We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey : TDU Modding Tools [1.16.3]

Djey

I have removed the download links to the most recent version that allows you to change the cars physics. This is because changing a car from RWD to AWD can increase it's performance by giving it a higher grip level.

This can be used online unlike trainers which are frowned upon and removed. So in a way, this is just as bad as a trainer if not worse as it gives some people an advantage online agianst other players. Basically it's cheating.

I have made a thread about this in the staff section to discuss this and it may be that the links are added back soon.

I still think that the work Djey has done is fantastic, but is this what we really want, a way to cheat?

I don't think that Djey used it for cheating, he just wanted the game to be more realistic, remember when he refused to help that NGO guy with the Handling Editor?

I know he didn't, but there will be and are people that will use it to cheat and gain an advantage over other people.

Just tried on my rig, and it works perfectly. You were joking, weren't you ?

If not, you may have bad DB_US.BNK files.

I put the new DB_US/DB files that come with the 1.67 patch and it still crashes, I know now that its not from my DB files, its happening with a lot of other people.

It's not about ruining to me, their fears are justified. Together we're going to work toward a solution.

Moreover, Modding Tools 1.10 have issues with many users and this might be related to wheel drive feature as well. So this need to be fixed.

Guest LeetPix

I understand their point of view, but TDU came out in 2006. People rarely ever challenge anyone in a race anymore, people just cruise around, and no one competes anymore for anything anymore, sure it can make some cars faster but how often do you see someone challenge you for a race? plus if you do lose, the most money is 10,000 which you could get back in 1 race. Putting an invisible wall in front of us because of your fears was understandable back when TDU was still the hype and it had massive amounts of players, but now days it's different and keeping TDU the same game as it was will just kill it slowly as everyone will get bored of it, tools like these shouldn't be limited, it gives players something to play around with, something new, sort of like adding new cars into the game, honestly you guys should just stop being so anal about "protecting" TDU, all your doing is slowing down or even stopping TDU modding, depriving us users of such mods that might keep TDU alive.

Djey I think you should post your TDU Modding Tools in different forums as the staff here are just limiting everyone because of what they think is right.

Guest LeetPix

You could post a link to your site on your sig, so people can download it there instead. I think you should continue with your road map from before, and release it on your website, having a staff of 1 forum to limit what everyone in TDU can do is just plain stupid.

If this real may change cars specifications like gears ratio or max RPM and some cars with his unfair owners can get an advantage, I propose to make the pathes or new-carpacks with original cars specifications, like Audi R8 - 4wd, 310 km/h etc.

- Max RPM should not be a problem, as torque curve is protected (and I think we'll never alter this curve anyway - so as max power). We haven't noticed any unfair change in car behaviour with it.

- Gear ratios is like tuning in simulation games. If everyone have the possibility to manage gear ratios to their convenience, that would be even more challenging :) (adding/removing gears aims at providing the same feature basically).

I'm going to build a list of potential tuning features so that we can together discuss of their in-game impact.

Guest LeetPix

Adding a swap between gearboxes would be pretty cool too, would be awesome to have a manual RWD Murcielago.

"Calling staff stupid for doing something to help stop cheating online is not a good way to get on their good side."

Oh btw, thanks who ever neg-ed me, personally I don't care about rep but would you like to quote me where I said you staff members are stupid? Oh and one more thing, I don't care about pleasing staff members.

I understand their point of view, but TDU came out in 2006. People rarely ever challenge anyone in a race anymore, people just cruise around, and no one competes anymore for anything anymore, sure it can make some cars faster but how often do you see someone challenge you for a race? plus if you do lose, the most money is 10,000 which you could get back in 1 race. Putting an invisible wall in front of us because of your fears was understandable back when TDU was still the hype and it had massive amounts of players, but now days it's different and keeping TDU the same game as it was will just kill it slowly as everyone will get bored of it, tools like these shouldn't be limited, it gives players something to play around with, something new, sort of like adding new cars into the game, honestly you guys should just stop being so anal about "protecting" TDU, all your doing is slowing down or even stopping TDU modding, depriving us users of such mods that might keep TDU alive.

Djey I think you should post your TDU Modding Tools in different forums as the staff here are just limiting everyone because of what they think is right.

Fully agree with you.