We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Cop Car ideas and other suggestions :)

T0M722

Hey Everyone,

I was looking through what people think they should include in next TDU and i decided on a few things such as:

-I would love it if cops were available online and other people could see you being chased by cops

-There were more ways cops could chase you like if u go on wrong side of road and they're watching or if you speed when they're watching.

-There could be speed cameras and you could get tickets at busy intersections and such.

-Cop cars were actual real cars like corvettes or mustangs like in NFS Most Wanted.

-Other cars were real cars like Mitsu's and Toyota etc.

-BMW IS INCLUDED!!

-I know this has already beeen said but other people have had great ideas like tire wear, petrol stations and refuelling, blown engine etc.

-When you get put in jail it should set a timer for around 5mins maybe..

Thanks everyone, tell me what you think of these suggestions!!:thumbsup::)

• 3 weeks later...

it would be cool if there were different types for each part of the island(s).... you know something like normal vehicles on city roads, fast cars on freeways and SUV's off the road since off road racing is announced... :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

the aspen colorado police had a countach for a while, the utah highway patrol had a SS Camaro, and i know that some states did have corvettes as patrol cars, just not many of them. i think they were the cars they would drive in parades, and show at community fairs and stuff like that

also the cop cars should follow you off road rather than sticking to the road because it makes it to easy to evade them. as well as that they should have more than a max of 3 cars as it is meant to be set in America so this is unrealistic as American pursuits have masses of vechiles involved. they should also be able to get motorbike policeman so that if you are on a bike it is more of a fair pursuit as a bike can easily escape from a car.

The idea of a police helicopter is brilliant! :D Normally when you have one or two stars on TDU then you have a few cars following you but if you drive and drive then it's quite easy to escape them.

My development of the helicopter idea would be that, as someone else suggested, you should only have at most three cars EVER following you. Once you reach the maximum amount of stars then a helicopter would take off from a specific point on the island (the prison/police hq probably). If you manage to escape the cop cars before the heli catches up with the chase then you get away with it ;) . However if the heli catches up with you then no matter what you do, the police will never lose you and you're going to end up in prison.

Whaddya think? :)

Also, yes we should definitely have some real cars as police cars! Not as detailed as the player owned ones as that would have too big a dint on game performance.

I recently found out that Hawaii has a unique "system" that they use for police cars. Many police cars in Hawaii are actually privately owned, so although they have "regular" American police cars, they have a random assortment of privately owned on patrol (Mustangs, Camaros, Mercedes, Audi, etc...).

I think it would be neat to have random "privately owned" police cars drive around as well. Maybe to make it more unique, give us players an opportunity to make one of our cars a police car. When their cars are active, they must have some of their lights on "steady burn," meaning their lights don't flash, they are just on. Maybe before we leave the garage, we can drive it around for fun or have the lights on "steady burn" and try to stop other players. Just a thought...

In terms of the use of sports cars as police cars in real life, most cars used were taken in on drug busts. However, there are some sports cars that were made specifically for law enforcement. Camaro's and Mustangs primarily were made with this package option. I don't know what Chevrolet called it, but Ford called it the "Special Service Package" (also known as "SSP"). There is a strong following of these cars as a hobby. Only reason I know is because I'm involved in it! Although I'm not in law enforcement, I've always enjoyed having the option to be on both ends in the game, both "the good" and "the bad!"

Just another idea... don't expect this one to make it in, but I'm sure there are others out there that will think it would be a great option!

• 3 weeks later...

I love all the ideas of the initial post. Any ideas that make the game more realistic are always good. I especially think it would be great to have:

- Police available online and everyone seeing it

- Police stopping from speeding and other things mentioned (driving on wrong side etc)

- Damage model and having to take the car for a repair. If car is too damaged, then a tow truck would take it to repair (it would cost)

- Fuel consumption, and the need to refuel at fuel station.

Good old TDU

Sorry to say this but... wouldn't it sort of get annoying if you have it like nfs? I mean, isn't it sort of annoying how in cop games that every 2 secs you speed you get cops on you? You couldn't do nice small drives with another person on undulating mountain roads without someone getting chased by police? What would be the point of ferrari's and lambo's and all those great and beautiful cars out there....if you could only use them on the tracks and races? Really....Also, wouldn't it get annoying trying to find the next fuel station? I'm happy with the TDU we have, and all i want is a little more graphics, better traffic.... and off roading. :thumbsup: Dont mean to offend or hurt anyone's feelings, but TDU isn't about cops or fuel, its about DRIVING.... And videogames lately have strayed a little to far from that. (NFS Series)

I do like the way 5pt0JoeSHO is thinking... That would be fun... ONLY if you could select it on and off.....Espesically if it was online.

