We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

WIP/BETA Car slots Add-On V1.00 TDU

Tob-Racer

This is a poll (not a pole).  

50 members have voted

1. 1. This is a poll (not a pole).

• Make a car pack of 45 cars with mods from TDU's community.
    • Duplicate Atari's car slots so that you can install whatever you like.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right; After I've tested a few things with COMB@T's Audi RS5 and try to figure out where is the problem with TDUPE, I think yes there is no way to fix that problem. I initially fault the problem was the default rims inside the CarPhysicsData in the Database but even if I've separated the original slot to the new slot with the values, the same problem appear. Pretty much all the values are different and there is no way The Maserati GranSport and the Audi RS5 have something in common except somewhere in the configuration in TDUPE. So I have to spend some time under the hood of TDUPE to see where is the problem. This problem frustrated my self so much that I'm ready to spend some time create a new TDUPE even with my very small knowledge of creating a software. The other thing I got in mind is to create a more detailed tutorial of how the database work and adding new cars with a 2 or 3 sets of rims. (Like Combat's RS5 down here)

I'm not the sort of man who give up.

4vRldnW.jpg

Thank for the support :)

Yea Milli just changed a few things in the community megapack. Nothing too big. But civicmanvtec and JPTH are the two other persons I know who can add more slots and I'm wondering if they have the same problem that I've got. Or maybe someone else know how to add more slots and can help ? Please guys, can you help me ? Just for the community :D

But Maybe I can wait for Djey's future pacthes instead of crying everyday on my problem. :lol: Thanks again Djey for your hard work. :nods:

Good news, an autoinstaller should even work btw:

- one's need to change vehicle reference to an available slot ref in install.pch

- totally new file names can be provided instead of existing ones, with database updates (carphysics: new resources to file names and updated line to target correct resources, the same for Rims, CarColors and Interior to target correct slot).

EDIT: I'm making a very complete tutorial for adding new cars and 3-4 different set of rims. I think it's better if you can add the slots your self than install my mod.

As you are trying to help me I want to try to help you. Maybe you will know that but just in case it's not like what I write it.

I have seen that in your patch when you duplicate two times a car, for exaple: Shelby gt500, Skyline, Edonis or SLR, the second car in TDUPE has the same ID refernce number than the original Atari car and this number is the new refernece number value you gave when you duplicated the car

For it will be more clear. This is the original Atari slot McLaren SLR

[ATTACH]22914[/ATTACH]

And this is your second McLaren SLR slot

[ATTACH]22915[/ATTACH]

In contrast, when you choise the first McLaren SLR slot, it has a different ID reference number which give you the posibility to modify, edit or repalce without any problem

[ATTACH]22916[/ATTACH]

Maybe you will know that but if you don´t, now you can have an other clue to discover a solution. I hope I could have helped you.

Thanks a lot men!!

Thanks for the help :) Well yea I already know that. Just to correct you, the second screen of TDUPE is the 3rd SLR Mclaren, not the second. And the 3rd screen of the SLR is the 2nd SLR ;) And the first one get the problem I'm trying to resolve where you can't access to the original slot.

Hi Leonhart :) Sorry for late reply...

Well, add cars is my main project and the tutorial I've made is a parallel project to this one. Both have the same common problem: TDUPE. I need a huge amount of time to have a very closer look and see where is the problem and fix it. Unfortunately these last few days, I'm very busy in my life because I've moved from England to France and I'm currently looking for a job the quickest as possible. It take me a lot of time. But this project will never be dead as long as I play TDU. ;) Just need as I said plenty of time. Maybe this weekend.

About the mod it self, to me it is sort of Release V1.0 because the target was to add 45 new slots and I haven't see any problem in the database since I've done the hotfix V0.6.1

And to be honest, I don't see the point of add more slots because not many people are interested and did tried this mod, lots of download but not many "Thank you" ; "There is that problem" or "Could you do this please ?"

But Thanks for the interest :D I appreciate your feedback and opinions ;)

Thanks a lot :) I will get there soon. It's hard in France like pretty much all around Europe but I keep fighting.

I will definitely continue this project if I manage to resolve TDUPE's problem. Then, every single slots will be fully able to be modified. :nods:

No problem. Keep have fun :cool:

Hey guys I have proved one thing and it seems it works. I had aoriginal Atari database and i decided to prove to adding new slots. Well, I did it and the best part is: I HAVE THE SLOTS SEPARATES.

