We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Spyker C8 Aileron Spyder

Jazzi

Source: http://www.orange.co.uk/cars/picturegalleries/pics/6043_1.htm?linkfrom=hp1&link=secondary_pos_4_link_photo&article=090823x1000x6sec3carsspykerc8aileronspyderunleashed

http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af253/jazzi_bee/spyker-c8-spyder-450-1-2108.jpg

Dutch marque Spyker has revealed a stunning drop-top version of its Mk2 C8 Aileron – a car that recently made its world debut the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in California.

The Spyder will feature a "high-quality, semi-automatic canvas soft-top" that will "retract under an aluminium tonneau", and when it has finished the folding process, the roof will be completely hidden within the body of the car, which helps to keep its profile looking neat and tidy.

The C8 will be powered by a 400bhp-delivering 4.2-litre V8 that helps it to a hair-raising top speed of 187 mph and a 0-60mph of 4.5 seconds. There will also be two transmission options on offer: a 6-speed Getrag manual gearbox and a ZF 6-speed automatic gearbox.

No prices have been announced as yet, but we expect the Aileron’s price tag to be above the £150,000 mark.

It should be ready for production in the early part of 2010. We'll keep you posted with the latest updates about Spyker’s latest drop-top supercar. In the mean time, check out images of the prototype version of C8 Aileron Spyder.

I think that is a beautiful looking car!

I think it looks fantastic. My only fault with it is it's length. A bit shorter and It'd be perfect.

Ditto, they made a LWB version of the C8 Spyder and it looks ugly next to it's SWB brother.

Also not fond of the way they have written the company motto round the panels below the roof stow.

I think the car looks fantastic, but like Mellors I think it would benefit aesthetically from a shorter wheelbase.

GHG has seen one already?! :eek:

The town where I live is 'near" (about 30km) the Spyker factory. everytime I'm in the neighbourhood I take a peek there. Have seen it in REAL, it's freaking amazing!!:drool:

The Orange top is to reflect the dutch heritage of Spyker.

About the Engine, this one is shipped with a 400 BHP Audi engine. I would be surprised if the don't offer the possibility to tune it to 650 BHP (They offered that option with the original C8 as well....)

Never driven one though (in real life)...:crying: