We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - Early Concept Art/Ingame Screens (not Official) [!UPDATE #5 2009-07-18]

Eudemon

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think and its only my thoughts that this will either be released just before next June When the next E3 expo is or latest next Christmas, so calender dates for next yr June 2010 or Xmas 2010, the stuff that they wanted to put into TDU (1) that they dropped well I think that we can expect some of that is TDU (2) would be cool having to stop for Petrol, having to be able to take your car to a garage and not only get it tuned but you can pick body style and wings and paints and turbos and a whole load of other stuff...

NFS already does that with most of the games that it released...So in all the time that we are waiting we can expect a really good product after all this time?

Further more to this can I add...How many of you went out last yr and got Call of Duty world at war....

And all of you that did how many of you are playing it still to this day and still return to it with the same enthusiasm as you do for TDU... I know that I went and got it and I dont think that I have played on it in months, but then again COD 4 is so much better and I play that everyday in a particular server (Tins)... Now there are some good games coming out over the next couple of months, Dirt 2 & COD Modern Warfare 2 both of which I am getting but in the same breath I am ever watching all the web sites and papers and TV ad's for the slightest mention of a TDU2.

This is one of those driving games that you can never get bored of because of the community that is TDU-C, we are like a mini family some of the guys are really friendly with each other and they are always polite and talk to anyone that comes into the chat box, we are a community and we are TDU without us wanting Eden/Atari to release another title sequel to TDU then why are we always stressing when or where or how or who had the next bit of information on TDU2...

Be sure be confident that they are working on a number 2, there is so much stuff getting leaked and so much info and pics floating around there has to be, what other reason is there especially all the stuff about who is coding and the patents...

Ok I will leave it there sit and think and you will believe and live in the hope of another Island where you fantasies and dreams of driving the best cars in the world will come true.

You praising yourself there Judas? lol

I would really like to see them announce the game on the 3rd birthday of the original TDU, US or PAL release, not bothered but if they do then it's 5 or 8 days away.

NA: 5th September 2006

PAL: 8th September 2006

3 Years, man that's some fast time that's gone by!

In addition to my post 3 or 4 above this...

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Colin Mcrae Dirt 2 has been DELAYED on PC as it is having the coding for DirectX 11 put into the game for Windows 7 and also having games for windows live added...

This is sad news for us on PC but the Xbox, Ps3 ans Wii is still due for release as normal as they dont need the extra coding.

Hello i wrote the article on http://www.tdu-c.de.

What do you mean with "Port games to the Playstation?"?

I didn't tell anything about that and its not a idea from Eden. I just said, Eden have/had many good ideas and not the time to implement all of them.

But you can see in NFS Porsche and TDU that they are able to make good Racing Games for people which doesn't want to drive only race circuits and over pimped cars.

There is a little failure in the translation:

ARTEFACT Studios

worked on the fuel,

I meant the game FUEL from Codemasters.

But thanks for the translation and i hope you enjoyed the article.

Sincerely yours

drivefast

www.tdu-c.de[/url].

What do you mean with "Port games to the Playstation?"?

I didn't tell anything about that and its not a idea from Eden. I just said, Eden have/had many good ideas and not the time to implement all of them.

But you can see in NFS Porsche and TDU that they are able to make good Racing Games for people which doesn't want to drive only race circuits and over pimped cars.

Surely the fact that Eden ported NFS:PU to the playstation only tells you that they're good at porting games to the playstation?

• 2 weeks later...

what about car damage?! is there car damage?!

i know the files whould be huge but plz we need car damage tdu1's is huge! so make tht half keep the best bits from tht map so more space and put damage rendering in the new tdu2 tht is due to come out 2010!

Car games with damage usually = car games without Ferrari's. If they wanna be pompous, just make the Ferrari's indestructable and only allow them to be driven in H mode to try and stop the n00bs who like crashing into others.

Problem solved.

Ferrari has lost a bit of money in always saying our way or no way, developers are starting to walk away from them and just put in other companies. That's another reason I love Lamborghini, they don't give a damn really, of course every game will for the foreseeable future never have damage that effects the passenger zone with real world cars.

I made a poll on the official forums a while ago asking if you could have damage but lose Ferrari would you do so? The result was an overwhelming NO. Nowadays I after MCLA and now GT having the famous Prancing horse I wonder if people would want damage now more than Ferrari.

No even real damage but merely cosmetic and the odd splutter type thing. MCLA damage would be very welcome by me anyway. :D

Why should Lambo care? I've seen so many real life photos of them burning IRL let along in games - even featured on TopGear last season :)

There's no Ferrari's in Shift, and since it's a racing game, you could say I miss them a bit. There a plenty of cars we already miss in TDU though. NFS 3 and 4 had Ferrari's, but you couldn't choose them in a Hot Pursuit race - probably along the same line of reasoning as damage (although if I recall correctly NFS 4 had damage, Ferrari's included). TDU2 would be best off not having Ferrari's to start off with, then add them later on without damage so that other companies hopefully don't complain.

Anyway, I'm off to install NFS4 now so I can smash some Ferrari's up :D

Ferrari's own (horribly arcade-y, I must add) game basically says it all:

• They don't want damage.
  • They don't want police.
  • They don't want the wrong potential customers getting a bad impression (ie: their extremely arcade-oriented game had so many assists you could almost drive around the track without steering; literally.)

That's "Ferrari Virtual Race," by the way. I'm guessing Ferrari one of the main reasons GT5 will have damage on some, but not all, cars. It's a bad plan, really, for Ferrari.

More and more games are getting damage, and Ferrari really should realize that some of the gaming generation will end up being potential customers (though, admittedly, not many), and if they continue to shy away from games where there is damage, those potential customers will go to Lamborghini, Porsche, and now Nissan (the GT-R), ignoring Ferrari's treasured heritage in favor of dream cars they are more familiar with.

-Leadfoot