We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder whether GM will try and have a lalalala car to match the GT? Considering how much more upmarket the new GT is, well mainly just in price and exclusivity, does GM really have an equivalent?

It will be a GT competitor. Currently it's believed to be called Zora ZR1 and it will serve as a flagship model in the Corvette range, indicating there will be a transition period selling classic layout Vette's alongside a flagship mid-engined one, before going mid-engine entirely. Price estimates are currently around 150.000 for a model which will be build in low numbers, that's close enough to a Ford GT.

- AM-RB 001 Concept

- 99 Road cars, 24 more extreme track editions, delivery starts in 2018

- 1:1 hp/kg ratio, they expect it to have around 1000hp.

- Not much active aero, quite a simple design.

- Supposedly much faster than any other road car on sale right now :eek:

I like this as a open top more than the hard top, which I've no idea how as all they've done is taken the roof panel off! :lol:

Must be the colour, angle, photo trickery.

I'm going to guess this is a targa top rather than out & out convertible though. Unless they have some hidden device for the roof to work! :mhmm:

- AM-RB 001 Concept

- 99 Road cars, 24 more extreme track editions, delivery starts in 2018

- 1:1 hp/kg ratio, they expect it to have around 1000hp.

- Not much active aero, quite a simple design.

- Supposedly much faster than any other road car on sale right now :eek:

6-1_cochranella_midas_frog_eyes_05.jpg

Aston-Martin-Red-Bull-001-03.jpg

Very curious about the performances if it really is that much faster than anything else out there right now. Caparo T1 and Chiron would be the ones to beat then I'd assume, so what would it result in? 2.0 seconds to 100 km/h and a top speed over 440 km/h?

Interesting, sporty looks by the lower nose borrowed from that concept (Speed 6?). I don't like that sharp line on the rear panel though, neither do I like those headlights. I'd would have liked to see them do something new with those.

Is that actually a Conti GT though? I've read they're definitely producing a sportier car like the Speed 6. :hmmm: The next Conti will be a brand new model rather than a facelift won't it? So it could be either I guess. I love Bentley atm, both Bentley and Porsche are producing amazing products atm.

Yeah I'd say that was the EXP10, looks a lot lower to the floor.

I'm hoping that we shouldn't be taking any interest in the body panels, they look like they've just glued on some Conti GT panels to the test car like most marques tend to for testing. :hmmm: I don't think the actual one will look anything like that.

Cats out of the bag as to whether they'll be making a soft top version though!

sb_porsche_cayenne_103.jpg?itok=q3MGHQ9C

sb_porsche_cayenne_107.jpg?itok=1kvLa-bb

sb_porsche_cayenne_110.jpg?itok=cMNorhPj

Images from Autocar

Next gen Cayenne spotted. Are we going to get the new Panamera rear end on the back of the old cayenne and call it a day? With the Panamera interior shoved in too, I presume so.

The article mentions a possible electric Cayenne. How long have electric Porsches been discussed now? I know development and engineering is not a quick process but the issue is that I don't see it happening within the next few years, for them to be on our driveways anyway. Are they holding back on purpose? Have there been issues? Tesla were meant to release the Model X years ago, they've got such a head-start on everyone.

Mercedes and BMW have been working on electric vehicles since the 70's, BMW perhaps even earlier than that. I think they have their own rather careful ideas on how to bring them to the market with everything that surrounds an EV, though it's indeed rather silly to see that Tesla goes ahead by quite a margin in this. I'm sure though that with the Mission-E and VAG's hunt for clean vehicles (which has most likely already caused the Phaeton as we know it to be axed) will only be speeding it up... but 2 mph instead of 1 is still quite slow :lol:

Yeah I guess there's just some frustration as when you see the Mission E was unveiled a year ago, is planned to hit the roads in what, 2020? Yes the design is cool but the performance figures don't seem that radical thanks to Tesla. We're waiting until 2020 for a car which is basically a Tesla Model S (first released in 2012) but with a Porsche design and interior? It all seems rather crazy.

All I can think is that they're making huge leaps behind the scenes and before we know it, we'll have a 3 series EV, X3 EV, X5 EV etc all within a short space of time.

Well they are sorta working on something like that I assume. I read for example Merc quickly wants to up the number of EV's in order to have nearly every 'Class' available in plug-in and/or EV version. Those would be introduced under a new sub-brand like BMW i, which I think behind the scenes is also in development to have more vehicles. But ye, people only judge on what they release, and Tesla as a new-comer in the car world really leaped over the rest.