We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey : TDU Modding Tools [1.16.3]

Djey

Hi Djey.

I installed patch 1.67d and all works fine. It's a cool patch. Also congrats for your great work with 2CV.

Just a question, I tried to rename the 612 scaglieti to 599 GTB Fiorano but i didn't find the name :confused:. Is there no way to make the change?

Thanks in advance, and a big big big thanks for your modding tools;)

Hi aleksin,

you can always add a name with the DB Resource Editor.

Just make sure you're adding a new name in CarPhysics category with a new number (so called 'id').

But be advised, 2CVSUPERGT and me use our own ids for patches or vehicle releases. If you have already added this id, it will be erased.

it tells me "TDU main folder not set properly. Please check your settings."

so i tried to go to the setting to the Folder root and tried few things:

"C:\Program Files (x86)"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro"

non of these worked, what should i do?

I have a question: is there a way to find out how does in-game tuning affect the gear ratios? Because it definitely affects it. And, for example, if I'd wanted to make my Scuderia more realistic, I'd put it on F430 and tune it on 1 or 2 lvl. And it's easy to find gear ratios on the web, so I'd make them the same, but they will be good for stock ingame F430, not the tuned one, which I want. You know what I mean? So I want to change gear ratios for the tuned car, not the stock one, or just know how tuning affects it, so I can calculate and correct it. Thx in advance

Sorry, I don't know any way to guess the right gear ratios with greater tuning level. Basically, I'd think you have to keep the same ratios first, then adjust the final gear till you get behaviour you're seeking.

And once more, TDU is not a sim, so don't bother to follow real gear ratios at 100%, as even with a stock engine you would not get the same performance as IRL. :p

Djey, I wouldn't bother if the gear ratios wouldn't be real. But I checked some of them and they're real - SL 65 AMG, Skyline, F430 and all of them were real.

Anyway, thanks for trying.

Most of them have near accurate or 100% accurate ones. Its usually the classics(I think) and the concepts that have them wrong. and its mainly for car mods.

Most of them have near accurate or 100% accurate ones. Its usually the classics(I think) and the concepts that have them wrong. and its mainly for car mods.

Aaaah, wait a minute, there. Corvette Z06; it's said that if you go one line past redline you'll hit 60mph in first gear. JC got it to hit upwards of 140, I think, in fifth gear. However, the TDU Corvette tops out at 40-something mph in first gear.

-Leadfoot

Hmm where can i get version 1.11 ( its says it came out september?)

I installed a CRX on the TT and it worked, but i want it reving much higher than 6k. If it losoes a little bit Power its no problem its to fast anyways.

And the Turbo sound sucks too.

Can anyone tell me how to install other rims?

;245980']Aaaah, wait a minute, there. Corvette Z06; it's said that if you go one line past redline you'll hit 60mph in first gear. JC got it to hit upwards of 140, I think, in fifth gear. However, the TDU Corvette tops out at 40-something mph in first gear.

-Leadfoot

Actually you are right, I didn't look at the Z06's ratio's and they are wrong. the C6 has them right though.