We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

135i = Beautie!

Ja!

The 135i, a wolf if sheeps clothing! Why i love it. :D

Much better than the sales guy I had, he was more interested in flogging me a diesel, Auto with a ton of extras than anything else, even after me saying I wanted the petrol & it had to be a manual! (the sheet I left with with all the payment plan & spec up still had 316d on it...)Typical of German dealers in the UK though from what I've gathered...Still may try my luck with the new 135i if i can.

I don't go to stealerships much, so I can't tell... Diesels are everywhere. There was not any petrol vehicle in the stealership - 320d, 125d, 330xd, M550xd, 525xd etc. Everything is diesel and xDrive.

Does sound nice :nods:

Manual in a 1 series with a 6 cyl should be plenty of fun if you're going to accelerate :nods:

I do like the colour :nods:

I do agree no xenon is not really clever :nods:

I do however think your 3 series is a much better and more practical car as a family car and if you do buy that 135i, once the hype about the powerful engine goes down you'll start to moan about things in which it's worse than your 3 series. The looks are not that great.

However if it is a 2nd car then it's a great lovely toy^^

The E91 is almost perfect. Parents have had two cars since I was born. The Vito is going away as we don't need a big van anymore. Originally it was planned that mom would be have an F20 118d, dad the 320d and everyone expect me would be happy. Then it was a 118iA, then a 125i Coupe, and now the 135i. And we all know that daily driving a thirsty 300hp coupe isn't economically great... Who knows what'll happen.

I like the design. It sort of reminds me off the old 2002.

Nearly test drove one of those - except the stupid sales manager took it out to get his lunch and I wasn't going to wait for him to return. My main dislike was perceived value/price (probably a lot cheaper in Europe). The car was specced worse than a Hyundai and they wanted over $60k for it.

Congrats on the purchase :)

I believe those cars are overpriced. They want €34k for a two years old 135 and 56,000 km. €39,000 for a 2013 135i with 20,000 on the clock. 125i's aren't much cheaper, M135's cost about the same. The car we test drove is a total bargain compared to others due to it not having xenons. But it is totally fully loaded except front parking sensors. 8/2012 and 16,000 kms. Retrofitting the xenons costs about €2,000.

BTW, we did not purchase it. Hold on, mate. :p

Not surprised about your mum not liking the color, once you see one of these in Valencia Orange, you pretty much fall in love. I did, at least.

I got up to 195 on an uphill on a busy bahn test driving the Golf at around 6pm, so it's not really that hard unless you're in the wrong lane. It's all about flashing those high beams. There was some old poop in a brown PT Cruiser chugging his old shoe along on the inside lane, no less.

Lightness of tools is very Germanic. Those will only get lighter as new cars come, and I'm very surprised how people still go for flappy paddles and automatics because of that (apart from those improving along as well, but nevermind). New manuals are an absolute gas to drive, and I thought even my 15-year-old Golf is surprisingly pleasant in that respect. Apart from the crunch in first. If your parents DO end up getting it, and I sincerely hope they do, actually invite me along next time. I can't believe we had both come so far and were so close, I could have driven past you!

I've seen a Valencia Orange and an Alpine White 1 M and must say I liked AW more. There was a damaged US spec VO 1 M in Osnabrück, was sold just yesterday. You should have bought that one instead.

We're not sure about the color, yeah. It's too dark and too 'heavy' for such car. Le Mans Blue is way better.

Did 210 once I think on the A4 from Zwickau to Erfurt. I don't the names but it was around those cities. It's either road works, speed limits, seniors in Golfs or trucks that are slowing you down.

BMW manuals are pretty hard to shift for most people, or at least that's what I've heard. It was pain in the arse to change gears when we got the E91. After few thousands of kilometres it was fine. But true that they're getting lighter. I need to do some research on the gearbox, the salesman said it's normal that it is light. Quite strange if you ask me.

The world is small, and it would be even smaller if we had met. Maybe you've seen a white M Sport E91? Not quite common in that spec even in Germany. I'll let you know, of course, if we get it. You really want to drive it, do you.

Funny, my mum is looking at the 1-Series Coupe now because VW aren't doing much to help her get into a MK7 Golf. She's not looking at getting a petrol though, I agree she probably needs a diesel due to her annual mileage. I didn't think it was too bad in the back of the 1-Series Coupe though, I had some space left over even with the front seat back to how the person in front wanted it and I'm not exactly short. I did get her interested in the new shape 125D despite its ungainly looks, then I found an Estoril Blue 120D that she also liked and is in her price range (same price as the previous generation 1-Series Coupe :s ) so I'm hoping she might want to look at that and not go any lower than a 120D. I made her laugh evilly when I told her it had the same power output as my step-dad's 330D :p

They had a Imola Red 135i with beige leather and nav at the dealer we visited which I really, really liked, but 50 miles a day at 30MPG or less will probably naff me off no matter how good the car is.

