We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

WIP/BETA Car slots Add-On V1.00 TDU

Tob-Racer

This is a poll (not a pole).  

50 members have voted

1. 1. This is a poll (not a pole).

• Make a car pack of 45 cars with mods from TDU's community.
    • Duplicate Atari's car slots so that you can install whatever you like.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honda s2000

Lexus LFA

Toyota mr2 celica supra

TT 4x4

and WRX

Fault of all these cars. LFA the most. But these 45 new slots will allow you to use the regular Atari Slots ;)

For my list, I've really tried to combined diversity, Availability of the mods and I've also counted some mods who replace the same car (Both SLR Stirling and SLS replace the SLR Mclaren).

I'd replace a few cars of that list, but that's my personal taste on cars though...

I've added the Punto just for you :p If you're not happy, I'll replace it with the Lexus LFA :D

How fast and hard would be to just create the slots, like:

slot1

slot2

slot3

etc...

All them with their own hud and standard physics? Like, just create working slots... readable by TDUMT and etc? What i mean is, create indeed just base slots, so people can freely change and add anything they want to over these slots.

Also, did you got a clean TDU install before start doing that? How people would install it? Replacing the database? Because if so, if you have other mods installed, with their own physics, those data will also be added when they install these extra 45 vehicles.

Edit: Example of files

slot1.bnk

slot1_I.bnk

slot1_audio.bnk

slot1_F_01.bnk ("Standard" Rim folder)

slot1_R_01.bnk ("Standard" Rim folder)

slot1.bnk (HUD)

It's a bit long to create slots. About 20min each. It doesn't make much difference if I make them basic, the process is the same for any Bnks and Performance Packs.

I can do that, but the idea is a bit the same as the community megapack. You have to admit it was nice to have all the new cars from civicman's choices and be able to play straight with them.

Yes. I've got 2 folders of TDU, one is for fun, the other is called "TDU EXP". I'll let you imagine what it is for ;) I'm gonna keep all the original Atari's car to normal, The community megapack (Tsuka's update with your Patch 1.3) is gonna be included, as for Patch 1.68b and JPTH's dealers slot update.

About the installation, I'm trying to think of an automatic installer. I don't exactly know how to use it. Might ask for some help for this one. But if it's not the installer, the manual process is gonna be a bit the same as the community megapack: Bnk1.map, Bnks, Database files, Vehicules Slots update for TDUMt and carData's update for TDUPE.

At the moment, I can't see other ways than replacing the database apart if you want to spend a day on rewrite the database your self. (That's my job) :)

Tob-Racer, so will you create 100% scratch made slots or starting from unused ones?

100 % scratch :) Well almost ^^ It's a copy-paste. Then traditional way of replacing cars. Mapping the new files is scratch.

Process is easy when you understand how the database works. You have to just copy a line, change some values, Make the BNK1.Map accept new files and you're done ;)

I see... :hmmm:

So, you could also fix 2 things i've forgot to add in my update, which is the Civic rim size and add proper rims for C63 Black Series. :lol:

And about the Punto, i appreciate the attention, but even with you adding it, i'd replace the Spyker with it, because i have 3 different Puntos, each with a different exhaust, and soon a different interior, with different physics and sounds... not to mention that all the 3 Puntos have 2 rims to choose, stock or an optional Enkei RPF1. :lol:

So, you could replace it with a F355, i think people would appreciate it more than a Punto. :D

Alright, You've made me change my mind. LFA then :p And I've got to clean you mistakes... You deserve the LFA really :lol:

Yes I will correct all that. Great thing is I can easily correct the rim size when I add the rims into the database ;)

F355 I like it :cool: But it will depends of the availability of the mods. Tool have made this car, Zoqqer aswell, but to be honest one is better than the other and it's gonna be impossible to introduce the best quality car.

Miha has a F355 aswell... and it's not my mistake, i've just left it behind. It's easy job though, just replace the C63 rims file, and the Civic is just a quick database edit.

Civic rims should be: 195/40/17 and 225/40/17.

:lol:

Okay, got some news. More of an idea ;)

2 Options:

- Would you like me to copy slots and then you can replace it with the car of your choice. Let me explain, for example, Zoqqer's Pagani Huayra replace the VW Golf R32 but you'd like to keep that slot also for a Golf GTi 3 VR6 or a Scirocco. What I can do is duplicate that VW Golf slot and then you would be able to use the regular VW Golf slot for the Huayra and use the duplicated one for your Golf GTi 3 VR6. :)

- Create a car pack with the list up there :)

I like both of these idea. Is it possible to have a poll up there please ? Democracy power is best :D

That's why I come up with the idea of duplicating slots ;) Because I don't have to ask for permission to use mods and you have the choice to install the car you want.

The only problem is I must use different physics to original slots. So I'll ad random physics on my new slot and it's gonna be much easier to distinguish them from the regular Golf R32 for example. Let me update my first post, You'll see what I really come up with. :)

I agree to duplicate slots as well. Now we can, thus we should make use of it :)

Keeping original slots untouched will allow backwards compatibility with previous autoinstallers and people who don't install mods..

The way of installing mod is a matter of taste - I know some don't like autoinstallers, but there are things we can't just set up manually without proper knowledge or via a hard task.

Till new hybrid installer ever comes (with more control for advanced users), let's give a choice to gamers ;)

Yes but as Djey said and as it comes up to my mind, it could happen that I duplicate only the slots so that means gamers will have the choice of install any mods. Yes also that's true, I first come up with the idea to introduce your Aventador Anniversario of course with your permission, but to me a mod is a mod with it's quality and default, I don't care about the bugs as long as I can have fun with the car. The perfect example would be your G65 AMG mod, I really like it and I don't mind if the interior cam is bad. I'm the only one who decide what mod will be in my Add-On pack. At the moment, vote will decide if any mods will be introduce in my project.

Still waiting for a pole :hmmm: is it possible to have one please ?

Yes but as Djey said and as it comes up to my mind, it could happen that I duplicate only the slots so that means gamers will have the choice of install any mods. Yes also that's true, I first come up with the idea to introduce your Aventador Anniversario of course with your permission, but to me a mod is a mod with it's quality and default, I don't care about the bugs as long as I can have fun with the car. The perfect example would be your G65 AMG mod, I really like it and I don't mind if the interior cam is bad. I'm the only one who decide what mod will be in my Add-On pack. At the moment, vote will decide if any mods will be introduce in my project.

Still waiting for a pole :hmmm: is it possible to have one please ?

To be honest mate since TDUPE I'm totally lost on modding, but I think I understand what you're saying. :lol: