We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Spotting: What You Saw Recently!

The Queen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I was all over the place yesterday, I was out all morning and saw nothing of interest but had my camera anyway, but about an hour later I go out again and this time without my camera I see:

A VIper SRT-10 in yellow

A Mercedes CLS 63 AMG in Black

and(I was really mad I didn't have my camera for this) A Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster in Silver:(

Two Z1s!!!! :eek: I've only seen two in my whole life.

rly? I see every day minimum 1 when I'm going spotting^^

BTT: Today (!!!) (sorted by data) the fat ones are Topspots today! (of all of these I've got Pics/Videos)

-Rolls Royce Chrornice

-Vacel Vega II

-TC-Concepts TC65 (based on MB SL65)

-Audi R8

-Aston Martin DB7 Vantage

-Aston Martin DB9 Volante

-Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400 Roadster (with DBS rims:drool:)

-Lambo Murcielago LP640 (Amazingly Revvings:thumbsup:)

-Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano

-Bentley Conti GTC

-Mercedes CL63 AMG w/ Carbon exterior package

-Aston Martin DB9 US Import

-Bentley Brooklands

-Alpina B6

-Ferrari F430 Spider

-Ferrari 612 Sessanta w/ Tubi exhausts

-Maserati GT (combo with the ferrari above)

-BMW M5 E60

-AC Schnitzer BMW 6th series (unsharpen pic:sulk:)

-Rolls Royce Ghost by MANSORY

-Maserati GT

-Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4

-Ferrari 458 Italia (combo with the Bugatti)

-Lambrghini Gallardo Spyder (combo with the Bugatti)

-Brabus G55

-Bentley Continental GT

-BMW Z8 (combo with the Ferrari 612 Sessanta)

-TC-Concepts Porsche GT3 Roadster (awesome Revvings :drool:)

-BMW M6

-Tuned 'Vette Z06

-Ferrari F430 vs Horses:thumbsup:

-Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano (the second one)

-BMW M3 E90

-Bentley Conti GT Speed

-Bentley Conti GT

-TC-Concepts 996 Porsche Turbo

-Wiesmann Roadster MF4

-VW Golf R:lol:

-Ferrari California (Revve'd :cheeky:)

-Bentley Conti GT

-BMW M3 E92 Roadster

-2010 Mustang GT

-BMW M3 E90 (combo with the Mustang)

-Ford Mustang GT Eleanor

-BMW M3 E92 Coupe

-BMW Z1 (out of bus^^)(second today, first one missed :()

-Morgan ???

-Smart ForTwo (combo with the Morgan)

-Alpina B6 Roadster

-Maserati GTs (bad pic)

You can ask for pics if you like :)

Thanx for ruining the image of car spotters. :rolleyes:

Also in Holland, 12/13 year old kids run after cars, stand in the middle of an intersection etc. People in certain cities hate car spotters now, ridiculous.

ip5bas.jpg

Combo.

To be fair I'd hate anyone taking a photo of me in my car anywhere unless I'd already agreed to it before they got their camera out.

Obviously, it's their free-will to take photos if I did have a car which was a bit more extravogant than a Peugeot as long as I wasn't in it, and they blocked the number-plates out.

I guess most 'spotters' are just lucky for the most part that an owner hasn't got out of their car and asked for the photo to be deleted, or at least be seen.

who said everyone 12/13 y.o. is like this?

He's talking about the ones who do that and are and he's referring to there being a lot of them. I actually agree with him and I keep my spotting to a minimum. Sure I used to stand at roundabouts and chase after cars but then I realised how annoying it was for the drivers of the cars and how stupid I looked, so I stopped it. Now I occasionally go place to see cars but not nearly as much as I used to. It's not "cool" at all, it's just silly because all you really do is annoy the driver and not let him know you're interested.

But saying that, I have never been right next to a moving supercar shoving my camera up to it's hood to see the badge and all that. That's just far too much and imo it's absolutely stupid and it makes you look like the bloody Paparazzi, which is not a good thing... :rolleyes:

Here is the topspot of my life!

-snip-

Have fun :)

It's a great spot but sorry, that kind of spotting doesn't interest me. It's more like harassment than spotting and resembles the kind of paparazzi pandemonium you'd expect a celebrity caught up in a sex scandal to receive when they walk through town.

There's no photographic quality to it, it's just snap shots.

It's a great spot but sorry, that kind of spotting doesn't interest me. It's more like harassment than spotting and resembles the kind of paparazzi pandemonium you'd expect a celebrity caught up in a sex scandal to receive when they walk through town.

There's no photographic quality to it, it's just snap shots.

I completely agree! They are just snapshots, it's like they were taken on a phone and then a name is just slapped on them anywhere.

Zoqqer, if you are going to go to all that bother, at least buy a good camera, learn how to use it and take some good shots. Then you can post them up and show them off. ;)

To be fair I'd hate anyone taking a photo of me in my car anywhere unless I'd already agreed to it before they got their camera out.

Obviously, it's their free-will to take photos if I did have a car which was a bit more extravogant than a Peugeot as long as I wasn't in it, and they blocked the number-plates out.

I guess most 'spotters' are just lucky for the most part that an owner hasn't got out of their car and asked for the photo to be deleted, or at least be seen.

I don't chase cars, but I have to disagree with you mate, first off, if that person doesn't like the attention, then drive a minivan or a compact car and second whats the big deal about number plates? I never really understood why people don't like them on the internet.

I don't chase cars, but I have to disagree with you mate, first off, if that person doesn't like the attention, then drive a minivan or a compact car and second whats the big deal about number plates? I never really understood why people don't like them on the internet.

I used to think this but then I realised. Maybe they don't want to drive a normal car because they are able to afford nice cars? Not everyone wants that kind of attention and that is why many don't drive nice cars if they don't want the attention because it's inevitable in some cases as soon as you appear on the road in something such as a supercar.

The "numberplates" thing I used to agree with you however I realised that it's a very simplistic view on things. Anyway reason is that it could easilly increase the likelihood of the car being stolen especially as many people explain where they saw the car and if these are combined together, it doesn't take Einstein to work that out. Also many people don't like their numberplates shown on the net and it's really down to them whether it should be shown or not, not the person taking the shot.

[rant]

I mean if I was driving something like a Zonda (I know it will never happen but...) I wouldn't mind the slightest with people taking photos of it, it's really what people should do imo and that's fine.

However if I was driving through a city just minding my own business and suddenly out of the blue, I appear to be surrounded by a crew of "13 year old kids" who are standing in front of me and pushing camera's in my face, then that's the point where I would get angry because you shouldn't have to suffer that kind of harassment even if you are in a supercar. Why can't you just stand a certain distance away? You don't have to be up at the drivers door about to knock on his bloody window because you can still take great shots from a distance especially panning shots. You just need a decent camera.

It's fair enough if the car is parked, I will admit that, but if the car is moving and theres someone inside or a car is stuck in traffic then there's really no need to be that close. [/rant]