I explain what i did:

I follow ever step that Tob explain in his tutorial, but when you have to copy the original Atari car line in Carphysicdata, I copy the line, modify, the penultimate number of the line (for example SLR: 205 change to 2040) and modyfy the THIRD first numbers of the first number in the line (0702052277 change to 3712052277)[ATTACH]22982[/ATTACH]

Then, I follow the Tob´s tutorial untill when he modify the TDUPE CarData. He clicks in carlist and then he search and copy the Original Atari car (Example SLR) and then paste it in a new line and modify the ID reference number to his new one. Well, I don´t do this. I open the TDUPE CarData and click in carlist, then I open my TDUMT and click in DATABASE, then in CARPHYSICDATA and go down to my new car, I copy the refernce number and paste it in the TDUPE CarDATA and put the name I want like in the picture

[ATTACH]22983[/ATTACH]

I do this with the HUD LIST AND THE RIMS LIST inside the TDUPE CarData. When I finish this steps, I save and close the CarData. Then I open the TDUPE and VOILA, the TWO SLOTS APPEAR SEPARATES. I can modify my original ATARI CAR and my new SLOT MOD CAR

I left you some pictures to could see that.

Original SLR

[ATTACH]22986[/ATTACH]

My SLS AMG new SLOT

[ATTACH]22985[/ATTACH]

OH MY GOD !!!! :eek2: I must try it now !

Honestly HUUUUUUUGE Thank you for what you've discovered ! This is really important to me :) Let me try it and I'll tell you if it work. :nods:

IT WORKS !!! THAT IS UNBELIEVABLE :D THANK YOU VERY MUCH MAN. REALLY THAT'S HUGE.

You deserve some +rep and I will completely make a new video with your great search :nods: Cheers man !

Hey guys i so happy that everything is working, thank you to both of you Alonso and Tob, and will you be releasing a fix patch cause it sounds complicated and my time is limited each day. Please will you release a fix patch Alonso or Tob? Thank you very much everday early in the morning i look into this thread and now i am glad that it will be okay.:nuts::p:p

Just counted the houses and garage places:

8 dealers with 64 houses with a total of 438 garage places

plus 1 house (winner prize) with 10 garage places.

Is there another limit than 448 garage places?

So, how many slots can be added at all?

I must admit, that I am a bit confused with all the different threads about adding slots, also with your tut, Tob.

At the moment I am thinking about awaiting a community patch 2.0, doing all the steps at once.

And I think, actually I am not the only one. ;)

Last but not least, a very very big thank you to all for their efforts to find a solution about that. :clap::nods:

Thanks for the information and support guys :) Good to know the number of available slots in the whole game.

Well, with my mod + Community megapack + Atari's Cars (Megapack + RS4 & Skyline + Original Atari Cars), we get up to around 200 slots. So we can probably add a 100 or 200 more :)

I've got 2 threads. This mod and my tutorial. This one lacks of interest, but my tutorial do have some interest. Don't know why, this mod is for people who are a bit lazy to install a slot. :lol: But both have the same target: add more cars.

After, you've got JPTH's dealer slots update here who's a completely different thread who just give more space in the dealers. But it's quite useful if you want more cars :nods:

You right about install everything in once. That's the main problem of this mod and I can't do anything about it. Of course we could all wait for Patch 2.0 but because I can't wait for it I'm gonna release something :D So still, I'll release it and it might be useful when Patch 2.0 will be release. :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

thank you tob racer for all your work ...i got a problem ,the same when you releise megapack2, the db files make my game crash ,but after the divine up date intervention of ,tsuka from japan,everything work perfect,,i must ask please tsuka if you kindlay make the same update for this add-on releise ,and i mean a BIG please ...lol...thank you ...

• 2 weeks later...

Right some news. It's not dead don't worry. I'm not too btw :D

I'm testing a few things like how the game handle the new cars, files, fix the bugs etc... still some work. I'm gonna have a look for the cameras released by Djey since no one did test that.

Let me just remind you, it's gonna be a proper release. Not a BETA anymore. I'll make sure also that everyone will have the same REF Numbers for playing online.

Also something else I let know to modders who use Installers for their mods. Zoqqer I think you're the only one :nods: You can use the new slot to install a mod by autoinstaller. It won't cause any problem :cool:

Oh and what would you like to see in my pack ? Would you like one slot to have 2 or 3 choice of rims ? Any particular car you would like to be copied and get replaced ?

:duck: