We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Horizon 3 {DT} - Coming from a land down under and onto Windows 10 (KEEP LEFT!)

CLR-GTR

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it should matter and it's just for me (who most likely won't buy the game) but it would have been nice to see a bit more imagination and a bit less the-easy-way-out for the Merc offer. They can do it, they've proven that with the M635, 2002 and 90's M5.

I guess it's just all licensing costs, and simply the fact they want so many cars in a game they'll reach a point not even selling 6 billion copies will cover the costs of relicensing cars for every new installment. But that's just guessing.

exactly it wont matter. NO profit oriented company releases game or any content just for the sake of it. Asset control is a huge part in game development, you want to make most of what you have and maximize your ROI thus resulting in limited additions to your squeals. That's why it becomes funny when people take this stuff personally especially in gaming communities.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For any PC players fearing they'd have to pay for Xbox Live Gold to go online, this sounds like nice news by somebody called JONK1969 at the Forza forums. His profile mentions Turn10 Staff as profile rank. I was already wondering if FH3 would make PC players pay to be able to go online, but seems not.

Can you share specifics about what will and will not work without a Gold subscription on PC?

Again, all online modes, auction house, clubs, etc. will work on PC just as they do on Xbox One. You don't need a Gold subscription to play any of the online modes on a PC.

If for whatever reason you don't want to play online with PC players, or with Xbox One players, you will have the option to filter matchmaking by platform, but of course we encourage everyone to have fun with the game with as many players as possible in Horizon 3 via Cross Play.

hopefully someone can clear this up i would love to play forza on pc i used to play it all the time on xbox years ago and have been waiting for it to come to pc. but i will not be getting forza if it requires gold membership on pc i will get it if it doesn't require it someone please clarify.

This has been answered clearly and repeatedly, but I'll answer it again. No, you do not have to have a Gold subscription to play online over Xbox Live on a PC.

Source: How MP will work on Xbox and Windows10 - Page 2 - Horizon 3 Discussion - Forza Motorsport Forums

Well, specs are way too high I think... Take a look at BF1 specs, way less and looks as good as FH/FM

Not ordering anything until I know what it's actually like on PC

Gamepad steering on FM6 Apex was awful

Although it's a bit laggy, the game is very playable. An example of awful gamepad steering is pCARS, which no matter how small the movement on the stick is, the driver throws the car to one side on first instance and then steers as it should