We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Motorsport 6 Demo Now Live!

Camel

[headline]Forza Motorsport 6 Demo is Out[/headline]

My first impressions on the demo are great. The graphics look as good as all of the screenshots and videos that we've seen so far, the sounds are as good as they have ever been from Forza and there is quite a bit of content to say it's just a demo. But it does weigh in at 13GB and the downloads are going slow now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CXqEHMgiFg

Sauce

I've had to go through the demo 3 times now because it turned itself off when I was waiting for it to finish the download. >.<

But going off the track when it's dry is now very slippy compared to before. More like what I'd expect driving at 80mph on grass would actually be like.

But at least that let me try the RX7, Scooby 22b and Golf R. The RX7 is a complete pig to drive thanks to the crap default differential settings they use on all RWD cars like in Forza 5. But that's fixable when the tuning menu is unlocked in the second race.

How about when you go off onto the grass when wet. Is that as fun as it should be?

Not sure if fun is the right word but it's bloody difficult yet entertaining. There's next to no grip, you can't turn but you can spin and if you have your foot down it just redlines without going any faster.

Get the edge of one wheel on the grass under braking and it could be race over.

Roll on the 10th!

On my 2 level ups I won a 1.1mil Veyron and 1mil credits. Bet I don't get that lucky in the game! :lol:

so I've just completed the demo, The game design is fantastic as usual, I did hook up my G27 with the cronusmax device to try it out with a wheel. For those who don't know cronusmax is a little device that basically converts your wheel to a controller. There is no forcefeedback apart from centering spring force, it is almost impossible to counter-steer and clutch pedal is a button not actually a pedal. It is very much like playing The Crew with a wheel :cheeky: . Anyway I've got the h-shifter working with it too which was a lot fun. You are handicapping yourself a lot by using a wheel as a controller so It took me 4 tries to come 3rd in the last race. The graphics are definitely a step down from horizon2 perhaps because of 60fps which I don't really care for in a racing game of this state. But overall I like it, I wish it had a proper wheel support but oh well, it's better than a controller. The game itself is pretty challenging with all assists off and simulation handling. They're obviously not meant to be turned off by controller users (hint hint camel). If you're playing with a controller I suggest you have stability management assist on at all times. As for icy-no grip physics I don't know what you're talking about it seems perfectly balanced to me.

All assists off and sim steering was never an issue in Forza 2 to 4. It was an issue in Forza 5 with just RWD cars until I realised I needed to tune the diff settings and then it was fine. And it appears to be the same with RWD cars in Forza 6. Change diff settings and RWD cars are a joy to drive. For me anyway. Maybe some people like the back end of the car sliding around trying overtaking the front of the car while braking for every corner.

It doesn't really affect R class cars in Forza 5 and also not all production cars. But I've tried the RX7 in the demo and under moderate to heavy braking the back end would just slide around and carry on throughout the corner. The Scooby and Golf were great to drive with the back ends behaving well.

All assists and sim steering won't be an issue in 6 either once I can tune the diffs. I can see me playing this for 2 years easily. :nods:

... They're obviously not meant to be turned off by controller users (hint hint camel). If you're playing with a controller I suggest you have stability management assist on at all times.

I wouldn't be bold enough to say that... i mean, sure i haven't played it, but come on, it's a console game, it has to be playable without assists, even if you're in a controller. Otherwise, they might lose sales.

I only have abs on and it's fine for me, graphically the cars are better than Forza horizon 2, the environments aren't as good for obvious reasons, but they're still great.

Hassan is here to quite prove my point. :lol: Thanks.

As for looks, the trailer looks epic. A game that i'd sure would play if i had a Xbox One. :nods:

Having played it for a bit, I echo the thoughts here.

Something I do like is that the cars seem to have more accurate suspension travel/movement compared to FM5. To me FM5 now seems to behave like GT4/5 in the way cars took some bumps, very little suspension movement, weird movement, it feels funky. FM6 seem to be more dynamic, just take the Ford GT at Rio which is a rather bumpy track.