We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

If you had to buy a zero-emission car today...

Ryzza5

So Mike thinks the Tesla is boring. Well, compared to a La Ferrari, it certainly is. But if all we had available right now were the current crop of electric/hydrogen -only cars, I can't think of anything better (mostly due to the interior and straight-line performance). In the corners it's going to be boring, but I can't remember the last time I "went for a drive". It's been months since I last went for a ride.

So, if we suddenly couldn't drive any car with a petrol/diesel/chip oil -fueled engine, what takes your fancy as a daily driver?

If you want you can also mention a hybrid vehicle in addition to (not instead of) an electric-only or hydrogen-only vehicle.

prius is good enough

I don't understand this obsession with people treating public roads like a race track anyway. What you need is an automatic car that doesn't break and it gets you from A to B. I'd take tesla if it didn't cost a fortune since it can drive itself.

prius is good enough

I don't understand this obsession with people treating public roads like a race track anyway. What you need is an automatic car that doesn't break and it gets you from A to B. I'd take tesla if it didn't cost a fortune since it can drive itself.

The Prius is a hybrid :p How about a Toyota Mirai? It's hydrogen powered... :lol:

As a daily car?

Call me dull but...

513585.4-lg.jpg

Yes it's a Ford, so it'll do everything it should do in somewhat comfort.

But the Nissan Leaf is also tempting as well.

Personally, think Hybrid's or Hydrogen Cell's are the way to go over full on electric. Least with a hybrid if you run out of charge in electric mode, you have a back up. And with how the weather and lack of charging places when out in the middle of nowhere, you'd be needing that up my way.

I love conventional looking zero-emission cars, and yes that's mainly the Tesla. The Leaf, Prius, Insight, i3, Mirai... I understand the designers want to make it look very special already, but that's fine for other people. Just closing off the entire grille is already quite drastic imo, let alone come up with some hideous shape and styling like the Leaf or Prius, or all those wacky colors like BMW i's.

There's also stuff I dislike about the Tesla Model S. I like cars with a center tunnel, and I've seen a Model S up close and wasn't blown away by the finish of the car in overall terms,it's clearly American (aka not on European level of finishes and feels). Also don't like the massive screen on the dash. But still I'd think it's the one I'd feel 'best' in to drive/own.

Cars I'd consider:

Ford Focus EV

Hyundai Tuscon fuel cell

Merc B-Class Electric Drive

Merc SLS Electric Drive (lol)

Tesla Model S

Tesla Roadster