We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

So... What is the worst game you have played?

Guest RB26DETT

My Top 5 Worst Games of all time

Underground 2 is well by far one of ma favourite games of all time..

I agree. I just love the underground-ness of it and it's the only real game that represents the street car culture. My 5 Worst Games:

5.) Virtua Fighter

I'm a huge fan of the Tekken series, so to me the Virtua Fighter controls and fighting styles are terrible.

4.) SSX Blur

I have a Wii and I hate it, and a good example of why I hate it is this game. See, games for the Wii that have come out for other consoles too have a tendancy to force you to use the remote and nunchuk (For Example, the handbrake on Driver: Parallel Lines (which is a good game) is pulling the Wiimote up, so you need to keep your arm level the whole time you are playing the game, which hurts your arm) and Driver only just saved itself on the Wii because it was a good game. Now, i've played the SSX games since the first SSX for PS2, and still have all of them and i'm a huge fan, but this game forced you to use the Wiimote and Nunchuk to too big an extent, and it's not a good game at all this time round either, so it has nothing to fall back on.

3.) Race 07

After playing GTR2, I expected this to be a good game, since I like GTR2 and BTCC racing, so in my head, this equals win. Again, down to poor assumptions i was disappointed. Now, the physics were ok. They weren't the best in the world but I found them quite realistic and I could live with them. But what annoyed me was the lack of excitement and the size of the tracks. Now, i know it's a touring car simulator and I know BTCC races are usually on small/medium sized tracks for a large amount of laps. But when you have to do 25 laps of a tiny circuit in Spain in a car that doesn't particularly sound that nice, it gets pretty boring, especially since the AI are all stupid. By the 3rd lap round i'm 10 seconds ahead of 2nd place, leaving a very boring 23 laps ahead. Maybe I expected too much, I don't know, and it's probably not the amount of laps that annoy me because I love watching and playing Nascar, i'm not sure what it is, I just really didn't think much of it. And don't throw the Nurburgring mod in my face. That's one track and a mod. If I was talking about mods here GTA:SA could be my favourite game because of the "detail of the Toyota Supra and Hamann Gallardo, and the physics of Nomura's ER34".

2.) Gears of War

Well, for X360 the controls suck enough, but for PC they're even worse! Ask any long-time PC Gamer who has played a lot of shooting games in their time and they will all tell you shooting games are better played on PC because of easier and more controls accessible and much more accurate aim. This was DEFINETLY not the case for Gears. Then, when bad controls are paired with online play that only support 4 vs 4 and one of the worst storylines ever, it really shoots into my top 5 worst games list.

1.) Oblivion/Two Worlds

My 1st place award for my worst game ever goes to 2 games, Oblivion & Two Worlds. Now, I don't like games or films that are set wayy back in time in the first place because I find them slightly boring (No guns + No cars = Cry), but when you make them as big as Oblivion and Two Worlds are, that's when it really gets annoying. First, it is not possible to move ANY slower than your character in Two Worlds. I guess that's the reason they give you achievements for finding new places (just travelling). But when you couple a slow character with a huge map, it's like driving a 60s Vespa around the 24h Nurburgring, it's so un-believably long. Not only that, in Two Worlds there really is nothing to do at all, and in Oblivion there is a lot to do, but there is too much and it's boring. It's like Runescape or World of Warcraft, when there is too much to do and too much space, people get addicted, and next thing you know you're calling in work sick for the next two weeks to play them (a hell of a lot of people were doing that when the PS3 and Oblivion came out). But then, after all that time is wasted and the game is completed, what is there to do? NOTHING. You're just stuck with a slow character in a huge map with no aim. And I know there are a hell of a lot of people who love Oblivion, but I guess that's what's different about me and them, I don't like huge maps that take forever to get across, especially when there's really not much to do when you get there.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Yep undercover is going to be awesome

NFS Undercover

Lol. :cheeky:

But yeah, Undercover is the worst game I have played too. Graphics aren't that good and yet there are slowdowns, lagging etc. It's quite repetitive and boring. (Although I must say doing a barrel roll on a Veyron sure was fun :D)

5. Metropolis Street Racer (DreamCast)

SLANDER!

MSR was amazing! the most fun game in the MSR/PGR series by far!

more bad games:

Dance Dance Revolution (Eurgh, humiliating)

Guitar Hero/Rock band (come on, real guitar isnt *that* hard)

Combat Flight Simulator 3 (like IL2 sturmovik but vastly inferior)

M$ Flight Simulator (to me this is boring, and that's comming from a train sim fan. why fly 6 hours to 'america' when the only interesting parts are the first 20 minuites spent taxiing and taking off, and the last 10 minuites spent landing...)

Worms Fortresses (Like the 3D itterations of worms... but crap)

i'm sure theres more, but i CBA remembering them:p

Oh no. Just no.

Gears of War is absolutely astounding, The graphics are fantastic, Code is tightly written, so few bugs, storyline is good enough for a film (infact, they ARE making a Gears of War film) and the gameplay is reasonably good too (Although bit annoying when you're trying to press a switch and end up throwing a grenade instead (Binded to the same button)

But I think the worst game I've ever played is Driver: Parallel Lines. Hated it from the very first level.

NFS Pro street

they took the fun out of the game by removing the cops and realistic customization then you have the fact that youve got supercars doing wheelies and civics doing 5s quater miles im sorry but theres no way in hell.

nfs carbon

bar making drifting easier and improving the vinyl system the custom bodykits etc just went too far and the game overall was a let down.

COD4

in my eyes was a complete let down and destroyed the reputation the series had for being the best war based FPS.

Rainbow six vegas

Absolutely abysmal and did nothing that was promised.

Lost planet

promised cutting edge dx10 graphics and physics and an open massive map to be explored then there is the fact that the AI was crap and nothing ever worked oh and no matter what they did it always either crashed your system or completely crippled your system oh and then the fact that you have to install steam you dont get the option of just a game.

Guest RB26DETT

Oh yeah, Prey is good. Excellent graphics for a 2005/2006 game. It makes me dizzy sometimes though whenever you walk upside down on those walkways. >_<

Hmm... Worst games ive played...

Suzuki Cresent Racing (PS2): Possibly the worst racing game i have played. The riders don't lean into corners, poor graphics ect. The only upside is that it had Sidecars, which not many games have.

Gears of War: Terrible game from my point of view. Bad controls, bad story. Lost the will to play after the first level.

Some of the NFS games (Carbon, Most Wanted).

I almost came close to playing Pinp My Ride for the Xbox 360. Lucky i didn't.

I can't think of anymore at the minute.

Prostreet is in my good books, yeah its not like NFSU and MW but the physics are still half decent compared to some other crap, the drifting is close to if not exactly the same as GRID.

Worst game i've even played hmm;

Seeing most people are posting car games I will join them.

Midnight Outlaw, Illegal Street Drag.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

[admin edit:] Watch your language now.

• 1 month later...