We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

If you've got an opinion I'd like to hear it. Which of the DSG paddle extensions (if any) shows here would look best on my car?

2011-11-24%252014.19.59.jpg

The shifters behind the wheel are too small and so are inaccessible when steering. Not sure if 3M tape is the best solution though.

As someone who is a tad more resourceful when clicking links ( :cheeky: ), I recommend this one. Maybe it's the similarity to the G25 or Ferrari paddles, but simplicity seems best, especially since you already have stainless steel parts already (and carbon is just tacky). :)

How often do you drive with the hand controls? :)

Oh, not much... :whistle: On long drives I usually experiment a little, and it's great for slow traffic when your foot gets tired of sitting on the brake pedal.

Sweet :) Dad seems funny :cheeky:

:)

-Leadfoot

It's not the same (esp in TDU), but it is a good head start to get the co-ordination happening. Then it's only a matter of a few minutes to an hour to get used to a particular car. Every car drives different. NFS is probably the best game (ProStreet or Shift) to test your clutch skills on. In TDU you can push the clutch pedal down 2 millimeters and you could change gear. I hope TDU2 adds more realism in this respect.

Was just reading through the past pages...

sure about that ryzza^^

meh, I was expecting them to improve on TDU1, not aspire to be as good as it.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Sounds good to me. In no rush to get them at this stage. Will see if anyone else has had success with the 3M adhesive solution.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My supercharger has been making a nice wooshing sound recently - only I've discovered the cause isn't quite so nice, nor is the drop in power:

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Hoping to grab a replacement from another damaged Golf from some garage on the cheap, or I'd get some performance silicone replacements if I could find them for my car in the right shape, since VW reckon a new stock one would cost $130.

Pictures of your car.

Hey all, just setting this up because theres a similar thread at another forum I go to. Basically, when you take new pictures of your car or someone else does/you have someone take pictures of your car, post them up here :)

I went out to the somewhat rural area near my house yesterday, found a quiet road and took these. My first somewhat real shoot. I have photoshopped them all, but only slightly. Well, some more than others, I had to fix some over exposure on some. But yeah.

This is my 1994 Toyota AE94 Corolla seca. Only modifications are the front lip, which is off an MX83 Toyota Cressida, cut to fit, a new stereo head unit, and the removal of the horrible standard hub caps.

edit: LOL, oh and the grill, and the fake TRD badge. And i took all the badges and stickers off to make it look cleaner.

Modifications to come SOON are painted headlight surrounds (black), painted grill (white), rear spoiler from the much better, 4AGE powered SX model, second hand wheels from the Suzuki Swift GTI that my brother had, and lower springs. Hopefully all of that before the end of the month lol.

For the future, well... I dunno, to be honest. I've been wanting the front bumper from the JDM FX GT since I first saw it, and I want to do a 4AGE and manual transmission swap (I might wait til its legal for me to drive boosted cars and go for the supercharged 4AGZE instead though).

Brand wheels would be nice, thinking Volk TE37V, RS Watanabe Type R or BBS RS.

Anyhoo, my pictures.

6849720962_c7254341a7_b.jpg

6849725226_8dc089f7eb_b.jpg

6995857623_e68072abf2_b.jpg

6849773348_f5e268dfbf_b.jpg

6995893939_0bac96ca62_b.jpg

6995884405_630f546ac5_b.jpg

6849756516_8b6f93291d_b.jpg

6849751514_5185e0f24a_b.jpg

6995871521_c51a67295c_b.jpg

6849736850_21c4abd09c_b.jpg

6849739038_dcb8384c6f_b.jpg

So go on, post up your latest pics, talk about your car a bit. :)