We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post Your Drawings!

cis4care

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Soooooooooooooooo, i am here, on this thread, once more again, but this time, a bit more emotional. As many of you guys know, i've always tried to be an automotive designer, trying my best at contests that brands rarely open around here. 2015 was no different, Volkswagen has opened it's Design contest, i've made my project, submmited, and again, i didn't pass. What makes it different than other times is... this was my last try. I must graduate, and the contest is for students only. That means... if i ever will be an automotive designer, my path just got a LOT harder.

I'd like to thank everyone who believed me, everyone who sort of told me to never give up. Thank you. Now, the project...

A small intro... :lol:

"The Project Ypy is basically a truck with medium-small size (Volkswagen Tiguan) made for hard work. It not only tries to bring back the solid and reliable fame that Volkswagen always had in Brazil, but also tries to bring in evidence Brazil's most rich culture, the Tupi culture.

The name "Ypy" has Tupi origins, it's a word that means "Wind", being a small play to remember the origins of other Volkswagen names, such as Eos, Passat and Golf."

sIUoLS8.png

Concepts

iTr1sF0.png

Sketches

qirRmmq.png

Technical board

86sUEia.png

Final Renders

If the images are too big, tell me and i will resize them.

It's easier in Europe, because automotive brands have a different posture over there. Here they are like "a club", extremelly hard to get in. Plus, for you guys it's easier to go to Scuola Politecnica di Milano, and get in the Masters on Transportation Design. Fiat takes students from there to be internships at Turim... Sadly, the cost and expenses for that are way too high for me.

Don't give up Hassan... i might have failed at this, but you don't have to take same path as me.