We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Gear Series 11

eleKtro

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think that bit when the wheel fell off was staged... Look closely and you'll see that it's actually at 2 different places (him attacking the stig and then the wheel falling off)

Regarding what Nodz said, I'm afraid I have to agree. I mean, I don't think there's anything wrong with having a big challenge every episode (I really like them), but it's just that it's now so OTT that the scripting is getting pretty obvious. I think Season 8 was one of the best balances. The amphibious cars 1 was a big challenge but seemed a bit more natural...

Is it only me who thinks they are starting to go a bit OTT with trying to make it an eterainment show?? They had the right balance a while back but now every episode has to have a big challenge or big event or something of the like.

Its starting to, dare I say, go down hill. Yes its good watching it and I love the presenters but it just wasn't as good as it used to be, especially as I've been watching old episodes on Dave and you can see how its become more about being bigger and more stupider challenges/events rather than about new cars, maybe it was just for the first show but I hope it improves.

Also Stunt man Stig, why????????????????

Exactly what i'm starting to think

I think they cracked it around Series 5 or 6 but now it's getting a bit OTT.

It's still very good T.V but it's getting away from the whole point of Top Gear: Cars!

I missed this weeks. My dishwasher flooded its power unit and shorted out the house so it messed up Sky +. I'll have to catch it on iPlayer or something but by what everyone's been saying not sure I'll bother.

MC .... is that an RS4 in your sig ?

Anyone else see TG last night ... not the best episode, RS6 Avant was mental ... next week is the cheap Alfas

Well I changed the sig to the DB7, but apparently cocks drive Astons' too

What will I do!

I could put the M5 up

Well I think last nights was an improvement and they actually had some car reviews of some sort, like EVO vs Scooby, shame the Black didn't go round the test track.

but next week where back to buying a car for under x amount, I hope its as entertaining as the Porsche for £1500 was that I watched the other night.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was hilarious when Hammond was on the wrong part of the train as the right part moved off. :monkeydance::lol:

Although overall they did seem to have quite few more odds stacked against them, imo.

Loved the Alfa 8c and Kate Silverton though :)

Wow. Thats all.

The Alfa. Well that is a piece of art. I agree entirely with Clarkson that it doesn't matter that it isn't that good, because I wouldn't care either. Turning up somewhere in that would turn heads no matter who you were. One amazing car.

The news was a hilarious as ever (a new picture of the Sandaro lol.gif), and the SIARPC was pretty good. Could have been better, but everything could be (except for the race), and it was much better than the previous ones. Shame about their times though.

The race. Wow. It really was a proper race. All that hype from Andy and the crew was true. That was close, and they didn't try and hide it. It all felt much more real than the others, and that you felt the feelings they had throughout. Not one part of that race did I feel bored or not entirely interested. Beautiful car, beautiful roads, and a beautiful race.

One brilliant episode. I think, that just about, that achieved...10. Well done guys.