We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

You can drive sequential if you want, which is totally boring xD It's a matter of taste, auto provides for smoother accelerations and gearshifts, some people prefer to feel the clutch and to shift. Matter of personal taste.

About xDrive, it's mostly RWD, the axle couldn't take all the torque, so only under full accelerations or when it needs to save your butt it powers the front wheels.

When departing from grass, or a slippery road, the rear wheels spin whilst the front don't.

I know, mate. 'twas a joke, y'know. :para:

My sister and her bf got an F30 320xd for 6 months, it's Alpine White and has the M Sport package. Can't wait to try it out and compare it to our swagon. :nods:

E: Yeah, I've said it many times. The ZF box is very good, never got a bad review and when I had the chance to have a ride in an F11 last year, it was amazing. The engine was very nicely paired to the gearbox, never missed a beat if you know what I mean. It was a 525d xDrive.

Honestly, for me, where I live the xDrive is pretty useless. I think it's become more a modern trend than an actual need. Of course, when you live in the mountains it is of course useful/helpful, but we live almost under the mountains and every time we went to the Alps we've never had to put snow chains. Except once, but the hill was so steep that only Subarus didn't get stuck. :)

So you went from E46 to E90's? Wait two three years and get the LCI model. :nods:

E9x's are pretty solid. Pre-LCI models had a bit cheaper interior, after the facelift it got better, though they still don't match the previous generation in terms of interior quality. Nor does the F30.

They only need non-RFT tires and better suspension to behave as good as BMW should on typical UK/Czech roads. A lot of owners went with Performance springs and Koni shocks.

Still looking at E46s, but I've been looking for a year now and not found one that I've totally liked. With the E90 I'm not so bothered about interior/exterior colours, I'd only really want leather and possibly sat-nav as must haves. I'd still love blue with lemon leather though :p

Must have's for the E90 are:

CIC iDrive (much much better than the old version, though it is only in LCI models up to 9/08, but can be retrofitted)

Sport seats! (standard seats suck as hell, don't even think about them)

Xenons

Non-RFT tires (18" rims, better suspension and normal tires = best combo)

That's all really. Personally, I don't get why people choose black leather over leather/cloth combo. I think it has no advantages at all, and since you'll be buying a used car... Most people don't look after the leather, 60k on the clock and leather looks shiny and is damaged. A white car with Saddle brown or Coral red interior looks nice, although I still prefer the M Sport's Alcantara/Blue Shadow combination.

And me :huh: ?

Well, we don't know much about you... :p

Washed, polished (errm, with a filler...) and sealed. Still hasn't got rid of the scratches, swirls, tar and contamination as I don't have any product to do that.

9226591162_298c6f1784_h.jpg

9223827009_9ed04806f2_b.jpg

Sorry, not a better pic. My mom didn't want me to photograph the whole car while the car was parked on the street, which would be a great shot.

Cal and Harley also know a lot of about cars. I have no experience with mechanical stuff, unfortunately.

*I see cal after a night on the drink*

Yeah....I canz maechnics! :cheeky:

Btw, seeing the first pic, that looks like Forza/GT and not real! And I mean that in a good way!

Guest MrLolololXD

I can haz spanner for fix headlight bulbs?

But seriously, if anybody ever gets a tyre puncture, come see me. I have a professional tyre repairing screwdriver kit I found on craigslist.

Apu is the best guy for that really^^ He knows more about our car than me.

I'm the guy for Audi. Generally VAG would be Ryzza

I used to be the BMW guy (literally) around here (ask Ryzza and any other veteran members)

Then I took a Honda to the knee...

Yeah, I remember you from those good old days (also from TDU Forums)...

Thats going back...5 years or so now?

yuk

:es:

It was the Atari TDU forums, where most of us long term users here come from ;)

Not to be confused with the TDU2 fourms...