We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

BBC Top Gear [It's back!]

Andreas¹

BBC doesn't know what black humor is ? Yes sometimes it's not funny to laugh about things who's horrible, but common... In France, there are several humorist who makes silly jokes on public tele ( France Televisions ) at 6 PM. Since his carrear started (Jérmy Ferrari), he never had any problem.

I'm not supporting all the silly jokes Clarkson made but I can easily understand it's not serious.

I Hope the series is gonna restart soon with Clarkson onboard. Chris Harris, Harry Metcalfe, Henry Catchpole and Steve Sutcliffe are completely welcome to me :)

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap :panic:

And just this morning I read this: Why is Jeremy Clarkson so determined to be the nation's biggest oaf? - Telegraph saying "Something is muttered about a final warning. Columns are written. Six months down the line the cycle repeats itself." It seems the cycle has been broken.

I hope it'll come back soon but at the same time I agree with Tim, I don't see them taking TG off air for too long. I really hope they won't replace Clarkson. I know they'd get someone in the same spirit but I don't want it to come to that.

And what does the word fracas even mean?

The blind support for Clarkson is quite something.

Yah like I just said in the CB, we're not even sure what he's been suspended for. He might deserve it.

And Merc, we're a car forum you can't realistically expect people not to want to talk a lot about the biggest car show being in jeopardy.

The blind support for Clarkson is quite something.

Any dis-support for him is also quite blind to be honest. As has been said we don't know what happened but we know he's been on his final warning for quite a while so perhaps it's not necessarily something big that finally pushed the BBC over the edge. Innocent until proven guilty, etc etc.

I don't think he would deserve it if it was one more of his jokes, although, i can understand why.

Jeremy has a line of joke with things that once was ok, but today, with this politically-correct posture, his jokes are not really appropriated for TV, as it may offend people. Which also adds to the fact that people get offended way too easily aswell. So, you get the figure... a snow-ball going downhill. And i really disagree when people say that Top Gear is not Top Gear without Jeremy... i think the show is more than just him.

Him being replaced could also result in a new form of Top Gear, which can be better... since people always complain about it being the same, over and over, about it being scripted and all that... maybe it's a time for a change?

Any dis-support for him is also quite blind to be honest.
I'm not saying he should be thrown out or anything either, my blind comment was more along the people who think the BBC would be crazy to get rid of him or that Top Gear is nothing without him, therefore in a way he's allowed to push the boundaries further in their eyes.

If anything happens, it'll either be Jeremy makes public apology and returns to TG or TG ends. Highly doubt they'll replace him or go on without him. I wouldn't worry though, Sky, Netflix, ITV, Five, etc. would all probably be interested in a show with him. At the end of the day I think this is right, and the quality of Jeremy as a host and the show has gone down simultaneously over the past few years.

Ah well, between Chris Harris and Fifth Gear I'm happy enough really. I just wish the show would have gone/will go out on a high note.