We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Gear: Polar Special

Nodz86

Most of you have probably seen the adverts on the BBC but for those that haven't there is a new Top Gear Special on this week times below (all BST).

homepage_polar_challenge1.jpg

Polar Special

Don't miss Top Gear's biggest and coldest ever race.

Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond are racing to the North Pole, Jeremy and James are in a specially adapted pick-up truck, while Richard is on a sled pulled by a team of huskies. [AD,S]

Wednesday 25, 8pm on BBC Two

and Sunday 29, 8pm on BBC Two

And it's got to be at 8pm, Lol, right during our cruise, I guess I'll be a bit late for that one =) Thanks for the info, I would've never known without this, I would +Rep you but it won't let me, so just a big thanks for now.

Its bound to be repeated on UKTV G2 and be realeased on DVD.

...in a couple of months....

did anyone watch heroes after it?

i hate the blooming cliffhangers! (please dont spoil the ending all those that may have watched the Sci Fi Channel)

Yeah I watched the heroes after it.. Not bad but I can't really see what all the fuss is about.. This maybe because I'm such a huge LOST and Prison Break addict that my brain doesn't consider any other show.. Meh maybe it's just boring.. Also forgot to add does anyone know the song they were playing thoughout the whole show? I'm 99% sure it's in a film or two aswell just can't put my finger on which one!!

Best TV in ages ... well since the US special or they made the Reliant Space Shuttle!

Anyone know where to email the BBC to say thanks for great TV to try and offset all those treehuggers who'll complain about ruining the wilderness and drink driving!

Oh and there's a whole load about it on both www.topgear.com and www.toyota.co.uk

Not sure if this is it but here you go

hd_topgeartvprog.gif

General Enquiries

heres the link to the contact page on the bbc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/feedback/

I finally got around to watching it tonight, had to go out last night so I sky+ it. My conclusion it was amazing. Ihope they do a special DVD and extend it as we only got to see an hours worth of it and it took them 3/4days and all the training before hand and also give a better more technical insight to the Toyota aswell.

This was probably why Clarkson said a few months back he might quit Top Gear and why he said there might not be another series as they could have died doing this one program, I would dread the amount of risk assesments and H & S forms that had to be filled in to do this episode.

Did anyone notice that in the credits everyone was Sir Ranulph after Sir Ranulph Fiennes includeing the crew instead of there christian names??

It was a strange ending, I think it should have been longer than an hour

Definately agree, surely out of so many days trekking across the North Pole they have more than just one hours footage.

It would be a shame if out of all those life threatening circumstances, we only got to see an hour, let's hope for an extended DVD =)