We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tool's Mod Factory (20/3/2010 - List Updated)

Tool831

tool you're on a roll lately, with all those rare , fast and great new cars !!!

also i think is time to update this thread with the 962 , elise GT1 an C2 nasca.(no rush tho ;) )

btw maby some more lemans inspired cars (GTone road version , R390 ....)

just an idea tho

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did u finished ur Shift List Tool?

he already made more than 100 mods.

there is a candidate to be Tool's apprentice.:confused: i wont mention his name,

we shouldnt dare to ask him for more mods,oh come on even robots need to relax,it is summer-time in australia so please dont bother Tool... :thumbsup:

hey mannnn... :bananahello:

he already made more than 100 mods.

there is a candidate to be Tool's apprentice.:confused: i wont mention his name,

we shouldnt dare to ask him for more mods,oh come on even robots need to relax,it is summer-time in australia so please dont bother Tool... :thumbsup:

hey mannnn... :bananahello:

hahaha, lol

just asking, cause him last mods are from IceKid.

hehe

cheers

Hey Tool, can you make a Lotus Elise SC? I'm sure it's not too hard to do, and you have a perfect base (your Elise w/ hardtop mod)?

I know it's not the place for requests...but it seems that you would be the person that would do the best job on this mod, that's why I'm asking here too.

Hey Tool, can you make a Lotus Elise SC? I'm sure it's not too hard to do, and you have a perfect base (your Elise w/ hardtop mod)?

I know it's not the place for requests...but it seems that you would be the person that would do the best job on this mod, that's why I'm asking here too.

That's what a lot of people say - that Tool is the one they want to do their mod. However, this is why we have the requests section. Because otherwise, everyone would be posting in this thread and telling him to make stuff for them.

Also, Tool is not the best for the mod; he only converts cars. If you want him to actually make a model, he is unable to. He can't make cars - he only puts them into TDU.*

-Leadfoot

*I am intentionally sounding "mean" because I'm hoping Tool will learn how to model cars in response, which would allow him to make a wider variety of vehicles. :cheeky:

;274482']

Also, Tool is not the best for the mod; he only converts cars. If you want him to actually make a model, he is unable to. He can't make cars - he only puts them into TDU.*

-Leadfoot

*I am intentionally sounding "mean" because I'm hoping Tool will learn how to model cars in response, which would allow him to make a wider variety of vehicles. :cheeky:

Correction leadfoot, I don't just 'convert' that's what I hate everyone thinking I do. I edit every single car I do it is the whole purpose of why I put "edited by: tool831" :)

-------------------------------------------------

Example:

LP550-2 (Sure thats just a vinyl, that does require a UVmapped vinyl)

LP560-4 Roadster - Well that name is pretty obvious isn't it..

LP560-4 Roadster (Soft top) - That soft top isn't just the stock roof with a different texture on the roof.

Pagani Zonda F Roadster

Ferrari 599 - It was originally the Novitec but I recreated most parts in order to restore it to the stock. Just so people could have it.

Ferrari Scuderia - That vinyl you see on it had to be redone half of it and the engine bay was abit dodgy

My 'Old' superlaggera - That was a standard TDU model and some kits from the NFS model but all that to make it all work need more poly's to connect to the car etc.

Koenigsegg CCXR - That rear spoiler was 100% from me created with reference images

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 (Spoiler up) - NFS don't have the spoiler parts in order to have it up, all that was done.

Audi R8 V10 - base model was from NFS except needed an exhaust and more editing to the model.

Audi R8 V10 Spyder - That needed some 'Welding' to the model and smoothing, also the front badge and some UV mapping was needed.

Toyota Supra RZ Targa's - That was all my doing with chopping the roof off and creating the parts to make it look correct.

2007 Lexus LF-A - It has the centre console redone in order to fit the rear view mirror in, without it going stupid on me.

Mercedes-Benz SLR 722 Edition - Interior behind the seats needed to be fixed, in order for the interior not to have gaps

2007 Audi R8 LeMans Quattro - Base model from NFS and other parts where from Carbon, though the headlights needed to be redone slightly to fit inside the Shift model, same goes with the new motor. Also had to have some UV mapping.

1969 Nissan Skyline 2000 GTR - Side door panels and interior for shift was bigger then the exterior model. I had to downsize and fix the door panels also make up the connections to the main front small window.

