We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Opinions?

Eudemon

It's scarily quiet in here, I'm worried. :ill: Please tell us what you think of this new structure? If you hate it fine, if you like it fine, feedback let's us know how you guys feel so come on get a typing! :p

Thanks.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Chris, I was starting to think all that work was for nothing. I think it's better this way and then the creators can show what is actually going with their progress and also it allows feedback to be given for the right model rather than having to scavenge a few pages back in case they missed anything.

I'm hoping people will pick it up and it will run smoothly like a well oiled engine but knowing my luck something will break. lol

Anybody else? :)

Good to know and you're right a change like this does need getting used to but hopefully in time people will see the advantages to a structure like this, cheers mate!

It would be good to hear from the actual model creators also, is this going to help you in the ways that was intended?

I like it! It took a while for me to find my thread though! It's nice to see what all is available to download, and what is coming in the future. You can also track how popular a certain car is by page views (I know it's not perfect, but it still shows whats being looked at). That way, if we spend a lot of time on a car that gets very little views/downloads, we'll start to know what the people want and be able to deliver better. :thumbsup:

Cheers Neo, good to know a few people think we're doing right. Also if there is any threads/posts you want moved over let me know and I'll do my best to do it. Also if you guys can make sure that people know about this section as some people might have the old forum bookmarked only and live their. :cheeky:

Thanks!

Why has the Vehicle Models List changed back to a copy of the Customisation List? I edited it so that it had appropriate warnings and removed the stuff that didn't belong in it like the colour changing and all that crap?

I'm not doing that again so I'll leave it to you.

:thumbsup: thumbs up.

There was a need to clarify all these mods as more and more projects should start soon.

This new structure really makes searching and projects management easier.

Thus, I may also set up here for my first project :)

Why has the Vehicle Models List changed back to a copy of the Customisation List? I edited it so that it had appropriate warnings and removed the stuff that didn't belong in it like the colour changing and all that crap?

I'm not doing that again so I'll leave it to you.

I honestly do not get what you mean? Even with your PM ... I came to it this morning (mid-day ish), and it was like that ... My post was in the thread, I thought you'd moved it in ...

This is pretty cool, yeah... Good to have the [WIP] [RELEASE] [bETA] tags, they really help a lot. Also, it's way easier to navigate than one huge (70+ pages!) thread. You don't have to wonder "damn, was that Hummer H2 download link on page 38 or 39?".

I think its brilliant, new to this mod section and got very confused with the old set up. Nice one. One thing though could there be a sticky thread for a genralised instrcutions on how to implement the mods or is that explained in the file you download??

Another thing now each mod has its own thread, in the list of all the mods can't it be a simple link to it thread instead of all the other infomation on there?

Oh yer, read-me threads are very good aswell, makes it clear to everyone. Is there anyway so that the first time you enter the section you have to read it or is that too much work? A lot of new people to the forums will just ignore thses which is stupid.

Another thing now each mod has its own thread, in the list of all the mods can't it be a simple link to it thread instead of all the other infomation on there?
That's a good idea. Shouldn't be too hard to make, just some copying and pasting. And no, the instructions don't always come in the download, sometimes they do, sometmes they don't.

E: The current list has it at the top, maybe a re-name will make it more noticable.

Thing is some people won't even look at the separate threads and will just jump straight into the List. If they have issues or want to show their appreciation then the thread link is there for them to do so. The thread is locked also so no randomness and loss of the actual flow of the vehicle list itself. If need be though it can be changed, that's the great thing about being a staff member.