We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Are you still playing GTA Online?

Eudemon

After hearing how much Take-Two are in love with GTA Online because of the amount of money it brings in, and the ever flowing stream of updates, content and mods that's available for it now and those that will continue to release for it. I was wondering if you guys still play it?

I do enjoy it and I know the grind can be tedious but watching my kid brother on his Xbox One on it, I realised that there is a lot of game here for the money. And there are plenty of ways to make money in it too. It is obvious that it's made that bit more uneasy and requires some time (but not as much as some would make you think) compared to just splurging on those Shark cards, but I have to say I do like it, however I worry about future Rockstar games because of its success. :susp:

What about you? Do you feel the game is pay to win? Do you enjoy it, hate it, or maybe even wish it was never created?

I enjoy Gta online with friends, it's pretty easy to earn money on the game using certain aspects of it so it's quite enjoyable, I bought a Vagner a few days ago for 1.5 million and can earn it back fairly easy so it's not grindy. Everything is stupidly expensive however.

Do you think you would play it as much if the updates were premium DLC instead? Has Rockstar shown that this is the way it should be done: nickel and dime the players afterwards rather than charging them to access in the first place?

in the early days that was true but now there are so many ways to earn money. I've earned a million last week without realizing. It's not as grindy as before.

I kind of noticed that myself watching my brother when he was playing. There seems to be a decent balance between the way to earn and the amount, compared to the time required to do so. Basically if you play the game then you can make good money. And with all the double money bonus periods they frequently have, it's even better.

Not buying the latest content on day one seems to make sense too as discounts are routinely offered on them after a few weeks.

Too much grind for me, I don't have the time to devote to actually make decent money but I loved the heists.

I think Rockstar thinks that way too. They expect people to by Shark Cards to get the stuff they want. Let's hope RDR2 doesn't go that way.

I too would love some more proper heists, i'm not a fan of the ones like "Series A".

Must admit that after all of the build up of hype (personally) to GTA V coming to PC I've probably spent a grand total of 5-6 hours on GTA Online. However, the last time I played GTA Online it was still going through all of the troubles with lobbies and taking forever to load anything so I kind of gave up with it. I keep meaning to go back to it to see what its like, but I won't be putting any money in to it when I do.

All these mods that have been added to GTA Online don't interest me that much. Racing was the only thing I did way back when, now it's kinda broken with all these massively expensive and quick cars. I remember when the Elegy was the only fast car.

Speaking of the Elegy, the last thing I did in GTA Online recently was to upgrade an Elegy to make it the retro one, had to sell a few cars for it though. Why does it cost $900,000 to do it?

All these mods that have been added to GTA Online don't interest me that much. Racing was the only thing I did way back when, now it's kinda broken with all these massively expensive and quick cars. I remember when the Elegy was the only fast car.

Speaking of the Elegy, the last thing I did in GTA Online recently was to upgrade an Elegy to make it the retro one, had to sell a few cars for it though. Why does it cost $900,000 to do it?

so not anybody who plays the game for 5-6 hours can have it? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I still play almost everyday... Mostly just the CEO missions and sniping idiots from the top of my tower.

Its not to hard to earn money, but it is too easy to spend it on stupid stuff. Sooo much stupid clothing in the stores. All I want is some decent high heeled boots for my character