We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

First Issue! - TDU Central Magazine

Speed

[TDU Central Magazine Issue #1 - September 2007]

I hope you all enjoy it and a massive thanks to Diablo who worked hard uploading it :D

Constructive criticism to help us improve the next issue is appreciated :)

Thanks,

Speed.

P.S. If this has convinced you to write an article for the next issue, then please say below so I can get a list going :)

Didn't see this thread here but heres what I wrote in the other thread.

Haven't read it yet but I just had a quick flick through and it looks really really good, very well put together. I'll let you know once I've read it what I think of the reviews.

Also thanks for the mention in the credits.

Lol, well you were originally credited as "Ideas Man" but I thought that was a bit unprofessional compared to the rest so I gave you a more professional one.

And anyway, don't thank me, thank you for coming up with so many ideas, many of them will hopefully be featured in the next issue if the response to this one is good :D

Wow, i am impressed. Started out as an idea in my head and it seems to have evolved into some very cool. This months was really good, enjoyed reading the articles and was impressed by the S7ING page ;). Keep up the good work guys. I will write another article for next months issue definitly ;)

I got some constructive criticism, don't let me write. Anyway will go and read it now.

I just even spelt write from lol.

Right actually want to give some proper feedback as there are a few problems. First is the fact there is way too much centre formatting, makes it horrible to read and really should only be used for title in my opinion.

The first real big problem is the Enzo Vs MC12 article, it’s nearly impossible to read with too many changing colours they run into each other in places so you can read it, also gives you a bit of a headache to be honest.

The comic strip thing looks brilliant but the text is to small and the text above and under it doesn’t contrast enough making it difficult to read.

I know I’ve been really negative but these are all of the problems I’ve found in a really good read, next one should be set to be brilliant. Well done to everyone involved.

It's good very good, the articles are all done well, the design is good, and the layout is well done. I think everyone should be very happy with the first edition and good luck with the next one. I must also say every credit to diablo for hosting it on his servers.

Lol, well you were originally credited as "Ideas Man" but I thought that was a bit unprofessional compared to the rest so I gave you a more professional one.

And anyway, don't thank me, thank you for coming up with so many ideas, many of them will hopefully be featured in the next issue if the response to this one is good :D

Lol, Ideas man, like it. Hopefully if I can get the time (as I now have a job) I can do an article for the next issue.

I've just read through it, and it was a really good read. There seems to been alot of research put into the articles and they have all been well thought out, especially liked the background on Pherelas' article in the way that the picture sets the colour for the page.

The only thing I would say is that some articles sound as if you are in the world of TDU reviewing the cars and others articles refer to them as in game cars, would be good if it was one or the other but apart from that very well done Rep will be spread (if it will let me) to those involved very well done.

Now there is one question, Who is The S7ING???????? lol

another thing..to many "mirrored" photos..and good job!

Lol yes I know, that was me. It's just so easy to do and only takes about 2 minutes, and I'm not exactly a graphical genius like Iced (Pherelas' TVR Designer) so I just sort of ran it through as a theme.

So if anyone out there thinks that can do better than me, please let me know so that we can have more of a variety in the next issue :)

And thank you to everyone who has left great feedback, I'm glad you're all enjoyed reading, it makes all the hard work worthwhile.

Speed.

Here's my feedback about the magazine. I haven't read all the other feedback in this thread so maybe these have already been said.

1) Make the magazine look more like a real magazine. At the moment the magazine looks like a bunch of images. Not like a real life magazine. You can clearly see that different persons have made the articles since the background is different and the font varies. Take a look at any real life magazine and you can see what I'm after. They don't look like the TDU magazine. Different authors could write the text and get images but then give them to the editor(s) who would put it together. This way the magazine would have unified look and structure. Some of the articles were really hard to read due to the background/font mixture (Enzo & Powerlaps). The magazine format could also be changed to PDF. And how about some people interviews? Featured racer or something like that. There's a lot more in TDU than just the cars. Places, people, clubs etc...

2) Articles should be longer. Now they had a good start but ended much too soon. Now the Enzo vs. MC12 article was just 1 page long and mafia car article were many times longer although the enzo article was the main article (cover story). Every story should be writen as they do car reviews in real life. Use more detail in everything. You all have read car magazines so you know what I'm talking about.

Now you say that why don't you write an article. I could but my english is not so good and I can't take any images since I'm an XBOX player but if my poor english doesn't matter or if someone could review the text afterwards then I could try out.

Overall the magazine is a great thing. Nice to read and it had some good points like the mafia car review and the powerlaps. Looking forward reading the much improved next issue.

Lol yes I know, that was me. It's just so easy to do and only takes about 2 minutes, and I'm not exactly a graphical genius like Iced (Pherelas' TVR Designer) so I just sort of ran it through as a theme.

Thanks for praise :) The second half of the review should be up for next mag :)

Ideas:

1. I think the whole of the mag should NOT be as big as it is, as hardly any one owns a screen big enough to view it all with relative ease.

- It would be best at the size it was released at, or maybe bigger to fit on a 4:3 17" / 19" screen (both = 1280 x 1024), as this is the average size of screen resolution people own.

2. And yes I agree with the similar style, however people need to able to add their own flair to each page, ie. Pheralas' idea I used on the TVR Sagaris, to mix the blue to the sea was very good.

3. The Idea I thought was to add the TDU logo at the top of the forum onto each page next to the page number. Like S71NG3R's!

ps. And thanks to everyone who liked TVR review, took me bloody ages to line the text up as photoshop dosn't edit text very well, I had to use MS Word to get the correct number of words on each line etc.

Thanks for praise :) The second half of the review should be up for next mag :)

Ideas:

1. I think the whole of the mag should NOT be as big as it is, as hardly any one owns a screen big enough to view it all with relative ease.

- It would be best at the size it was released at, or maybe bigger to fit on a 4:3 17" / 19" screen (both = 1280 x 1024), as this is the average size of screen resolution people own.

2. And yes I agree with the similar style, however people need to able to add their own flair to each page, ie. Pheralas' idea I used on the TVR Sagaris, to mix the blue to the sea was very good.

3. The Idea I thought was to add the TDU logo at the top of the forum onto each page next to the page number. Like S71NG3R's!

ps. And thanks to everyone who liked TVR review, took me bloody ages to line the text up as photoshop dosn't edit text very well, I had to use MS Word to get the correct number of words on each line etc.

I got a 20 inch screen (Yay Me) LOL