2006 Mazda MX-5 (Miata) - Interior was slightly making parts stick out, needed to be downsized and poly's pushed in.

1993 BMW Italdesign Nazca C2 - It was too large for TDU's file size so I edited the model for Body_LR and Shadow details. I had to remove poly's in order to fit within TDU's limit's.

I could go on where nearly everything..

------------------------------------------------------------

Also for the record, NFS Shift does not have separated parts for the doors or anything, all parts between the doors and all, need to be created and cut out etc in order for the doors and windows to work in TDU. It was not just a straight conversion.

No car I have ever done is/was a straight conversion. Never, they may come from a game or a modeler but that does mean they weren't edited. So leadfoot I really do hope in the future you do not say that again, also now understand that no car of mine is a straight conversion.

@TOOL831 i do agree that if every car was just a simple conversion then it would be alot easier. But it seems to me that you want people to think that modding is actually harder than it it. And also writing that every SHIFT car does not have separated doors its a few clicks then they are, and about 15 minutes fixing the gaps.

Please correct me if i am wrong and you realy do some thing different.

And also writing that every SHIFT car does not have separated doors its a few clicks then they are, and about 15 minutes fixing the gaps.

Please correct me if i am wrong and you realy do some thing different.

Umm?

What part of "cutting out doors" does that not sound like editing? :rolleyes: A few clicks? Umm no its not just 4 clicks and there is the doors, you must rush your doors then if its only a small amount of clicks for you.

Thing is like ive always said to you minime, you got it easy.

Oldi told you everything, myself on the other hand learned everything myself over time also some main stuff from basbas. Other then that, even so I was the first person to start including custom Body_LR and cockpits and that took sometime to learn.

So the reason I tell everyone it's hard cause I learned by myself, you sure could tell everyone its easy but thats cause you got help from most modders.

Try working by yourself all from scratch and not knowing anything about zmodeler.. Without oldi. You'd be stuck and clueless, except seeing you know most now no point in trying all by yourself now.

Well thats just not true yes oldi has helped me out alot, and i have learnt all the basic from him. But there are other things i have learnt myself. And no i would not be stuck with out oldi it would just take me longer to learn.

And i no its not just 4 clicks to do the doors, but you make it seem like 10,000 clicks.

minime891... Just I couldn't care, I don't even know how this started.

It's how I do stuff that matters, from my point of view it would be hard for someone to mod. Your 'easy' point of view of modding is easy. So really we have our own view's on how to mod TDU. So I couldn't care less if I tell people its hard its just how I see it from 2 years ago and continuing.

All I did is start a nice post to leadfoot proving that I don't straight convert and you've just started so from now on, if you ever try to start anything I will completely ignore you.

Well thats just not true yes oldi has helped me out alot, and i have learnt all the basic from him. But there are other things i have learnt myself. And no i would not be stuck with out oldi it would just take me longer to learn.

Ah right, you sure about that?

Well, please explain the reason you were looking at Tool's BMW M3 E46 topic and when Tool caught you red handed you even owned up to it? Don't say it was because you were just checking to see if you had the correct grille on it because we all know that is rubbish. It seems to me like you only get other people's experience and copy other people's work instead of doing it yourself as you are lazy and can't be bothered half the time.

For example, when you were going to be doing the Honda S2000 you talked about trying to get hold of Tool's S2000 so you didn't have to level it out. If thats not lazy mate then I don't know what is. Also you saying that you wouldn't be stuck without Oldi's help is a complete lie because I am sure that you would not be able to do anything and if you could you probably couldn't be bothered. Just face it, you're obviously wrong about what you say.

Also, I have to admit Leadfoot what you said was a bit un-called for even if you were joking around. I just can't believe you said that because you have even seen that Tool has done many custom cars, edited some others and released them on the forum.

And for general information Tool never told me to post, I am posting because I am actually shocked at this stupid argument that's surfaced and that Tool is being blamed for saying that modding is harder than it is. I can tell you right now, I have tried attempting a mod in Zmodeler without any help from anyone and I can tell you right now it's definitely not straight forward.

Oh and by the way, I think you forgot to list the 599 GTB in your first post as MilanelloPL was talking about this and it was ignored. Also your Diablo is not in the list either, as much as thats a new mod but yeah. :D

@The Queen you want to get you facts right mate, i asked reaper did he know what car tool replaced just to save time. And i was looking at tools thread because of the grill and hood because i couldnt tell much difference between them for the CSL version. Also how can i copy him its not even his model its from a game so its going to be the same. And if you cant pick up things on your own in zmodeler you have not got much chance in life.