past 10+ years. There's a reason this image exists.

bWaw0zA.jpg

Still if you add it all up that's a bargain price for the Mona Lisa :p

I'm on board with you all but I'm willing to make an exception for this game since we've been waiting for it for so long and want to see it continually developed, rather than have to wait another 5+ years for the sequel.

Also don't forget the base game is how many times larger than the complete base games released 15 years ago? Back then you could get a Need for Speed game with 8 tracks and ~40 cars and all you had to do was win a tournament and survive an elimination round to unlock some fantasy bonus cars, and you'd have clocked the game within 2 hours. We've got 20 hours out of just the story from the reduced base game of The Crew, then there's all the faction and PvP stuff, all the Platinum medals and Award Points to collect, all the cruising to do...

I don't think anyone is saying anything about the challenges and such, they are plentiful as you say. It's the [lacking] number of cars that people mention often and when you take into account some of the licenses the game has it seems crazy to have so little. I mean who thought 'we have BMW let's get the Z4' as one of the cars for the game when you could have had, well something else. :lol:

Well, that Diablo put up there, example using The Mona Lisa, is my feeling too, In the past days you played complete game with the cool finish, then the expansions packs did not affected the original game. The olders guys are the upset with this DLCs thing, I am older than 30 and I knew very well the games in that age, If they want more money sell me a new game with new features.

My conclusions;

They sell game in pieces, the content you should have in game they sell apart, wrong use of the term exclusive content (this is classist).

Finally we should remember that moaning or complaining is the way the world has gotten more.