We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 2015

CarMadMike

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was amazing for the first few minutes with actual overtakes and action on the track, then it was just driving in queue until the rain came. Pit stops, a slight change of positions there and cue the queue. Of course the racing was great yadda yadda but it's no fun when it happens for positions 8 and 9, you can predict the winner with odds being at least 50%

After the excitement of the BTCC last week I was going into this race with not much anticipation, but from the off that changed, as the WIlliams' got a hell of a start and Hamilton proving his worth as a racer fighting to keep Bottas behind and the little back and forth between them in swapping positions. It was hard to see the Williams faltering as the race we need new winners instead of the usual to liven up the action. The small part with the rain did raise some expectation of things changing but in the end it didn't really change much, however that was more in line with Hamilton making as DC called it an 'inspired' choice to make the change to Inters when he did. Was a shame to see the Ferrari come through in 3rd as it did feel like Massa really deserved that podium. Despite this though it was a good and enjoyable race and it was especially nice to see Lewis play to the crowd and show his appreciation for their support with the almost-doughnut.

• 3 weeks later...

Massive crash for Perez in P1. Rear suspension collapsed coming out of a corner sending hm into the wall at full speed. And as if that wasn't enough, one of the front wheels dug in and flipped his car.

Not a scratch on him, which is a testament to the overall safety of these cars.

Finally, I've managed to watch one of the best F1 races this season and it's none other than, the Hungarian GP. And to make things much better for me, Sebastian Vettel's Ferrari won the race. That's his first win in Hungaroring and his second in his first stay at Ferrari. Congrats to Red Bull Racing's Daniil Kvyat at Daniel Ricciardo for making it to the podium.

What a brilliant race. Not the result that I had hoped for but that doesn't take away from the race.

Is there anything that can wipe the smile off of Ricciardos face? He dropped his trophy and badly damaged it but still has a massive grin. :lol:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

McLaren getting more penalties at Monza this weekend for engine changes. I swear both drivers took 2 sets of penalties each at Spa so that they wouldn't have an penalties here. :shrug:

Mercedes have also used up all of their engine tokens ready for Monza which should be promising for them as the cars spend about 70% of the time at full throttle here. Wonder if this has a noticeable impact on their gap to the Ferraris and Williams.

Dare I say it but I reckon Hamilton will win again. He's good at driving in a straight line and is exceptionally good on the brakes for slow corners so that pretty much sums up the race. :lol:

Also Hamilton is now blonde. :rofl:

Well that might have been a fairly uneventful and boring race, but boy, what a performance by Hamilton. So much so that he's even had praise for other top drivers and teams. Pulling out a second a lap over the rest of the field in the last 5 or so laps. Just shows the true performance of the Merc when it's being given the beans.

Unlucky for Rosberg though with a blown engine just laps from the 3rd or possibly 2nd place finish.

Quali should be interesting today. Merc have been off the pace in the practice sessions with them being slower than Red Bull and Ferrari on single lap pace and also on the longer runs.

Are they sand bagging or does this circuit really not suit this years car?

For me, it's between Vettel and Ricciardo for Pole.

• 2 weeks later...

Decent-ish race, not amazing but not one of the worst of the season either. Good to see #blessed but rosberg in his place a bit, but fair play to rosberg as he wasn't feeling good at all sunday morning so it's still a good result for him all things considered.

Not a good race for the Red Bulls at all, which is awful timing as they must be hoping to put on the best display possible to attract investors and make the FIA realise F1 needs Red Bull.

Ron Dennis has come out and said that Button has a contract for 2016, though we've not heard anything from Button on this subject so i'm unsure, it wouldn't be the first time Ron's blabbed crap to the media.

Alonso though.... is he trying to get himself fired/get out of his contract? He was shouting how embarrassing the car was when he was being overtaken during the race, then later on he starts shouting 'GP2 ENGINE?!' followed by a 'ARGH!?!!!?' :lol: Not a happy spaniard at all.