We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Lambo's 100th birthday is coming up and they're celebrating it with a reventon-esque crazy edition lambo (based on the Aventador I think).

The patent drawings of the car were revealed:

dfg2uyuxnztf2qnr2w7u.jpg

The german auto site autobild made a render of it:

jtqpgwww8qnqwmfaolie.jpg

Obviously this is an external (very well done) render, and not the final product supposedly, it's got a very Ford GT look about the rear half, but it just isn't working for me? It looks squashed haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Porsche in shock move with regards 911-R production & Prices...

Porsche911R_April_005-L.jpg

Porsche have said this suprise move has came about because...

"After reading the feedback we realised, however, what people really want is a noisy, unrefined, high-revving 911 that is really quite difficult to drive in traffic but will also scare the hell out of you if you try to drive it fast on a track,"

"But given the fuss over the 911 R we are convinced we can easily exceed these numbers by streamlining the product range to just this model and appealing solely to our traditionalist market."

Full story here.

And I'd check your calendar as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot what you just had for dinner? Or earlier this morning as breakfast? Let the Italians help you. You know, those people who are the complete true masters of design and everything they make is instant gold. The Picchio 4C. And no, that's not a Vespa competitor, they don't come with 600 hp or a pricetag of almost 300.000 euros:

alfa-romeo-4c-picchio-1.jpg

Also comes with a double CD/DVD storage facility on the front corners.

12912354_685122234923966_1900938553_n.jpg

Source: Autobahn.eu and other websites

I don't have that massive an issue with that 4C tbh CLR, yes, it's not very pretty but it isn't a road car, if it's completely functional then I guess it can be forgiven? If they're hoping to sell hundreds to privateer racers then yeah maybe they'd better sort their design department out, but for a small number functional race car, it's not thaaaat bad.

It seems the list of criteria to buy the half a million Ford GT has been published. The more you can answer/proof ''yes'' to the following points, the more likely you are to get on the list of GT buyers:

- I am/was owner of a Ford GT.

- I/my company support(s) charity connected to Ford.

- I am owner of a Ford vehicle.

- I am a collector.

- I/my company use(s) Ford vehicles for business-related activities.

- I consider myself somebody who has an influence on public opinions.

- I/my company am/is a supplier to Ford Motor Company.

- I am a motorsport enthusiast.

- I/my company am/is a strategic partner of Ford Motor Company.

And if you happen to be busy anyway:

- Mention a Ford Fleet number if you have one

- Mention your function within your company

- Tell what your car collection consists of, what its estimated total value is, and what the 3 best cars and best Ford/Lincoln are in your collection.

You thought I was done, didn't you?

- Shortly describe the kinds of media you use.

- Give weblinks to your public platforms, such as social media, online profiles, blogs and publications.

- Shortly describe the demographic characteristics of your audience, such as age, income, location, education and interests.

Flaming hot hot superbonus x2 multiplier: mention what your role in motorsport is and what your personal best achievement was in motorsport. Spin the bonus reels by mentioning your motorsport license.

Last but not least, you have to be able to receive your GT in one of the following countries:

Schermafbeelding-2016-04-13-om-13.28.40.png

Source: Autovisie.nl

Ofcourse you could also just wait for one to pop up at Auto Salon Singen with just 12 miles on the clock and avoid all of above :D

They have pretty much said that they don't want to sell the cars to collectors that will just leave it sitting in their garage collecting dust, and they don't want to sell to people that will flip them, they want the owners to drive them.

They want people that will post hundreds of photos of the GT on Instagram, too.

Bold strategy; let's see how it pays off. Lots of hype about the vehicle already.

Targeting people with a big social media following is a brilliant idea, it's free marketing for them

Yup.

High-performance, top-of-the-range models are used as manufacturer's lalalala models. Doesn't matter if Audi doesn't sell many RS 6's; more important is that that's what grabs the magazine headlines.

Could you also teach that to AMG's chief? You know, that guy leading a division that started in motorsports and made the CLK-GTR, but who says supercars are useless for a brand because they don't deliver exposure...

Though he has been giving several other excuses as well.

But AMG have recently given us the SLS and GT-S? If that's not enough for you compared to previous years then what do you want from them, hypercars?

Here's the new cayman 718 Cayman:

_dsc0018.jpg?itok=VIC63VPB

_dsc0075.jpg?itok=ilJJDCsV

_dsc0082.jpg?itok=KVGB5M3P

I absolutely love it, those rear haunches are sexy as hell. I'm more of a hardtop kinda guy than a cabrio, so always preferred the cayman to the boxster. Of course, it's no big change from the previous model but I like every small tweak they've made, and the last one was a fantastic drivers car.

But AMG have recently given us the SLS and GT-S? If that's not enough for you compared to previous years then what do you want from them, hypercars?

Ok, maybe for modern times hypercars then. I was aiming at equivalents of what in my eyes the legendary row of XJ220/EB110/959/F40/Diablo were back in their days, or in that same period the C112 which didn't make it due to management error. The SLS and AMG-GT/GTS are not such cars in my opinion, by far not, they're all GT's. Or do you classify a DB9 as a true supercar too? Sportscars yes, supercars nah.

They're just not the true top of the range stuff like Aventadors, the new Ford GT, the Pagani exotic-wind or the 918 and P1 for example. These are cars primarily made to go extremely fast, not to make a practicality that primarily, first and ahead of any other target must make profit and just happens to go fast. They are some sort of prestige projects like the entire Bugatti-brand is today, stuff which is developed simply to show they have the brains to do it and can build something that's very exceptional and in a league of its own.

But alright, it won't happen. I also think they won't be able to pull it off anyways. And maybe they don't need it with the upcoming E63 S 4MATIC already doing claiming 3,5 seconds to 100km/h.

Ok, maybe for modern times hypercars then. I was aiming at equivalents of what in my eyes the legendary row of XJ220/EB110/959/F40/Diablo were back in their days, or in that same period the C112 which didn't make it due to management error. The SLS and AMG-GT/GTS are not such cars in my opinion, by far not, they're all GT's. Or do you classify a DB9 as a true supercar too? Sportscars yes, supercars nah.

They're just not the true top of the range stuff like Aventadors, the new Ford GT, the Pagani exotic-wind or the 918 and P1 for example

I'd class the SLS as a supercar, is it uber expensive, uber impractical and all about making a scene? Yeah, the AMG-GT is more of a 'super sports car' I agree. Then again, the McLaren 570S is only classes as a super sports car and I consider that to be nearer a supercar than the AMG-GT. Kind of hard to know where to draw the line? Speed/Performance stats shouldn't be all that decides this.

Funnily enough, the TTRS has just been announced, and it hits 0-60 in 3.7 seconds, something the fastest supercars were doing only a few years ago.

n1ggjk1w8zflnatdisfg.jpg

u8mlxw8biu4golmyhjra.jpg

images from Jalopnik - Drive Free or Die

The TTRS has 400bhp, 50 more than the Cayman S above, and does 0-60 0.3 seconds quicker, but pass me the keys to the slower Porsche anyday.

Kind of hard to know where to draw the line? Speed/Performance stats shouldn't be all that decides this.

Exclusivity?

Funnily enough, the TTRS has just been announced

The TT is just :drool2: Finally it has the sound to go with the (great) design. Really digging it.

Too bad the new Box/Cay sound like STi's due to the cylinder-less engines.