We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

ISIS Attacks Paris

TIMELESS

Paris

As I'm sure you've all heard, there was several IS terrorist attacks in Paris last night.

Paris attacks: Bataclan and other assaults leave many dead - BBC News

France has declared a national state of emergency and tightened borders after at least 128 people were killed in a night of gun and bomb attacks in Paris.

Eighty people were reported killed after gunmen burst into the Bataclan concert hall and took hostages before security forces stormed the hall. People were shot dead at restaurants and bars at five other sites in Paris. At least 180 people were injured.

These are the deadliest attacks in Europe since the 2004 Madrid bombings.

The Paris attackers were members of a self-contained cell and had travelled to Syria, the BBC's Frank Gardner reports, citing Whitehall sources.

There have also been related arrests in other European countries.

Dutch authorities have grounded a France-bound airliner at Amsterdan's at Amsterdam's Schiphol airport after a threatening tweet was received concerning the flight.

A police spokesman said that authorities had been searching the plane, operated by Franco-Dutch airline Air FranceKLM, for about an hour.

Police have arrested a 41-year-old Frenchman after "what appears to be a firearm" was discovered at Gatwick airport.

The airport's North terminal was evacuated and flights cancelled earlier today following a security alert.

--- Post Updated ---

Countries around the world have shown their support:

cOeyPSb.jpg

It's sad to hear how many people have lost their lives, a city changed forever, all in the name of some extremist morons that think it's their job to "fix" the world to their worldview.

Brussels Molenbeek district is scene of a SWAT raid in connection to the Paris attacks. One or more of the Paris attackers is said to come from here.

Belgian police operations are under way in the Molenbeek district of Brussels, according to Belgium’s RTBF and RTL television.

One man has been arrested, RTBF reported, saying its journalists had seen heavily armed police search several houses in the area.

Mehdi Nemmouche, the terrorist who attacked the Jewish Museum of Brussels, lived in Molenbeek after returning from Syria.

Enforcing the need for operations like this is a couple of bomb threats on twitter, claiming both Brussel and Schiphol airports will soon be hit by attacks. On schiphol, a flight to Paris has been grounded, and both the panoramic deck of the airport as the airplane itself were closed.

Police units found nothing on board the plane, passengers can enter it again.

On schiphol, a flight to Paris has been grounded, and both the panoramic deck of the airport as the airplane itself were closed.

Police units found nothing on board the plane, passengers can enter it again.

It's sad when you can't even allow people to look at a damn plane! Here (Belfast Intl) shut the deck a few years ago, probably for the same reason.. fear of terrorism. :(

--- Post Updated ---

There'll be several threats from now on since people are scared... I wonder how much this event will change the view of EU politicians on the whole refugee/economic immigrant thing

Indeed. It's truly unfair to genuine refugees that need the help of western countries.

--- Post Updated ---

There was a journalist that lived behind the concert hall, he was shot in the arm while rescuing an American. This is his explanation of events:

NSFW:

[spoil]

I was working at home. The television was turned on, broadcasting a movie in which Jean-Hugues Anglade played the role of a policeman. I heard a sound, like a firecracker, I initially thought that it came from the movie but it was really loud and so I went over to my window. I live on the second floor and my appartement leads to the Bataclan's emergency exit. Sometimes, there are somewhat agitated evacuations, but this time, everyone was scattering all over the place, I saw some dudes lieing on the ground and blood... I understood that something serious was going down. I asked what was going on. All of them were going up towards Street Amelot or Blvrd Voltaire. A woman was hanging from the second story window of the Bataclan. It reminded me of the images of 9/11.

I then thought about going down to open up for people to take refuge. And so, I opened the building's entrance. There was a man lieing flat on the sidewalk. Along with another guy who I didn't see again afterwards, we pulled him over to safety in the hall. I believe that's the moment when I took the bullet. I don't remember, my memory is blanked out. I remember feeling like some sort of firecracker going off in my left arm, and I saw blood gushing out. I think the shooter was overlooking from the Bataclan's window. We went up in a neighboring couple's home on the fourth floor. The guy we pulled in had been shot in the leg. He was American. He was vomitting, he was cold, we thought he would die. We called the fire department, but they couldn't evacuate us. I called a nurse friend who told me how to make a garrotte with my shirt. We were stuck there the entire time up until the assault was launched and the RAID came to get us out.[/spoil]

It's sad when you can't even allow people to look at a damn plane! Here (Belfast Intl) shut the deck a few years ago, probably for the same reason.. fear of terrorism. :(

--- Post Updated ---

Ye but this is just a temporary closure, it's been closed before in the past but usually it's open to public, also considering there's a public restaurant there (aka not an exclusive flightpersonnel restaurant).

EDIT:

New update on Paris: the guy who blew up his explosive jacket at the stadium France was playing against Germany actually had to detonate it in the audience. When he showed his legit ticket, a guard noticed the jacket and called for backup, upon which the explosives were activated.

Hey guys, thanks for relaying the information in here.

Those are sad days for everyone in Paris. I can't prevent me from thinking to people who lost mates and family around, and these worrying for safety of beloved ones...

But, in the end we have to continue living our lives. As always.

Crazy world ... just nothing in the universe but still :rolleyes:

It ain't over yet: the practice match Germany - Netherlands in the Hannover HDI Arena appears to have been cancelled. Evacuation was started after a threat about an ambulance full of explosives appears to be true[/b] according to german news media.

EDIT: newsreporter of the dutch NOS newschannel was interrupted during his recap of what's going on by policemen with serious weapons. Police would have mentioned there are clues for a serious bombthreat that would hit the entire city. Public transport has been halted, no trains and metro's are leaving the city. More sources are reporting findings of a rigged vehicle after the police tracked a suspicious person from their records. Police is advising people to find safety, preferably in small groups.

I saw a few of these flashing up on twitter, mainly from conspiracy nuts but the legit reports are worth a read.

I wouldn't say it was related to the conspiracy nuts in that it isn't trying to link the US, or large multinational corporations to why something might have happened, it's simply highlighting who benefits from it in a time when everyone in the west appears to be hurting quite badly.

Now the truth emerges: how the US fuelled the rise of Isis in Syria and Iraq | Seumas Milne | Comment is free | The Guardian

America Created Al-Qaeda and the ISIS Terror Group | Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization

Americas Allies Are Funding ISIS - The Daily Beast

Thus why US is never actively in war with ISIS even though they have forces present nearby+ ISIS never attacks Israel even though there has been an ongoing religion war for years.

not to mention European countries are also supporting the war on middle east. Corporations govern some of the policies in countries such as US, thus they are the ones who benefit from war including European countries at the cost of civilian shootings. When Putin said there are more than 40 countries that are funding ISIS he wasn't joking around.

After Attacks, France Increases Its Commitment To Refugees

French President Francois Hollande promised to honor his commitment to take in tens of thousands of refugees on Wednesday. He said France would do so despite concerns raised by ultra-right nationalist leaders that refugees might pose a security threat to the country. “Some people say the tragic events of the last few days have sown doubts in their minds,” Hollande said, but added that it is a “humanitarian duty” to help the throngs of refugees who have landed on European shores after fleeing conflict and hardship in countries like Syria and Afghanistan.

It's a brave stand to take, fare on them. A lot of people won't agree, but personally I think there's no way you can turn down the chance to save the lives of kids and families who are running from terrorism and war.