We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What are you watching?

The Queen

Just came back from the cinema. Went to see Mission Impossible 5: Rogue Nation most likely because it's sponsored by BMW and the trailers and behind the scenes video looked damn good. I've never watched the previous movies FYI nor any movies of this genre basically.

TL;DR it's fun, full of action, Tom Cruise is still handsome and Ms Faust sexy, lots of Bimmers, few pretty funny scenes etc. The only gripe was that in the chase they used the BMW M3 F80, which if you didn't know, has a biturbo inline six. Guess what. In the movie, they used the sounds of the previous, naturally aspirated V8 E92 M3. :lol:

And the movie ended too early, I wanted to Cruise find the Faust girl and get married!!! Ffs

All in all, had a great Friday, post-Birthday night (went alone). :nods:

Watched all these in the past 10 days:

Avengers 2 Age of Ultron: kinda meh

Big Hero 6 : good

Captain America 2 Winter Soldier: good

Furious 7: good

Guardians of the Galaxy: decent/meh

Interstellar: good

Lucy: somewhat interesting/meh

Need for Speed: good

Amazing Spiderman 2: decent

Turbo: not bad

Penguins of Madagascar: good for a laugh

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Deadpool. :panic:

I can't remember the last time I watched a Marvel/superhero/similar kind of film but boy, this film was amazing. There was one part which I laughed so much my eyes started watering, I couldn't breath and nearly lost control of my bladder. It's got love story undertones and Ryan Reynolds for the ladies and then, I'll call it action for the men. Really not sure how on earth it's only rated 15 though!?

10/10 will go to watch it again. :nods:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2001: A Space Odyssey

Bit of a "What in the hell did I just watch?" moment. Had to go online and read a summary of the book to understand the ending, which does make sense if you agree with Clarke's interpretation. It's just incredibly odd to watch a movie that's mostly silent bar background noise and sometimes music. There's literally like 3 scenes with dialogue.

• 2 weeks later...

Shakespeare :yawn: What are you trying to do, culture us?!

Anyway I watched 10 Cloverfield Lane last night. The first 2 minutes were boring, the rest of the film was brilliant. Totally did not hide my face behind a pillow on several occasions.

No you're a wuss.

Started watching American Crime Story. (as recommended by Rassva)

What the duck?! What is this? It's so weird. Really seemingly awkward acting by a fantastic all-star cast. I think the writing is a bit... off-beat. And what happened to John Travolta's face? :(

Still, I'm kinda' hooked.

I take it back, it all got a lot better a lot quicker.

It's eerie to watch the actual courtroom footage of the OJ trial and see that it's... exactly what I watched in ACS. OJ is a strange man, I don't know what to think. :hmmm:

Marcia rules though.

I watched ACS when they aired it on BBC a few months ago. I thought it was actually pretty good and it certainly pulled me in to the point where I was looking forward to the next episode each week

Also, as is probably the case with most of us. Game of Thrones! That last episode has set the wheels in motion for the rest of the season to start getting pretty tasty! Fighting, boobs and dragons. What is not to love?