We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

No offense but he's from america, they hardly have/like/know manual transmissions there. xD

No seriously, could be he's totally not used to stick-shift cars, it is America after all. Could be he needs quite a while to get used to them and refine shifting moments etc.

Btw, here in holland it's a bit more extreme, if you pass practice exam with an automatic gearbox (and now also EV's), you get that marked on your license to show you're NOT allowed to drive manual cars.

Ah, why would be the M5 F10 (and E60) with 6 MT sold in the States and not in Europe? :mhmm:

Learning in a car with MT is the best way how to learn driving. My sister has done about 4000 km with her boyfriend's cars (a GLK and an A6) and she still can't drive our E91, just because it has a manual gearbox. :fp:

Another picture of my baby. My graduation gift was the title to this car. She is officially mine and I am truly blessed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17691[/ATTACH]

Very nice. :D I've always been a C4 guy myself, but you know, not bad. :cheeky: j/k Manual or auto? And what engine?

-Leadfoot

Wow. I expect plenty more photos. And videos. And stats. :p

;475308']Very nice. :D I've always been a C4 guy myself, but you know, not bad. :cheeky: j/k Manual or auto? And what engine?

-Leadfoot

No worries, I will have more pictures soon. The engine is the original L48 small block V8 that it left the factory with. It's a 350ci pushing something like 250hp. And while 250hp doesn't sound like much from a V8, the car weighs basically nothing, so it doesn't take much to get it going ;) It is an automatic, manual 1977s are super hard to find, and usually command about a 40% higher price.

I wouldn't even care if that was auto, those are good cruisers anyway, NICE car mate :) Looks proper mint.

Thanks! I really appreciate it. She is a fantastic cruiser. She was freshly painted back in March and just got a carburetor rebuild last week. So as of now, she is running good as new. There is no feeling like jumping in the car on a sunny day and blasting around the lake. It is one of the most relaxing things in the world.

Just test drove a 270-wheel horsepower Subaru Legacy. 21 pounds of boost, and a basically unmuffled exhaust. Hopefully a number of things come together over the next week... :nuts: It's awesome.

The incredible thing was the driveability. It's a very powerful car, and when you step on it, it really gets going (like "40 to 70 in under two seconds" going) but driving normally, it's just like my parents' Legacies. A tad noisier, of course, but very refined. It's also on coilovers, and although the ride is stiffer, it's not uncomfortable in normal situations.

It needs nothing, but if everything comes together, I would probably get larger wheels (it has these brilliant 18-inch BBS reps now, but he's keeping those), paint the front clip, and try to source a stock shifter assembly (not a fan of the short-throw). But like it said, it really needs nothing. :)

-Leadfoot

Nice mate :) I like a good legacy, its like a more socially acceptable impreza :cheeky:

The only thing bugging me about what you said is how you said "it really needs nothing", I think I'd rather say "It doesn't really need anything else". Still not great, but better :)

Sorry to nitpick >.<

Nice mate :) I like a good legacy, its like a more socially acceptable impreza :cheeky:

The only thing bugging me about what you said is how you said "it really needs nothing", I think I'd rather say "It doesn't really need anything else". Still not great, but better :)

Sorry to nitpick >.<

Fine, how about "It needs little more than a quick respray on the front clip?" :cheeky:

-Leadfoot

Spent an hour or two changing my car bluetooth unit (from 9W3 to 9W7) so that I can stream music/audio from my phone, and also wanted an excuse to fix a wiring issue that was preventing voice control from working from when I installed the old bluetooth unit 2 years ago, not that I ever use voice control - by the time you push the button for VC you might as well have just pressed the button for the function you wanted). Now I can fire up TuneIn Radio on my phone and listen to BBC4 while driving :p

Took some pics to help other VW owners:

20120616_142713.jpg

Fig 1: Remove 4x T20 screws for RNS510, and 4x T20 screws for climate control.

20120616_142928.jpg

Fig 2: Pull the climate controls out a tad and the old 9W3 BT unit is revealed, surrounded in foam to prevent vibrations. Rotate and slide out, then disconnect BT.

20120616_143235.jpg

Fig 3: Some tricky locks on most of those cables to make removing them just that little bit harder (easier if you've done it before). My reverse camera video cable was short, making it even harder for me to get my hand in there. Given that that's the most recent part I installed I'm surprised I didn't give myself more room, unless the cable wasn't long enough. to start with.

20120616_143824.jpg

Fig 4: Photo of the labels for future reference. Purchased this one nearly 2 years ago now. Now that I actually look at the label I can see the AUX pins (1, 2, and 7). That's where my AUX-IN cable is connected (3 harnesses away though).

20120616_144216.jpg

Fig 5: Ummmm, which witch is which again? :p One is the original car connector, one is the MDI retrofit harness that I added, and another is for the BT.

20120616_150606.jpg

Fig 6: Got everything connected and hid the other two harnesses below the bracket that the HU rests on (otherwise you won't be able to push it back far enough). Original car QLC plugs into MDI QLC plugs into BT QLC plugs into the RNS510. I had the MDI and BT harnesses around the other way before since my old 9W3 BT harness didn't have as many wires passing through).

20120616_150947.jpg

Fig 7: Connect everything back up for testing, don't screw in until you know everything works. I had no audio going to the speakers first time, which had me confused as to what I couldn't connected incorrectly. As I went to unplug a QLC in the chain I heard another click, one of the connectors in that QLC must've popped out, worked fine after that.

20120616_151303.jpg

Fig 8: Finding my phone. Didn't ask for a PIN which was strange/interesting.

20120616_152420.jpg

Fig 9: Verify ID3 tags are displayed and track skipping works. Brilliant. 5K0___ is the unit you want, to reconfirm.

Replace screws (be careful when trying to insert the side screws for the climate controls, easy to drop them) and replace trim. Go for a drive if you've been using the accessories/DRLs for ~1 hour to make sure you don't flatten the battery. Even when I turned my light switch to off there were still some lights on (parkers or DRL).

This is my real baby. Its a 1929 Ford Model A. Its been in my family for about 30 years and my parents have had it for as long as I can remember. Theres been a lot of problems with it and it hsan't been driven in a couple years. When it has worked though, it is a lot of fun to be in.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17726[/ATTACH]

Crazy finnish people :D