We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

A very disturbed young man reviews GTAIV

TimBud

Did GTA teach murder? No, murder has been around for thousands of years.

Did GTA teach people to run from police? No, people have been running from the police ever since the police came into existence.

Silly religion..

Intresting.... lolololooolololol

Tell me something I dont know nerd. I personaly hate GTA because of its violence and its gamming that doesn't teach how to murder or how to run from the police but incentives you to do those things.

But this guy is still a nerd, you guys should know that he is not wrong about the God things.

All I can say is that guy needs to get himself a life or an afterlife, whichever he would prefer. I don't get why these serious as hell religious nuts are just completely weird, strange and have no sense of reality or how to live a life. I mean the things he says about GTA being atheist is complete crap, there's a church where an important part of the story happens. Niko (not Nick) talks about how he hated and saw things during the war he would not wish to see again. The game doesn't exactly force you do things if you don't want to, hence the choices in the game. Religious idiots like this always annoy the hell out of me, I have my beliefs about God and all that but I don't let it run my life or nothing. Free will is - pardon the expression - a god given right and thus anyone can choose to believe what they want how they want, if at the end we're all wrong then so be it but don't let it dictate your way of life or anybody else's.

What a tool.

:wtf:

That's the most bullcrap website I've ever seen in my life! Seriously, who gives a damn (sorry) about the Christian values of video games?? I even had the most Christian guy in my class ask me to borrow my GTAIII so he could play during the holidays!

Read that MGS4 review:

As his name implies, Snake is actually a symbolic agent of Satan, sent into the world to finish what he started in the Garden. Evidence of this symbolism can be seen by Snake's use of an Apple iPod throughout the game (Apple is a notorious promoter of Darwinism and counter-culture). Also, Meryl, who guides Snake via a disembodied voice, uses an Apple Macintosh computer (I think Meryl is supposed to represent Satan himself, but all the symbolism is very confusing since it was written by a Japanese guy).
:wtf:

As his name implies, Snake is actually a symbolic agent of Satan, sent into the world to finish what he started in the Garden. Evidence of this symbolism can be seen by Snake's use of an Apple iPod throughout the game (Apple is a notorious promoter of Darwinism and counter-culture). Also, Meryl, who guides Snake via a disembodied voice, uses an Apple Macintosh computer (I think Meryl is supposed to represent Satan himself, but all the symbolism is very confusing since it was written by a Japanese guy).

WTF? Snakes are creations created by God, Satan only used the snake once. You know, Im sick and tired about these stupid idiots that thinks that snakes are evil. I love snakes and used to have over 20 of them (no kidding).

I thought apples were fruits.

About God is rubbish, I'm sorry but it really is.

The reason why snakes don't have any limbs is because when they did have limbs they constantly got caught in plants and one received a genetic mutation of having no limbs so it could go through plants without getting anything stuck so the snake adapted to having no limbs so nothing could get caught.

(if you haven't noticed everything happens for a scientific reason.)

About God is rubbish, I'm sorry but it really is.

The reason why snakes don't have any limbs is because when they did have limbs they constantly got caught in plants and one received a genetic mutation of having no limbs so it could go through plants without getting anything stuck so the snake adapted to having no limbs so nothing could get caught.

(if you haven't noticed everything happens for a scientific reason.)

LMAO! :thumbsup:

How do you explain lizards/centipedes etc then?

LMAO! :thumbsup:

How do you explain lizards/centipedes etc then?

Oh dear. Centipedes and Millipedes have small legs (100 I think) and they are very small, also the centipede's body is very narrow so it can squeeze through the smallest of gaps and plus its less chance it will get caught.

And I haven't got a clue with lizards. :)

There are also many types/size (etc.) of snake.

My dad has a PHD M.Ed in Biology and while thats not really my interest, he has mananged to impart some of his knowledge on me. I'm not even going to bother quoting from one of his several books, beause they all go way above my head.

Anyway, all this is offtopic.

So lets just quit it, because discussions about faith/beliefs on forums always degenerate into pointless flaming.

The topic in question concerns the lack of foresight by an apparantly well informed young person... who in reality appears to be amazingly close minded and unaware.

oh lord, thou book from above dost turn thee on *fap fap fap*

seriously, how does such an asinine moron manage to cross the street on his own, and why the hell does he lick the windows of the shops when he gets there.

Guys.

It's easy to belittle and make fun of those who doesn't share your world view. Christianity often allows for people to find sanctuary in a world filled with change, terror, danger and daily lives with the problems that follow.

Religion is often handed down from parents to children through no means of induction other than a daily life with religious contexts. Families who goes to church, and observe religious holidays.

Luckily the majority of those of faith keep it to themselves. The observance of a religion does not automatically require you to "draft" the "non-believers". So in turn we should not repay with ridicule of those of faith.

However, the minority who do preach and turn to the "traditional" word of God has chosen to ignore these facts and see it as their job to promote the word of a God, whose grounds of belief were written 2000 years ago i patriarcal society which didn't tolerate the observance of other religions. Among other things.

Seeing as these people doesn't respect the beliefs of other religious people, of agnostics or atheists, it would be easy to turn to ridicule and mockery. But I still don't think it's the right way to go about these things.

Observe a respectful tone, when approached by those who will attempt to save you. Listen with interest, and let them know, that you respect them for their choices, their beliefs and their way of life.

It drives them nuts, when they can't pin you for satanism or worse ;)

As Baxie says, I indeed respect this persons idiotic views, but it remains a fact that he's an idiot. You can't judge a game without playing it, and you can't condemn it on moral grounds.

As for the religion thing, I'm just gonna leave all that alone, we don't wanna be here all night Lol.

At the end of the day GTA IV has caused no deaths.

What do you mean. KTF shot a rocket up my butt just last night! And if i'm not mistaken that killed me just a bit. Thanks to my powers though, I came back to life and not even any scars. :)