We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU not working!

Yes the servers are currently down at the moment, everyone has already mentioned this on the Atari forums, im not surprised no one mentioned it here yet, GTA playing fools! :D

Edit: Tenebra has just commented

Dear all, the servers are temporarily down for maintenance. We will let you know as soon as possible when they will be up again.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Yeah I'm currently suffering withdrawal symptoms. I've started thumbing through my other 360 games to see what I haven't finished playing.. I'm not a big fan of the Grand Theft series and PGR4 is just a play toy. I knew I should have bought Burnout Paradise last week when I had the cash. One upside though.. while it's been offline I've racked up about $20mill and have nearly bought all the cars... small consolation though.

I think we need to head over to the official Atari Europe forums and make more noise. There is only a handful of people complaining. After all TDU is the reason we are on this forum and GTA all be it good isn't going to keep us occupied forever. (well not me at least)

The servers have been off for an unacceptable length of time now with no prior warning from Atari. We have been fed a story about scheduled maintenance. While it may be true you think they would have told us about this "Scheduled Maintenance" before it happened. Further more was it scheduled to take all week? I highly doubt it. Also seems a bit too much of a coincidence that they go off right after GTA IV launch when a large part of the TDU community is away from the game and not so concerned.

Despite the fact I can't play it reguardless at the present moment, I'm still not pleased with the situation. Even if they are shutting them for 2 weeks or so for whatever ludicrous reason, would be nice if they at least had the decency to tell us.

Meh. I'm fed up with Atari. Eden should find a new publisher. /rant.

Flame me.

We're chasing it up and I can understand the anger and upset with this, I'm not going to ask you to be patient or anything as obviously this has been going on for a number days now.

PS Infogrames own Atari SASU who in turn own Eden Studios.

I hope they put the servers back on soo as I'm getting bored with GTA online mode and have been wanting to have a cruise on tdu for a few days now.

I hoping they haven't stoppped online play as it would be a real shame if they decided to do that.

I expect this is unrelated but interesting none the less;

In an SEC filing, Atari reported that its delisting from the Nasdaq is official. Trading of the company's shares was suspended this morning at market open. [Kotaku]

Well we knew anyway that they were in trouble. ( I know, I know they are about to become part of Infograms)

It's late and I'm tired. I should leave now before I make a further arse of myself.

Baldred: You can delete this and infraction me if this is in the wrong place or whatever... I'm going to sleep. Night. :)

That doesn't sound good twm hope it is just a conspiracy theoy.

Also I was reading on the official forum and someone has managed to speak to the servers (don't ask how its to complicated for me this time of the morning) and basically he said they are screwed. Thread. Not sure how true this is tho.

Now if you put what he's saying and what tWm just said that means if they have no money and the servers are screwed and if infogrames wont give them money to fix the servers for a game thats well over a year old we may not be able to cruise round the Island again. Lets hope this is not the case.

Edit:

And am I write in thinking that anyone who has the mega pack on the PC version are having troble online aswell?? Could this be related ion some way??

I'm trying to keep my glass half full. A friend in the UK said she had a couple of TDU updates come through over the weekend but none of them worked. Very strange?? I'm wondering if (as TWM mentioned) they're using GTA as a distraction while they spend quality time on the TDU servers. The updates she was receiving may have been a local test to the UK only.. Who knows.. Diablo if you know anything about how the updates work maybe this means something..

I'm wishing and hoping that they're setting up for the future release of the next TDU and are using the time to properly configure the online components of the future TDU game well in advance. And as a result they would have to keep the servers offline for an extended period of time while they run their internal testing. I really have no idea at all but this i where my mind is going with this.. I'm trying to stay positive but after a week of getting the server down message I would appreciate a bit more info from Atari.. so be it..

Why am I being mentioned???

Because Dazoid joined about the same time you did, and your welcome thread was some what of an event.

A friend in the UK said she had a couple of TDU updates come through over the weekend but none of them worked. Very strange??

That's very normal, for me at least. My 360 would often decided it needed to update games even though there was no new updates available.