We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Move Over Veyron!!

G3RMAN

With the Veyron, sure you get a couple of mph less - but in the real world that won't make any difference, even going flat out on the autobahns - and as an extra you get extreme luxury. And remember that the Veyron is the bargain of the century. It costs VW a good £5m to build a single car. Yours for £800,000. I seriously would like to know anyone who would rather have an Ultimate Aero as opposed to a Veyron.

Hehe, I laugh occasionally at the fact that the Veyron only beats the 'Eggs by doubling the cylinder and turbocharger count :p

I still find the whole "Bugatti loses 4 million on each Veyron" thing questionable though. First off, if they truly were then why continue building them? Why not do a run of 20 to say I'm better than the rest of you and be done with it? Especially when it is a company with the financial stability of America. The people they are selling to could easily afford the supposed 5 million or so, so why lose money? Surely VW doesn't want to throw money down the crapper. That is like giving away ~200 Golfs to make each one! I really question the truth behind that claim.

But yes, the whole SSC thing is old news.

I'll admit it now, I am also really biased against the general pieces of crap that are American cars.

The Ford GT, Dodge Viper, Chevy Corvette, Chevy Camaro, Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger, Ford GT40(although its british) aren't crap... there are a bunch of others aswell...

wow...how long have we known this? lol

and the Veyron would still be faster if it wasn't limited, which it is.

and neither of them can still compare to the McLaren F1. The McLaren is the only one who deserves the title since it is still the only one of the fastest cars with a naturally aspirated engine. The rest of them need like a butt load of turbos to get them to that speed.

The McLaren F1, XJ220 and F40 were the worlds fastest cars, the F1 used a naturally aspirated engine, the XJ used a V6 with Twin Turbo's which is impressive, the F40 used a V8 with a turbo I think but it was the first production car to break the 200MPH barrier... now if you put the Veyron turbo's in the F1...

I still find the whole "Bugatti loses 4 million on each Veyron" thing questionable though. First off, if they truly were then why continue building them? Why not do a run of 20 to say I'm better than the rest of you and be done with it?.

Production of the Veyron HAS stopped

Er, the CCX had 2 turbos, and the Veyron had 4.

the Veyron weighs 2 tonnes, the CCX is alot lighter, end of story

Production of the Veyron HAS stopped

Production 2005–present

(approx. 300 to be produced)

Bugatti has steadily had to ramp up production' date=' which started at 50 [u'][/u] and is (in true Veyron style) rapidly approaching twice that....Increase production from 85 to 90 this year...the final number will remain 300, of which 220 have already been ordered and 135 produced and delivered to date.

Old, article, but not too old.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/31/bugatti-increases-veyron-production-rate-again/

neither of them can still compare to the McLaren F1. The McLaren is the only one who deserves the title since it is still the only one of the fastest cars with a naturally aspirated engine. The rest of them need like a butt load of turbos to get them to that speed.

Amen! If I got given the choice between a Veyron and a Mclaren F1 I would go for the Mclaren!

Best car ever to be designed. :)

Yeah but a McLaren F1 only needs 750bhp to equal the Veyron. Imagine if someone gave an F1 1000bhp or even 1200bhp, the car would easily take back it's title.

I agree, but, were the Horsepower of the F1 increased to any of the aforementioned numbers, the compression ratio of the engine would be dangerously high, and would be almost guaranteed to blow, were the modifications not done by a responsible tuner or McLaren themselves.

The S70/2 has its limits, no matter how much I hate to admit it...