220d is what she wants. I bet it will be a lovely car. I do like the looks of it but too expensive for us at the moment. Would have to wait another year or two.

Congrats MB, I have to say that the latest gen BMWs are great, they have nice driving and are very quiet (my dad owns an F30). But nothing compares to a six-pot under the hood, they sound it's just amazing and you feel the power!

Hayley, nice Golf! I have to agree, and say that it is one of the best good looking gen of Golfs ;)

Okay it might not be a 135i (One of the most good looking cars out there!)

But hey! It's going to be my new ride!

Not an actual pic of it, since the car will be arriving in January 2014 and I want to share it with you guys, it might be the same colour (had to chose between this gray and graphite, prefer the latest). It's the 1.6 manual SE. Here, the SE version is the "base" and I said it with " " because it has great equipment indeed. The only difference between this and the top notch Titanium version is that this comes with satnav, parking sensor, leather seats and some more things that make it a bit more expensive (US $3000, which it's quite expensive down here) and they don't justify the price.

So.. Farewell my '97 Fiat Palio 1.6 which was my mom's since I got memory :P

BlobServer?blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobcol=urldata&blobwhere=1214437785801&blobkey=id

Thats much more than i'm getting out the Civic at the moment! :lol:

My problem is my car seems to do no less than 45MPG, even if I spend a week booting the thing all over the place, so I'd probably start suffering from depression as soon as I touched the accelerator in a 3-litre petrol :p

In terms of BMW gearboxes I didn't really have any problems with them until it came to selecting reverse gear, but I had a quick play with a 6-speed manual box on the weekend and I've got the hang of reverse now. The pedal layout is something I'm still yet to get used to as they're a little off-set compared to the 306 and anything else I've driven.

Mom isn't happy we decided to buy it, haha. We didn't even tell her how much HP it has.

I checked the VIN code, it has got everything: Harman/Kardon (which I'm very happy for), electric seats with memory and lumbar support, Navigation system Professional with all the ConnectedDrive things, sunroof (meh...), light package, Active Steering (which gets mixed reviews...) and on and on. So everything you can get, EXCEPT front parking sensors and xenon lights. Retrofitting them costs a lot, but we're definitely doing them as halogens are just bad. Very bad. Also, I have to dig through hell of a lot of forum threads about it now, plus to find every part we need (there are for example four versions of tailights, two for halogens and two for xenons!) and lastly someone who knows coding. Maybe I can learn how to code at home?

Oh, and don't forget the winter tire/wheel setup.

Maybe I can learn how to code at home?

Do it :D You'll enjoy it and you'll set the car to your mood whenever you want :p

However you're keeping the 3er right?

The consumption of the 135i is nearly as high as our car's which is utter crap if you're going to drive as your daily car. The tight space will also mean people will hit their feet everywhere when you give someone a ride / when someone else enters your car's rear (and I know you also hate to see cars dirty / treated with no care) ^^

I bet you can't wait until you have your license so you can give yourself some smiling when you're bored haha :p

can you pm me the car's vin scan? (the extras and stuff, not the vin code ofc^^)

Do it :D You'll enjoy it and you'll set the car to your mood whenever you want :p

However you're keeping the 3er right?

The consumption of the 135i is nearly as high as our car's which is utter crap if you're going to drive as your daily car. The tight space will also mean people will hit their feet everywhere when you give someone a ride / when someone else enters your car's rear (and I know you also hate to see cars dirty / treated with no care) ^^

I bet you can't wait until you have your license so you can give yourself some smiling when you're bored haha :p

can you pm me the car's vin scan? (the extras and stuff, not the vin code ofc^^)

Of course we're keeping it, the Vito is going and it'll be a very very sad moment. :(

Parents work together, but as my dad goes to work earlier and back home later than mom, they both need two cars. But maybe that will change as the 135i's MPG is... uhm... as high as you'd expect from a turbo I6. 14.4 l/100km was the consumption we got on the short test drive. :whistle: The car is small, inside and out. It has its pros and cons, of course. I'm circa 187-88 cm high, so it wasn't easy to get in the back with my dad sitting in front of me. But truth be told, the E91 isn't very spacious in the rear too. I can barely sit behind me, when I adjust the front seat for me. 2 people are maximum in the E82, 4 in the E91. I've told them that many times. :evil: I hope my dad will change his attitude on looking after cars. I know he loves everything that has a combustion engine, we would't have had bought that car if he wasn't. I'm an obsessive OCD with no money to spend on detailing products that our car desperately needs. Gaaahhhhh, better to stop talking about that.

Mom said they won't let me drive it because it has got some power (she knew it had more ponies than usual, just doesn't know the exact number :twisted:). But I'm not stupid and I know where my limits will be, so the E91 is going to be my learner car. Still not bad at all, isn't it.

