We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

Guest MrLolololXD
I still can't get a 60 % paint correction even with a heavy compound and yellow hex pads. I'm either doing something bad or the paint is as hard as I don't know what. Most likely it's both.

Could have ceramic clear if that's the case.

Switched to non-runflat tires finally, Michelins. Right after they were mounted on, we felt some vibrations going through the steering, so it went back to the service and there we found out that three wheels are bent. I'm not surprised, though. The roads here are just horrible. But damn, what a difference in comfort with the non-RFTs...

The ride was the main reason. Runflats are in general much worse compared to regular tires in terms of ride comfort as they are more reinforced. On good roads you won't feel the difference much, but on bad surface with potholes and such... it's night and day. There have been improvements made in the RFT technology over the years obviously, according to the owners who have got those new gen tires it's way better than it used to be a few years ago.

I have had a ride in an F30 with adaptive dampers and 19" RFTs and compared to our E91 on 17" you feel like you're floating, haha. On the other hand, it was not as good as the ol' good wagen when driving more aggresively or spirited.

Swapping the runflats to non-RFTs does not have any real disadvantages. It does (at least) retain the good attributes and improves the bad things. In general, they're more expensive than their regular siblings. Cheaper and lighter as well.

We have a jack, tire seal kit I think and a little foot air pump.