We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Custom rims yay!!

ShadowGT

:) we can finally have custom rims on our cars.......to a degree

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9149/20070822170841xm5.jpg

Here i put Camaro rims on my 300C

To do it, do this in the numbered order

1.back up the rims your replacing

2.copy new rims from any other car to old rims folder

3.remove old rims

4.rename new rims to old rims name

5.enjoy your new ride

6.if game crashes replace your old rims

Not all rims are compatible with other cars so thats what step 6 is for.Anti-cheat shouldn't pick up on it because file names are the same :)

Enjoy

[mod edit:] Please do not post images larger than 800w x 640h, use a thumbnail or a text link instead, thanks!

The compatibility of the rims is all to do with the file sizes, I mean in KB.

You cannot replace a car's rims with a file which is bigger than the original, you can, however, replace it with a file smaller than or equal in size to the original.

At the moment I have the Caterham R500's rims on the Corvette Stingray '69. Sounds like an odd choice I know, but they're just simple 8 spoke wheels which really suit the lines of the Stingray.

The Caterham R500 isn't currently in the game, but its rims are there.

The file-size theory also applies to the sounds. I've got the Audi A6 sounds replacing the Audi RS4's sounds, this just makes it sound a little beefier and a little louder.

I also have the Noble M12's sounds on the Saleen S7, it sounds just the same, but it's considerably louder, so you can actually hear it. Well, it has a different horn now, lol.

Hope this helped.

EDIT: Here's a pic of my Stingray with the R500 wheels!

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z245/matt88sco/20070826194413.jpg

Nice one matt and welcome to the board also. :welcome:

I have seen people showing some nice rims from cars that we haven't even seen on the XBox 360 yet such as the RX-7 rims though they could be for the default car but rims like the MX-5 and the Infiniti G35 are interesting to see. Pity the Diablo GT rims aren't on though, imagine those babies on a Black Gallardo SE or Murcielago!!

[+] Also I've always wanted to give the RS4 the 300C's engine sound, is that possible as that sounds very raw and V8.

The sound switching is offline only, same as the rims. Well, clientside only, as in you'll be the only one who notices it.

Also, with the sound switching, try to match the revs. If you put the 300C sounds on the RS4 (as I've tried) the sounds run out of revs before the engine does, so you end up with a flat note for about the last 2,000rpm of the rev range.

Oh, and thanks for the warm welcomes.:D

Also, another thing I've noticed with the rims is that the sizes of the rim/tyre on each car seem to be specified somewhere else. If you change the rim model, it just changes the style of the rim, but it doesn't change the size of the rim or the tyre.

• 1 year later...

Well... Switching rims is awesome, like the SLR with the Black Caterham rims, and a Dark grey metallic paint = Everything

I like to switch sounds as well :3 and i got disepointed over the SLR Ingame D:

So i switched it with the Camaro-Z28(Gonna Try the Ford GT sound <3), and GOD I love that game after that XD