We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

the new fastest street car

mclaren8080

Personally I think it looks really ugly, and will handle like a pig :). I really ain't fond of American manufactured cars.

What's your sig all about then? :) But who cares which car is the fastest of the world. The Bugatti Veyron is VAG (Volkswagen Auto Gruppe) and it's all commercial. If you would ask anybody on the street what a Zonda, Koenigsegg, Saleen, Barabus, Bristol or this SSC Ultimate Aero was, they don't know... SSC Ultimate Aero they might think its an Airplane...

There will be faster cars coming in the years. Ferrari is busy with something to beat the Veyron. Then everybody will be like oh that's the fastest car in the world, but there might be small little companies that are faster already.

I know this might sound harsh but when will american supercar manufacturers actually innovate for themselves and design their own cars and not copy other manufacturers designs. I mean that thing looks just like a Lamborghini Diablo and the front is even like that ugly version they made in Mexico called the Coatl:

Recorded at 230+mph also.

Diablo-Coatl-1.jpg

That is the car though, that's the colour they show it in, I think they now have it with Diablo SE30 light magnesium silver alloys but that is how the car is. Ugly as sin but then so is the SSC and you have to admit it does look the same in some aspects.

I think their website is still up at http://www.e-lamborghini.com/ iirc. Check the video out especially, thing sounds soooooooooooo good.

The Bugatti Veyron is VAG (Volkswagen Auto Gruppe) and it's all commercial. If you would ask anybody on the street what a Zonda, Koenigsegg, Saleen, Barabus, Bristol or this SSC Ultimate Aero was, they don't know... SSC Ultimate Aero they might think its an Airplane...

People do know what they are though, well they do where I live. Went out in a Zonda a few weeks ago and people seemed to know what it was. That maybe becouse of Top gear though as not only car nuts watch it now. Bristol is quite famous aswell becouse of the old planes and there old car. The new companys like the people who make SSC Ultimate Aero (sorry don't know which bit is the company name lol) arn't know becouse they arn't on tv and stuff like you say but I still think most of these supercars are well known.

• 11 months later...
I know this might sound harsh but when will american supercar manufacturers actually innovate for themselves and design their own cars and not copy other manufacturers designs. I mean that thing looks just like a Lamborghini Diablo and the front is even like that ugly version they made in Mexico called the Coatl:

Recorded at 230+mph also.

Diablo-Coatl-1.jpg

damn thats one of the uglyest cars i've ever seen!!!

Any of you would seriously have a 9FF or an SSC? In the real world, none would be any quicker than the others, and what would you rather go on a long journey in, the luxury of a Bugatti, or an interior that you can tell came out of America? I definately wouldn't go anywhere near either car...I'd be speccing my Veyron in black and red instantly.

If you're going to do low quality interior madness, i'd take neither of those 2, i'd take a Caterham R500. to quote top gear magazine, the difference between a F430 and A R500 is ths difference between putting your hand on the floor and going down and licking it :p

The Veyron is not a pretty car, infact from dome angles it looks like a van! lol

But is is a darn site better looking than that silly SSC kit car that's 1 or 2 mph faster than it. Big Deal!?:oook:

I'd still rather have an LP640 or LP560 over both of them anyday. Or maybe even the new V8 Vantage.