We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's got pretty much the same shapes as the current Boxster but feels very new. :hmmm: I really like the rear spoiler and the location of the Porsche badging. :nods: I think Porsche are one of the very few, if not the only one, to not fall in the "the only reason to buy X is because you can't afford Y" trap.

Remember that Opel GT concept? HERE IT IS!

As expected, it doesn't have a massive engine and power near that of a Porsche. It has a 1.0-liter 3-cylinder with 145 hp and 205 Nm torque. Despite the weird red highlighting of the front wheels, the car is rear wheel drive and its weight is under 1000 kg. 0-100 km/h is done in under 8 seconds and the top speed is 215 km/h.

2skyseqbvb1n.jpg

d4qyiuhbx7d0.jpg

2q4y97pbra6f.jpg

bkyyogaboe5o.jpg

Cute little concept, I'm willing to give the Opel/Vauxhall bunch a bit of leeway as it's just good to see them coming up with concepts and sporty looking things after a period of awful dull creations.

That 718 is :drool: Absolutely stunning. I agree the radar/camera in the bumper is a bit meh, and the rear diffuser plastic area looks a bit basic (but it has done on the previous model too, just wished it had changed....)

I would get out a spray can and make the diffuser really black. The radar is still a bit of a let down considering it's all across the VAG range, from Skoda/Polo to Boxster and Panamera.

Also just posted on a dutch blog is a picture of what's said to be a DB11 driving on Spanish roads for video captures.

aston-martin-db11_01.jpg

Love those rims from the DB10, great they'll be on a proper production car.

I quite like the look of that from a first glance, I spotted it on Jalopnik about the same time you posted it here :lol:

That rear haunch is rather large. This could either be really beautiful or a huge disappointment.

Spoiler looks a bit like those on the newer Porsche's, extending a bit into the tail lights. Also, when I first saw that picture, I thought it had silver colored roof arches (like what the A1 has)... even though I think Aston Martin won't do that, I can't get that image out of my head xD

EDIT: even more news: Panamera is saying goodbye to its center console button array.

000.jpg

Considering people love the interior of the Panamera and hate the outside, if they've ruined the inside while not really improving the exterior then it'll be a major :fp: It'd still sell though haha.

TBF that doesn't look too bad, they seem to be moving everything to be controllable on the infotainment screen which is fine.

The new S90 is now out on the Volvo configurator which means all the optional blingy things have been revealed as well. Yes I will post my own specced out one in that thread :p but for now I'll say 1) I love the little optional ducktail spoiler and quad exhausts :D and 2) I almost think it looks better with the smaller wheels on it.

volvo-s90-t6-awd-inscription-2017-all-colours.gif

volvo-s90-t5-momentum-2017-all-colours.gif

More scooping: the new Aston's interior. Apart from the massive tablet screen and the seats, I find it hard to say which parts are part of it being a mule and which parts are there to stay, but I can't imagine Aston lovers being happy with this. It's too much Mercedes. A W221 S-Class button panel slapped to the side of the center console, the steeringwheel, the stalks, the current-gen tunnel console button 'dish', the wide display (aka digital gauges...).

b4cyi9cbbyw3.jpg

C-Class Cabrio spotted, will this replace the E-Class Cabrio or will the new E-Class still spawn a Coupe/Cabrio version too?

The C will follow what the E already was and stays, so both get a coupe ánd convertible. Also, they will all get AMG versions as well. AMG admitted about 2 years ago that the lack of an E-Coupe or Cabriolet AMG was a big misjudgement from their side and they're gonna fix it for the upcoming model.

Also, this is said E-Coupe, although I wonder if it's not just waste of bandwidth posting this picture considering it's eh.... quite similar to C/S. I don't like the rear end of it. It looks more like a C-Coupe with its very short trunk if you think away the camouflage padding, so it almost could look like a fastback.

wcf-2017-mercedes-e-class-coupe-screenshot-from-spy-video-2017-mercedes-e-class-coupe-scre.jpg

Someone hold back Calster....... if only he could import one from India :p It's the Renault Kwid, the twingo for India's market, but a race concept :nods:

http://www.topgear.com/sites/default/files/styles/fit_1960x1102/public/images/news-article/carousel/2016/02/e5e71ffe910316ed2bb997927b465f8b/imagesrenault_75216_global_en.jpg?itok=xu0plbry

Pretty cool looking thing.

Not really my cup of that that, looks like a facelifted & tuned Sandero Stepway...

The GTC4Lusso:

ferrari_gtc4lusso_fr_3_4_lr.jpg?itok=qnA3_Vyh

ferrari_gtc4lusso_r_3_4_lr.jpg?itok=x4vjy0xN

ferrari_gtc4lusso_interior_driver_s_side_300dpi.jpg?itok=atti7FjJ

Images from Top Gear

It takes the 4WD of the FF, adds in the rear wheel steering of the F12TDF, 30bhp increase on the FF to 680, 3.4 sec 0-60 and 208mph top speed.

I absolutely love it. It's so much better looking than the FF, more powaahhhh, and the interior looks a lot better too. Love the rear lights too, very Ferrari-like :nods: Which is good considering it is one.