I can just imagine this....

Thanks for agreeing! I have a suggestion too.... BIGGER SERVERS! If we are going to have online cops, lets have alot more people available to run from, chase, and race... 8 people is ok, but 16 or 24 would be cool. And yes, there should be an on/off button. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I was also thinking about the "what do cops stop you for" ideas... There should be a menu with check boxes where you can select a random assortment of things. Like...

[X] Excessive Speeding

[X] Wreckless Driving (local endangerment)

[X] Running red lights and stop signs

ETC...

This way it could also enable players to do what they want, when they want. I know somedays I feel like taking a stroll around the island and others I feel like testing out the cars, doing 200+mph where I can. Something like this could make it more realistic for when I'm in that "real life" gaming mode.

• 2 weeks later...
I was also thinking about the "what do cops stop you for" ideas... There should be a menu with check boxes where you can select a random assortment of things. Like...

[X] Excessive Speeding

[X] Wreckless Driving (local endangerment)

[X] Running red lights and stop signs

ETC...

This way it could also enable players to do what they want, when they want. I know somedays I feel like taking a stroll around the island and others I feel like testing out the cars, doing 200+mph where I can. Something like this could make it more realistic for when I'm in that "real life" gaming mode.

Good Thinking!;)

Here is some photos i dug up of some Florida State Patrol cars

some are a bit old. The tank is a recent photo:D

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr24/TrackManiaMon/Florida%20State%20Troopers/?start=0

Good Thinking!;)

Here is some photos i dug up of some Florida State Patrol cars

some are a bit old. The tank is a recent photo:D

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr24/TrackManiaMon/Florida%20State%20Troopers/?start=0

Thanks for sharing the link! The FHP Mustang SSP that you have in the picture at a car show, the guy who built that did an incredible job. He spared no expense. Put a stroked 347 in it with some insane amount of horsepower. If I had the money, I almost purchased that one! I recognized the unit number and all of the tacks on the dash! I know the owner through the Special Service Mustang Owner's Association (we're in the club together).

I'm also a fan of the Mercury Marauder and Ford Expedition (which I think both of them should make TDU2)! I will have to admit, my favorite picture though is the FHP Mustang Go-Kart! That is insane! I want it so bad!:thumbsup:

You can see why I favor the Mustang and Expedition... this is my "Ford Police Vehicle" collection... a Texas DPS Highway Patrol SSP Mustang (will me painted original black and white this winter), my 2003 Expedition SSV (Special Service Vehicle) used by California as an investigation vehicle that I use to two my SSP around, and my 1 of 2 known surviving Massachusetts State Police SSP Mustang!

6732_509910539694_166300605_30320665_3144289_n.jpg

Sorry for getting sidetracked, but I get excited every time I talk about cars!

Sorry for getting sidetracked, but I get excited every time I talk about cars!

I understand completely:D

i want to also have some FBI marked vehicles.

this is a little far off but if after your crash into another and then you come back to the scene of the crime there will be an ivestigation going on at the wreck.

if online players can see cops that you see then this would be a problem, another player comes driving down the road and ends up crashing into your crime scene:confused:

Maybe not a good idea

but gives us something to talk about =)

bit off subject but i want to have big wheels that can drive over road blocks

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr24/TrackManiaMon/RedCorvette.jpg

• 3 months later...

I want two things in relation to cops.

1) I want to be able to be the cop, and chase my friends. Go through Police Acadamy training, start off assisting the AI, then after getting certain achievements, becoming the seargant in charge of the pursuits, the one who can call for backup, roadblocks, spike strips, helicopter, shoot tyres, etc.

2) Cruise/race with friends, then accidentally run into cops, be it AI or other players, where the cops chase us as a group, then as we split up, they have to choose who they will target. Your friends, sensing that they've evaded can then come back to help crash out the cops for you, or crash you out to try and help the cops. This shouldn't have to be a specific cops'n'robbers game mode, but just built in. Options can be made available so that players can opt out of Cop mode, where their server won't have any user police, only AI.

Instead of just always seeing KENNEK43 online, I'd see a trail of police cars behind him as well :)

Doesn't have to be massive, just a few training exercises, missions, achievements. The last good cop game I played that had this stuff was Worlds Scariest Police Chases, which was on the PSX in the 1990's. Crash Time III (on Steam) is also very good, but not quite the same (well worth the $20 price tag, though).

• 2 weeks later...