We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PLEASE Diablo, Help us!

Mb

Why Not Create a Request Forum then?, there seems to be a demand for it..

Plus, Like Diablo has done with the Graphics/photography forum, you could put Topic Attributes

Eg : Waiting, In Progress, Finished etc

Seems good, but we have to be careful with the amound of sub-forums we have ... :p Things can easily get lost or ignored unless people use 'Today's Posts'.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about new members can only post in the introduce yourself section 1st, then either after 24hrs or after a mod approves them they can post elsewhere then this limits to where the spam goes and hinders the spam bots.

I sure know that i wouldnt be too happy with having to wait for 24 hours after posting my introduction before anything else happened

All new members would probably get confused as you dont see this much restrictions that often

I sure know that i wouldnt be too happy with having to wait for 24 hours after posting my introduction before anything else happened

All new members would probably get confused as you dont see this much restrictions that often

I'm members of sites where you cannot post until you have been accepted by a mod/admin or cannot use hotmail email addresses.

Iirc there are restrictions over on some sections on Forza's official forum.

I'm members of sites where you cannot post until you have been accepted by a mod/admin or cannot use hotmail email addresses.

Iirc there are restrictions over on some sections on Forza's official forum.

I know, but i must of misunderstood your post as it sounded as if you wanted them to post their intro, and then have to wait for validation..., which would be confusing for some members

I know, but i must of misunderstood your post as it sounded as if you wanted them to post their intro, and then have to wait for validation..., which would be confusing for some members

I know what you mean, i did suggest that but it could be confusing but then you should always read the forum rules and if theres a note when you sign up aswell explaining and apologising that due to spammers these measures have been implemented then they should be ok.

I know what you mean, i did suggest that but it could be confusing but then you should always read the forum rules and if theres a note when you sign up aswell explaining and apologising that due to spammers these measures have been implemented then they should be ok.

I do know of a Mod for vBulletin that would keep you on the Rules page/T+C page for 20 seconds before you could accept, which would be good, as Diablo could put about it there, which would stop alot of confusion

(If you want linkeh diablo, i shall get)

I do know of a Mod for vBulletin that would keep you on the Rules page/T+C page for 20 seconds before you could accept, which would be good, as Diablo could put about it there, which would stop alot of confusion

(If you want linkeh diablo, i shall get)

The trouble with that being is some people will not bother to sit there where as if you put a 24hr limit on posting elsewhere apart from the introduse yourself section, if you have an urgent question you can say hi and say i need help with such and such.

And the bit about 24hrs before full access can be put in the validation email aswell.

The trouble with that being is some people will not bother to sit there where as if you put a 24hr limit on posting elsewhere apart from the introduse yourself section, if you have an urgent question you can say hi and say i need help with such and such.

And the bit about 24hrs before full access can be put in the validation email aswell.

well, since you cant post without waiting for 20 seconds for this mod, i think that at least some people will read it

I'm on a forum where you can only post in some parts if a mod gives you the 'power' for it. So first they can look everywhere and only post in the introduction part, and then they can, if they are nice :p , post in other sections. Get it?

I'm on a forum where you can only post in some parts if a mod gives you the 'power' for it. So first they can look everywhere and only post in the introduction part, and then they can, if they are nice :p , post in other sections. Get it?

The only trouble with that is that puts alot of work on the mods.

Also what happens when a 'lurker' signs up, never posts but when he does it turns out he can't as none of the mods have granted him permission??

We've all come up with ideas but at the end of the day its up to Diablo to choose what he thinks is best for the forum and new members.

I do not like or want to restrict new members of posting, that's just not fair imo and I would hate that myself especially if I had to wait for a staff member to activate me as it just sounds too much of a waiting game imo.

Got some things to consider but please direct these people, don't berate them, if they are repeat offenders then report them and myself or another moderator will take care of it.

Thanks!

How about new members can only post in the introduce yourself section 1st, then either after 24hrs or after a mod approves them they can post elsewhere then this limits to where the spam goes and hinders the spam bots.

I go with Nodz Idea Diablo. Cause I had to do that with some other forums that I have joined. And It really cuts down on the amount of spam that the forum has. And also filters out the trolls who just come to forums to be cocks about everything.

If you have a good solution like finding some way to keep the requests in a controlled tread. Wait...isn't there a request tread?

For people who want specific things.

Just like how you did the mod threads.

One for Rims, Body, ect. Don't put any of the mods in them just have it for requests to keep people from making new ones. They just post what they want in that thread that is monitored my Iced.

(I'm not sure if I'm making a clear statement.)

Guest RB26DETT

i think i got an idea.

i'm a member of a couple forums that when i sign up, i get a PM welcoming me and such. why not implement a system where a PM is automatically sent with the rules regarding posting and explanations of the forum parts. keep it short and simple, for the idiots like me. :p hey, it might work seeing i like reading PM's.

i think i got an idea.

i'm a member of a couple forums that when i sign up, i get a PM welcoming me and such. why not implement a system where a PM is automatically sent with the rules regarding posting and explanations of the forum parts. keep it short and simple, for the idiots like me. :p hey, it might work seeing i like reading PM's.

RB great Idea. Some sort of system should be put in place explaining the rules and forcing newcomers to read them. Cause the rules section is not cutting it.

For God's sake! All those retards just signing up on the forums to make a kazillion request threads! Can't you do something that people can only open a topic when having more then 100 posts or something? This is just rediculous and damn annoying! It actually pisses me off that people don't just read.

I'm not the only one thinking about it like this, so HELP! :D:thumbsup:

( +1 if you agree! :D )

then prepare to see alot of spam when people try to get to 100 posts quickly. :rolleyes: