We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - Early Concept Art/Ingame Screens (not Official) [!UPDATE #5 2009-07-18]

Eudemon

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah he means TDU and next Test Drive basically. I also found the artist who was trying to hide away the ingame shots BADNED posted, he only left the Aston Martin shot though, the other 2 it looks like he deleted or has moved them elsewhere.

That one guys CV where he talks about TEST DRIVE ???????????? and the work he's doing from this year is very interesting though.

Also do you like my new sig?

This IS my most anticipated game ever! And I've been gaming since the ice age.

Yeah... but let's hope it can be pulled off too.... and not end up like other anticipated games that sucked!!!!!! Such as..... The Sims 3

:imwithstupid:

It was a fail.... I looked foward to it, but... epic fail! Too much & not the right place to moan about it.... :D

Cheers

RD

[mod edit:] Please don't use ** to circumvent the swear/obscenity filter, thanks!

Man this is crazy, off-road? Motorbikes? SUV's and 4x4's? BRING'EM ALL :twisted: I can't wait for this game.

The driving school sounds a good idea and looking at the ConceptArt images, it just makes me wanna plat the game now, I love those off-road courses :D

:thumbsup:

Here is a Translation from above the cars:

After the search over Rabcat and other third offerers, which developed/modelled different things for TDU, still a few interesting things emerged. Before all Krysalide has few beautiful things made, which were unfortunately void, among other things should probably Adidas participate, it gave Suzuki and Yamaha an etc.

This Translation is from where the cars finish:

It is however not said that these vehicles were meant for TDU at all, is only a small overview of the projects of the company to represent. CCJA - > over those I could not find nothing at all Melbourne House Those exist unfortunately not more (Krome is now studio Melbourne), from there are also not well-known, for which they were responsible. Virtuos Ltd. Unknown whereby helped. Then there were still isolated private third offerers, over whom there was nothing to find. Here again the whole Credits, with all involved ones. Then the still following is located in the data base of TDU: -

{BoatTrip} 5347472 -

{SIMULATION MODE ACTIVATES} 59066810 -

{Pursuit} 57643641 -

{Driving running} 59643641 -

{Team running} 60643641 -

{Hotspots} 61643641 -

{Pursuit} 62643641 -

{Flag hunt} 53743641 -

{It is a Katz and mouse play, and who mouse is longest, wins. } 61706641 -

{When this running the team must win.} 62706641 -

{Each team must conquer and to its basis return the flag of the opposing team. } 53806641 -

{2 teams fight to head at head. The OUTLAWS must escape from the COWBOYS.} 54806641

To her do not see thus Eden has of much thought, unfortunately let itself everything convert. Who knows still NFS Porsche, white however to which Eden is able and thus remains simply to hope that it can become only better in TDU 2. One is missing also still. Who can itself still to the competition: " Fuel element A Car Designer" remind? I think one can be completely glad that the winner vehicle is missing in TDU, since it does not fit simply the style in TDU, but is simply too futuristic it. I think the other vehicles would have still rather fit. But it remains nevertheless a feature, which is missing in such a way.

*I hope this helps*

This is Direct quote and is word for word, this is the way the German is translated to English unfortunately it sometimes looks gobbaldygook!!!

translation

as I do speak german, here's the translation if anyone interested.

The title says:

Dropped features from TDU

After a search for RABCAT and other third party developers, who have developed certain elements for TDU, some interesting things have surfaced.

Especially KRYSALIDE came up with some nice designs, that unfortunately got dropped. At some stage there was talk about ADIDAS, Suzuki, Yamaha etc. taking part.

ARTEFACT Studios

worked on the fuel, responsible for traffic cars amongst others.

AMC

worked on traffic cars

If you click on 'does' on the car ( think he means the AMC website ) you get pictures of the following cars:

It is not certain that these cars where ever meant for TDU, they are just a showcase for the companies abilities.

CCJA

I couldn't find anything about them

MELBOURNE HOUSE

They don't exist any more ( is now KROME STUDIOS MELBOURNE ), I could not find out what they were responsible for in TDU.

VIRTUOS LTD

Not known what they were helping with

There were a few other third party developers and private contributors I couldn't find anything about.

Written intto the database in TDU:

{BoatTrip} 5347472

-{SIMULATION MODE ACTIVE} 59066810

-{PURSUIT} 57643641

-{EXPLORATION RACE} 59643641

-{TEAM RACE} 60643641

-{Hotspots} 61643641

-{PURSUIT AGAIN} 62643641

-{FLAG RACE} 53743641

-{CAT AND MOUSE, WHOEVER CAN STAY MOUSE THE LONGEST WINS } 61706641

-{A RACE FOR THE WHOLE TEAM} 62706641

-{EACH TEAM HAS TO CAPTURE THE FLAG OF THE OTHER TEAM AND RETURN IT TO THEIR BASE. } 53806641

-{2 TEAMS GO HEAD TO HEAD THE OUTLAWS HAVE TO ESCAPE FROM THE COWBOYS} 54806641

You see EDEN was thinking about many things, unfortunately not everything could be implemented. The ones who remember NFS Porsche will know what EDEN can do, so here's hoping that things can only get better in TDU 2.

this is the whole translation until he gets to the car design compettiton with the futuristic car, the winner of which ( thankfully ) had been dropped from the game too.