We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Announced!!

Eudemon

at first glance i thought that its cool but at second thought i changed my opinion.

the people who work on it are the same ones that was working on tdu1?

bcs honestly it doesnt reach up my expections from tdu2 i think that they should have really improve the reflections, its not so improved plus the trees doesnt look real (they look cartoonish), it was more realistic better looking and alive in tdu1, the trees arent so green as it was in tdu1.

There is more to gaming than the graphics.

/facepalm

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I hate graphics oriented games. For example, if GT5 hasn't got improved handling then its night mode and uber graphics then IMO it won't mean crap, because forza's handling is so much better than anything polyphony have offered. perhaps I'm strange but I prefer to play a game than beat off to the graphics.

I don't mind graphics in good games, just as long as they don't look like something from 5 years ago. TDU1 wasn't a great looking game and I wouldn't mind if TDU2 looked about the same. Just as long as the gameplay has improved and overall quality of the game then I will be more than happy.

I don't mind graphics in good games, just as long as they don't look like something from 5 years ago. TDU1 wasn't a great looking game and I wouldn't mind if TDU2 looked about the same. Just as long as the gameplay has improved and overall quality of the game then I will be more than happy.

Exactly.

TDU1 aged very well, still looks good today if you play with full details, max resolution and AA on. I mean look at the screenshots Tool always makes with his mods, looks amazing.

Personally I've seen too many games that tried too hard with the graphics and felt kind of empty. Crysis for example was a bit of a disappointment to me...

after all the graphics are playing a big role of the gameplay experience i mean it can make the game feel more immersive so if the graphics arent realistic then itll probably feel not so real,

and i know that the handling of the cars got improved but still graphics do matter for realism.

(for me anyway and im sure that for other people that want a realistic game too)

I agree there. Maybe visual sensations are not so important in hard core closed tracks racing simulators like LFS, iRacing, even Race series, but in games which are based on exclusive top tourist destination islands like TDU, visual experience is far more important. But hey, u can't have both, huge island to drive on and perfect graphics.

Maybe some day it will be possible, but not yet.

Gameplay is the most important thing about a game as is the fact that it runs as it's supposed to as bugs and glitches can kill a game so quickly. Today though most kiddies love their great graphics which actually hopefully now they are starting to realise that great graphics count for jack if the game isn't worth playing in the first place.

BobbyV im glad that you agree with me

Diablo i know very well that it can "kill" the game but i didns say that its gonna be easy for them to make it so realistic or something like that but its just what i expect from eden.

and just so you know im not a little kid at all im 23 years old haha

BobbyV im glad that you agree with me

Diablo i know very well that it can "kill" the game but i didns say that its gonna be easy for them to make it so realistic or something like that but its just what i expect from eden.

and just so you know im not a little kid at all im 23 years old haha

Everybody has an inner child. :cheeky:

I agree there. Maybe visual sensations are not so important in hard core closed tracks racing simulators like LFS, iRacing, even Race series, but in games which are based on exclusive top tourist destination islands like TDU, visual experience is far more important. But hey, u can't have both, huge island to drive on and perfect graphics.

Maybe some day it will be possible, but not yet.

I'm much more happy that they've made it more 'unlimited' to be honest. One of the reasons that I loved GTA: San Andreas so much (hell, even more than 4) is because if you wanted to do something, you just did it. The area was a playground, and that's what I felt with TDU, as you could do pretty much anything, but now some of the stuff that was fun, but severely gimped (like mountain climbing) is getting improved, to make it all the fun it's supposed to be

I don't want the roads to look pretty, I just want them to be smooth, and i don't want cars to have twice the pixels, I just want them to be fun to drive, and handle uniquely, not 'same handling, different mesh' that you got with some cars on TDU1

I still play N64 and Dreamcast games once in a blue moon, I'm really not that into graphics :p

that said, TDU2 could do with looking better graphics than TDU, as the environments seemed a bit dead. I'd prefer it to just be busier really. I think as graphics are concerned, it doesn't need to be shinier, just better quality. No mountains turning to jagged spikes because of crap draw distance, no ultra low poly birds, no inanimate objects (like the parked cars in teh stadium car park) that looks like lego, and more realistic lighting.

I think improvement only needs to be done environmentally. even when it was new I never thought of TDU as a looker in screens, the graphics only really shine during gameplay, because the environment is immersive. as long as the environment is convincing I really dont think the graphics of cars and stuff needs that much work, considering that most the time you're too busy trying to follow a road full of traffic than oogle the car

I still play N64 and Dreamcast games once in a blue moon, I'm really not that into graphics :p

that said, TDU2 could do with looking better graphics than TDU, as the environments seemed a bit dead. I'd prefer it to just be busier really. I think as graphics are concerned, it doesn't need to be shinier, just better quality. No mountains turning to jagged spikes because of crap draw distance, no ultra low poly birds, no inanimate objects (like the parked cars in teh stadium car park) that looks like lego, and more realistic lighting.

I think improvement only needs to be done environmentally. even when it was new I never thought of TDU as a looker in screens, the graphics only really shine during gameplay, because the environment is immersive. as long as the environment is convincing I really dont think the graphics of cars and stuff needs that much work, considering that most the time you're too busy trying to follow a road full of traffic than oogle the car

I agree with you, graphics don't really matter that much because the objects you mentioned like the birds and cars in the stadium are not things you'd look at forever. You'd mostly focus on more important things. The area you'd drive around, your house and maybe even your character might not need good graphics either. The only thing that matters to me is gameplay.

I mean, what would you want more, a crappy, short, boring game with awesome graphics, or a game with an awesome storyline and awesome features and bad graphics? I forgot who said it before, but you can't have both good graphics and a good game. Technology grows fast. Eventually you will be able to have that.

Im a sucker for graphics... Im starting to get past that though, and now i think about it, i kinda have already- i still play r6 vegas/2, tdu, oblivion (although, that game does have some spectacular lighting effects early morning/late afternoon, up in the mountains...). I just hope they can get a good mix of better-than-tdu1-graphics, and better-than-tdu1-physics. I dont want the game to look as good as forza or gt, its just not possible without completely comprimising the gameplay. Higher poly interiors would be nice. And as others have said, a less dead environment. People in the streets of the cities, that manage to jump out of the way if your on the pavement, and DONT jump in front of your car from the pavement like in gta4 ;)

Guys, at least eden listened to us, we will be able to play everywhere we want, like a playground ( like WHo says)

Maybe that's why they will add offroads, to show us that they are improving all psysichs so we can play where we want!

FIr my opinion, the graphics of TDU are ok, i dont want nothing else, just improvement of the enviroment nothing else ^^

i have thought about it too that the game is feeling dead no people on the streets at all (TDU1) and that the roads are not smooth enough but im just referring to the graphics and as it looks from the images i can tell that its not gonna be good even compared to TDU1, its nice but not exactly the way i expected it to look like, they could make the trees for example more realistic as it was in TDU 1 couldnt they?

Exactly, they aren't even in the polishing phase yet and to be honest they aren't going to release their best pics right away, they want to gradually grow the excitement and anticipation by showing you new and better things as we approach the eventual release.

Everybody has an inner child. :cheeky:

I think it's right the opposite. When ur kid u don't give a crap about visual beauty, having large playground is all that matters. While ur gettin' older nice landscapes are more and more important...

Of course if I have to choose between nice gameplay and graphics, I'll always choose gameplay. But why not have both?

Exactly, they aren't even in the polishing phase yet and to be honest they aren't going to release their best pics right away, they want to gradually grow the excitement and anticipation by showing you new and better things as we approach the eventual release.

That's called Marketing too :P