We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gallery NOW OPEN - Share your in-game pics, photo mode images, photography and YouTube videos!

Eudemon

Having uploaded some more pictures since my last comment, these are my experiences:

- I would definitely look into allowing multiple image upload at a time, like 5 or so. The 60 second thing can stay, but then make it 60 seconds before you are allowed to upload the next 5.

- Above also ties in with the manual approval thing. I've noticed a couple of times that while uploading several pictures, a person with rights to approve them had only approved one, because obviously they're not hovering over the Approve buton 24/7. Because of the manual approval though, I might have intended to post 4 pictures on the forum, but I either can only post one (which feels incomplete) or I have to keep the tab page and the post open very long until all pictures are approved. Ofcourse this won't help for posts that involve 30 pictures, but I would personally think 5 pictures at once is good enough to post, then wait before you can show the next 5.

Ofcourse this is just my humble requests, you'd have to see when you want an evaluation moment and see how well everything works and what impacts it has. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey CLR, I haven't been ignoring you, I'm just late. (usual!)

The items you mention make perfect sense and the time limit and auto-approval is something I will look at when I get back to the Gallery. As is the ability to upload more than just the one thing at a time, but as that will require brain things from myself that might take a bit longer, unless I get lucky and can hit some zone.

The main reason I haven't been back to it and took to working on other things that you have probably seen showing up, disappearing, breaking and then staying where they should, is because I want to monitor performance before opening up more taps as I don't want to give an option or feature that I then need to take away again due to its effect.

I will get to it though, of that you can be sure. I just have other things I need to attend to first.

• 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...

[headline]*meh* UPDATE[/headline]

Put in a small update just now that will make the sharing of pages and items from the Media Gallery on social media that much easier for us (and you if you want) by implementing the Open Graph info into the main page, category and member pages as well as the viewing of the media item itself. Eh... what? :oook: This basically means that when you share a URL from the Gallery, the info shown on the post/tweet/etc on that service will use the title, text and image instead of randomly grabbing the banner image or someone's avatar and using that.

As we said this is a bit *meh* in the grand scheme of things but it was one of those things we wanted to get working well and so have done. (we hope!) :para:

Another change, which might be more welcome, is the lightbox (the thing that shows the fullsize image) has been changed to the one used on the forum. This one is better as it allows you to hit the icon on the bottom to maximise the size to eclipse that of your browser viewing window, rather than be constrained within like the one previously did.

I also just want to say a massive thanks to those of you who use the gallery to post some of your amazing images and such. It's been fun seeing them showing up and I hope you will continue to do so.

:bunny:

• 1 month later...