We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Project CARS Post-Launch Discussion Thread

Ryzza5

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're so right hassan, those "shifter" karts are a piece of cr**.

BTW, is it only me who gets crashes when returning to the main menu after a race with no crash report. Just the game closing at the load screen. This happens after the last 18mb update.

I managed to get a controller setup that worked well for me. But only in the GT3 cars and the Ariel Atom. Everything else I tried was far too twitchy as the wheels go full lock to full lock stupidly fast at low speed and to an extent at a higher speed.

But racing the M3 GT3 around Barcelona was great fun. Until I ruined the tryes after 5 flying laps. :eek:

SO after a few days and nights of playing the game, I think i'm confident in saying that Project CARS isn't really finished yet. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but in my eyes it could be soo much more. For the amount of thime it spent in development, it's a shame that it seems to be buggy and incomplete to me right now.

Here's a few things that irked me and such i've come across while playing.

• Crashes, usually when starting a new session/race.
  • Cars seem a little too grippy
  • Some odd physics behaviour, mostly related to cars reaching the point of flipping.
  • Apparently, pitting also counts as cutting the track, i've had cut track penalties while leaving the pits.
  • Online stuff is odd. Netcode doesn't seem up to it yet. Had cars warping and jumping across the track.
  • Online games dropping while starting a race, so you'll be the only car on the track when the lights go out.
  • Had a weird thing online where people left during the grid, but an invisible car was left in their place.
  • Menus don't seem to like working with the mouse that much. Seems designed for a keyboard or gamepad.
  • Something for me personally, no Free cam for screenshots. They seemed to work fine in earlier builds a year or so ago.
  • Not something i've experience yet, but apparently the AI is rather dodgy.
  • Inaccurate tracks. For example, I know someone who works at Sonoma in Cali, US. He's told me that the Sonoma ingame looks very little like the real thing

I can honestly see where people come from who compare this to NFS Shift/2. I'm starting to see why too. It's still better than Shift/2, but feels like it somewhat. I think it feels most like Shift/2 when the car hits some big bumps, just the way the car bounces feels like Shift/2.

I hope they can manage to make this game more.

So after playing it for 6+ hours (exam time so this is my only free time) I can safely say this is one of the best console racers I've ever played, even when Forza 6 comes it I reckon it will still be on top maybe not by much but yes I reckon it will be better. Graphically its stunning I love playing the game and its sheer beauty helps even more, in every condition and time its stunning, menus are fluid but a but slow but makes up for the brilliant music.

One issue and its already fixed apparently is the handling and its an issue with the controller so that will be ironed out eventually but I feel its a solid game.

Edit

I had a good fight with a mate, the e30 is extremely balanced it defeat so good the handling was spot on.

Thought I'd give this another go using some settings found on the pCARS forum. Clicky

Steering deadzone 6

Steering sensitivity 0

Throttle deadzone 10

Throttle sensitivity 30

Brake deadzone 10

Brake sensitivity 30

Speed sensitivity 55

Controller filtering 40

Advanced on

Soft steering damper

Can comfortably drive every car that I tried. Couple the above settings with ABS on and it's a fun game after all!

Not sure if the ABS thing is a bug or not but with it turned off the cars are far more twitchy and harder to handle, even when not braking.

So after hours of struggle I have finally cracked the FFB case.

My experience with G27 was pretty bad on this game. That's because devs were too lazy tuning for each wheel so you have to set up everything manually.

You kind of have to do a phd on the matter to master it but for those who want some quick settings for G27 here we go:

First off your global device settings should look like this:

Overall effects anywhere in between 100 to 110 to your liking.

[ATTACH]23442[/ATTACH]

Once you do that, go to the game options and calibrate the wheel accordingly. On the FFB settings make sure the force feedback slider is at 100.

We don't really need to go into 'Calibrate Force Feedback' but you can adjust to your liking, personally any change I've made on that menu made things worse.

So once we are in the game go to tuning setup and go to FFB tab.

NOTE: The settings may change depending on the car and track < they are making us do all the work for this one. For instance a GTE car in Nordschleife should have completely different settings, the settings below are mostly good for road cars on smooth circuits.

[ATTACH]23443[/ATTACH]

so the initial problem since day1 with this game was there was no actual road feel translating to the wheel. That's why I kept whining on and on and the problem is G27 has a different vertical force system and its the first game I've encountered that hasn't dealt with this properly. So the Fz scale is actually all those bump and oscillation effects that were missing. Even with these settings it's not perfect but it is A LOT better. sadly I cannot turn down the other directional effects and crank up the master scale to increase Fz effect because you start to loose detail below 40 I found. aand because the kerb effects are directly connected to Z they are a bit of a handful. But anyway if you have a G27 and you're wondering why this game sucks there's your answer above.

Hope that helped.

That moment when the engine of your LMP1 car blows toward the end of an endurance race is the absolute worst. I'd recommend staying away from the RWD LMP1 car because I've tried that same race twice and even after the second time when I was shifting earlier and not revving it out that much I still blew a motor. I've had so much bad luck in all the endurance races it's driving me crazy. Otherwise, fun game, only other gripe is the suicidal AI that will turn in on you no matter what.

That kinda defeats the point for me. They're going slow because I've told them to and not because they can't go any faster so it won't really feel like a challenge.

Does it tell you what the weather forecast is for the entire race? Must have missed it if it does.