About the coding:

Well, I've read pretty much a lot of threads about coding and guys do it at home but it was rather "easy" coding - auto folding windows and mirrors, DRL's etc. However, there are a few DIY's on retrofitting xenons. It won't be easy, though. You need to deal with some hardware, too, at least the auto-levelling sensor located at the back of the car must be installed as well as headlight washers and modules and whatnot.

Yeah, I know a fair amount of E82/E9x owners have aftermarket DEPO's but they look... well, not so perfect. And I don't if they are legal here. People have cheap Polish HID's on their Octavias and old Audis, but I don't want something illegal and cheap-looking on such a machine. Definitely staying with OEM bi-xenons. We know it's expensive, I presume between 2 and 3 thousands €. Still with the future retrofit, the cheapest similar 135's available now are about 2k more.

I might make my own thread to not spam this one with bullpoop info and long essays.

Message not related to boobs but to other kinds of sexyness

Don't worry. My parents (my mother in particular) say that I won't be allowed to drive the bmw until I'm experient because it's large, powerful, difficult to resist the urge to drive fast, big, blablablbla. So I'll be driving the caddy until I drive my parents on the BMW long enough for them to gain confidence.

Again, I know my limits so I won't be flooring any car I drive until I feel confident and at ease in any situation.

:hi5: tom^^

Yeah, I guess we both have 3rd world problems of not being allowed to drive fast bimmers. You're stuck with a TDI Caddy, people will think you're a greengrocer. :ym: And in the wagon I'll be a spoiled 18yo idiot with daddy's family cocain hauler. :(

nah, not a greengrocer, those are usually white with stickers on them.

Ours is a metallic gray :p Hey, 1.9 TDi caddy (being a light vehicle when unloaded) is pretty fast, trust me^^

It's just really noisy :( But it drives great^^ No shame in driving a caddy :p

edit: speaking of caddy, the other day "our" A6 drove itself to our driveway and it was soo great to see it sitting there, felt ours again :p

Shame to see how it got itself so unclean outside and badly taken care inside :/

1JXEMTO.jpg

it hurts a bit to see that it's not being taken care of as well as we took care of it.

This pic was in 2012, not long before we sold it. Just look at how mint the interior looked, very well taken care of. (It's a 2004 car) http://i.imgur.com/zRuVMxe.jpg

Aren't HID retrofits illegal?

I guess it depends where you live. But so long as you are smart about it and install them with headlights that have projectors then I don't see why it would be a problem. Now there are some people who install them in reflector headlights and that just blinds everybody.

Yeah, I know a fair amount of E82/E9x owners have aftermarket DEPO's ...

You probably won't have to change the headlights themselves, so long your car comes with projector headlights you can install HIDs without blinding anyone.

Don't worry. My parents (my mother in particular) say that I won't be allowed to drive the bmw until I'm experient because it's large

Quite the the other end of the scale from my dads approach...Threw me the keys to the Rover 75 & told me were going to Glenshee(A ski center up in the mountains)...and it was for skiing and the roads were as you'd expect for a winter day :lol: And Even better when you hear about what my insurance policy was on the car (If anything happened, my he was driving it ;))

-

About

the HID kits, here in the UK there a mixed bag but ARE legal if fitted in the right way, guy at my work has them on his 205 GTi and E-Mailed VOSA(make & check the rules & regulations for motoring in the UK) and got that information. They are way too bright though...

BMW broke our car.

Took it today for it's service and they broke it somehow xD An alarm came up for Open Hood, and it didn't go away after switching the sensor and it's circuitry.

However they were pretty cool folks and apologized a lot of times for not being able to have it ready today, and lent us a White Mini. Not a powerful engine but the driving position is great in those^^

Quite the the other end of the scale from my dads approach...Threw me the keys to the Rover 75 & told me were going to Glenshee(A ski center up in the mountains)...and it was for skiing and the roads were as you'd expect for a winter day :lol: And Even better when you hear about what my insurance policy was on the car (If anything happened, my he was driving it ;))

Sadly my dad won't let me drive either car :( My mate's teaching me in his Lupo - great wee car though!

Got to keep in mind the price my dad paid for cars...under £1000 mostly! So he never really had to worry about me writing off a new car, expensive car.

I also think the way he taught me to drive great, letting me use his car(always a 2.0 Saloon) on the fantastic mountain roads were blessed to have in Scotland, in a spirited manor. Only would comment on my driving if i asked him, or if he though i was going a bit fast for that part of the road, etc. Really relaxed way as I got to prat about to an extent while being safe. It's the way I plan to teach my children to drive.

Part of the problem I find for young folk is they have to be prim & proper while driving with there instructor/parents...that when given freedom they learn the rules of physics arnt that kind, or go speeding everywhere!

-

Though I'd post a picture of Wolf, it's been a wee while...

1012740_10151970850686132_2042994776_n.jpg

I never took the picture, my mate did for Blown Turbos